Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Very interesting program about Crisp wars (especially Golden Wonder and Walkers) on last night  ..  quite fascinating and well worth watching ..  watch on catch up.  There’s money in them there taters that’s for sure !! 

BBC???

2 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Very interesting program about Crisp wars (especially Golden Wonder and Walkers) on last night  ..  quite fascinating and well worth watching ..  watch on catch up.  There’s money in them there taters that’s for sure !! 

I watched chocolate wars the other week so guessing its a similar program, was quite interesting and pretty amusing at how serioursly some of them took it and still hold a grudge against the rival company like 30 years later

On 04/08/2021 at 08:53, ozleicester said:

Im sure you folks have had this for a while, but ive just about finished Ted Lasso... REALLY enjoyed it.

Has anyone watched season 2... is it as good?

On 04/08/2021 at 11:57, The Bear said:

Yep. Still brilliant. 

Well, the first two episodes any way. It's being released one a week. 

My wife and I love it -- probably because I'm American and she is English. It seriously has no right to be good as it is. I thought the Christmas episode was brilliant, especially the search for a dentist.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

The White Lotus on Sky is very good. It's about rich guests at a fancy hotel in Hawaii. They're all horrible in different ways, and it's a lot like Succession - a comedy played really seriously. There's only six episodes, and we just finished the third. Excellent so far. 

I watched it and enjoyed it but don't really know what the point was.

Daddario being in it helped.

3 minutes ago, DanNDH88 said:

Yeah was good, was hoping Martin Compston would have had a bigger part though.. 

I think he'll making more appearances in flashbacks etc.

Edited by Facecloth
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, rachhere said:

Yes! We enjoyed it  - definitely will be tuning in to see the second episode later on. 

Us too. Bit of an unusual start but dramatic and intriguing. I can kind of see where the plot is going but no idea who is involved in the... (not going to say what I think)

Watching married at first sight.atm, e4. Defo the gay side in me has always enjoyed this, but....

It's been ruined. The first 5 series were actually quite sincere. It's been all 'love island' up in It's new.format and the usual loudmouth, over confident-but-ooooh-my-mental-health wannabe celebs have invaded it

Watched the killing of Versace recently, interesting and told me a lot that i didnt previously know.

Oz Netflix has "Good Girls", watched and enjoyed the first 4 episodes, not sure how they have made 3 seasons of it... but good writing, light TV. After a year of true crime etc its a nice break.

Watched Vigil on iplayer.

Standard high quality drama what youd expect with that cast who seem to have been in a few of this genre of drama in the past.

Top stuff,looking forward to the  rest.

9/11: Inside the Presidents War Room - documentary on BBC i-player.

A brilliant portrayal of what happened that day from interviews with Rice, Cheney, Powell etc. and Dubya himself.

Amazing how shit the communications systems were even 20 years ago and how much they've advanced since. Short trailer here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09t4m5r

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Izzy said:

9/11: Inside the Presidents War Room - documentary on BBC i-player.

A brilliant portrayal of what happened that day from interviews with Rice, Cheney, Powell etc. and Dubya himself.

Amazing how shit the communications systems were even 20 years ago and how much they've advanced since. Short trailer here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p09t4m5r

Was a very interesting watch. Almost made me like George W Bush. Almost.

• Like 2