Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ozwin

Let's have a TV shows thread.

33 minutes ago, Raj said:

This is how things are nowadays.

I agree with you, they deserve a good slapping

Kids aspire to be like these fu@ktards.

Sad

They, and their producers, are actively contributing to the dumbing down of society. 

They should be hounded in the street. Not physically, of course. Just shouted at. 

47 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

They, and their producers, are actively contributing to the dumbing down of society. 

They should be hounded in the street. Not physically, of course. Just shouted at. 

Abit of a slap or two wont go amiss though.

On 27/05/2021 at 10:58, RonnieTodger said:

Started Giri/Haji which is pretty good.

Also watched Derry Girls which was a lot better than I thought it'd be.

I though giri/haji was a great watch, especially the final episode which some people hated but I thought was excellent 

11 hours ago, foxile5 said:

Why aren't the cast of Made in Chelsea hounded and abused in the street? Why are they allowed to get on with their lives without any punishment? 

Awful, awful television. Awful people. No value to society at all. 

Because the majority of the public and people under 40 years old are just as vacuous and self obsessed as those tossers on TV. 

5 hours ago, marbles said:

Watched Ted Lasso

i figured it would have just been another ridiculous comedy, but it was actually very good.  

Yeah I'm looking forward to S2. The bloke is impossible not to like, and the other characters are well written. 

The club owner is the "Shame" nun from GoT in case any one didn't already know. 

Currently rewatching Community on Netflix. It really is constantly smile inducing, just for the pop culture and film references. I just watched the Goodfellas episode which was brilliant. 

When I watched it first time round I had no idea who the Russo Brothers were either. 

Edited by The Bear

9 hours ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

The only one from made in Chelsea I'd recognise would be the blonde lad who's the heir to mcvities, I think. Bunch of pricks, yeah, but best not to pay it any attention than get annoyed by it. 

This is like saying 'don't pay attention to the man dumping raw sewerage into the sea' 

They're actively making society worse through their existence. The mrs ****ing loves them and its a battle to get them off the TV. 

On 29/05/2021 at 13:12, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The Friends reunion was the second best (*) thing on telly this year. A wonderful watch. Got a bit emotional in places.

(*) The FA Cup Final was the best, obviously.

Amazing. It seems to be fashionable to bash Friends on the internet and how shit it is. Nice to see praise for it!

There were a couple of "manufactured" elements, but that's to be expected in something like this. Generally though I can't even imagine the memories and nostalgia it brings up for them. The prime years of their lives. The returning other actors and the proper film rushes behind the scenes bits were also great. They could package the offcuts up and it'd be streamed like mad.

Weirdest bit though, Lady Gaga guest appearance... me and the wife weren't sure if Kudrow had no idea who it was, didn't give a crap or was offended by her butting into the segment. Whatever the case she looked thoroughly pissed off lol 

On 30/05/2021 at 03:10, marbles said:

Watched Ted Lasso

i figured it would have just been another ridiculous comedy, but it was actually very good.  

Same as you, then gave it a go and raced through it in about a day. Gentle, fun and it's not like you're sitting there spotting all the footballing errors.

Can't wait for S2, just hope they have somewhere funny to take it after S1.

On 30/05/2021 at 03:10, marbles said:

Watched Ted Lasso

On 30/05/2021 at 08:47, The Bear said:

Yeah I'm looking forward to S2. The bloke is impossible not to like, and the other characters are well written. 

The club owner is the "Shame" nun from GoT in case any one didn't already know. 

12 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Same as you, then gave it a go and raced through it in about a day. Gentle, fun and it's not like you're sitting there spotting all the footballing errors.

Can't wait for S2, just hope they have somewhere funny to take it after S1.

I'm convinced Ted Lasso would do a better job than Gareth Southgate lol

• Haha 1

On 30/05/2021 at 08:49, The Bear said:

Currently rewatching Community on Netflix. It really is constantly smile inducing, just for the pop culture and film references. I just watched the Goodfellas episode which was brilliant. 

When I watched it first time round I had no idea who the Russo Brothers were either. 

Such a wonderful show with so many stand out episodes. The bottle episode in season two has a line from Shirley that gets me every single time. 

9 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Such a wonderful show with so many stand out episodes. The bottle episode in season two has a line from Shirley that gets me every single time. 

It reminds me of Spaced in that you can instantly tell the writing and direction is extremely clever, with lots of pop culture and film/tv references. 

• Thanks 1

On 30/05/2021 at 09:00, foxile5 said:

This is like saying 'don't pay attention to the man dumping raw sewerage into the sea' 

They're actively making society worse through their existence. The mrs ****ing loves them and its a battle to get them off the TV. 

Dump her, she's the problem not the solution 🤣

On 29/05/2021 at 20:12, UpTheLeagueFox said:

The Friends reunion was the second best (*) thing on telly this year. A wonderful watch. Got a bit emotional in places.

You have fooled me for a long time now... but this.. THIS.. NO!... no more!

You are clearly a parody account, what have you done with the real @UpTheLeagueFox

• Haha 1

On 29/05/2021 at 13:12, UpTheLeagueFox said:

It was good to hear them speak and see the impact it had. Wholesome television. 

Why that toxic blowhard James Corden was hosting it I'll never know. Annoyed me with his transatlantic drawl. 

On 31/05/2021 at 21:26, RonnieTodger said:

Just finished Mare of Easttown. I called the ending, safe to say I’ve watched too many of these dramas lol 

They did it well to be fair, I can't stand a drama when they drop a (not so subtle clue) and ruin it. Whilst it was obvious they wanted some suspicion around the person who did it, they did exactly the same for pretty much everyone. I was convinced it was going to be her daughter at one point. 

Only thing that bothered me was the last episode twist was signposted the second the first person was arrested, as it was obvious they weren't going to resolve it in the first two minutes of the hour lol

23 hours ago, Footballwipe said:

Amazing. It seems to be fashionable to bash Friends on the internet and how shit it is. Nice to see praise for it!

There were a couple of "manufactured" elements, but that's to be expected in something like this. Generally though I can't even imagine the memories and nostalgia it brings up for them. The prime years of their lives. The returning other actors and the proper film rushes behind the scenes bits were also great. They could package the offcuts up and it'd be streamed like mad.

Weirdest bit though, Lady Gaga guest appearance... me and the wife weren't sure if Kudrow had no idea who it was, didn't give a crap or was offended by her butting into the segment. Whatever the case she looked thoroughly pissed off lol 

Why on earth they had to try and force the celebrity element into I don't know, other than thinking it's going to bring it to a whole new audience because Bieber is dressed as a bloody potato. 

15 minutes ago, Babylon said:

Why on earth they had to try and force the celebrity element into I don't know, other than thinking it's going to bring it to a whole new audience because Bieber is dressed as a bloody potato. 

It's hard to believe he watched any friends at all 

Liverpool Narcos. Drama doc. Very interesting and quite scary how easy drug dealing was then and maybe still is. 

I also hold the policies of Thatcher to blame for the attempted destruction the people of Liverpool that caused the Toxteth riots and has resulted in the crime and drug crisis the city has suffered over the years

Edited by Parafox
  • Thanks 1