Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
GLC

Foxes agree record Vardy deal

Foxes agree record Vardy deal

Foxes to break non-league record

Jamie-Vardy-Fleetwood_2700834.jpg

Jamie Vardy: Set to join Leicester City

Sky Sports understands Leicester City have agreed a deal worth £1million for Fleetwood Town striker Jamie Vardy.

Vardy is understood to have turned down offers from fellow Championship sides Cardiff Cityspacer.gif and Peterborough Unitedspacer.gif to join Leicester.spacer.gif

Sky Sports has learnt the striker is now at the Walkers Stadium, undergoing a medical ahead of signing for the Foxes.

The Conference champions have agreed what is a record deal for a non-league player, and it could rise to £1.7million.

Vardy, 25, only joined Fleetwood last season from Halifax Town. Before that he played over 100 games for Stocksbridge Park Steels.

I assume he's basically our player now then, Mods delete if needs be, but it looks set to happen

Sky Sports understands Leicester City have agreed a deal worth £1million for Fleetwood Town striker Jamie Vardy.

Vardy is understood to have turned down offers from fellow Championship sides Cardiff Cityspacer.gif and Peterborough Unitedspacer.gif to join Leicester.spacer.gif

Sky Sports has learnt the striker is now at the Walkers Stadium, undergoing a medical ahead of signing for the Foxes.

The Conference champions have agreed what is a record deal for a non-league player, and it could rise to £1.7million.

Vardy, 25, only joined Fleetwood last season from Halifax Town. Before that he played over 100 games for Stocksbridge Park Steels.

I assume he's basically our player now then, Mods delete if needs be, but it looks set to happen

:rolleyes:

Guest BlueBrett

Is this guy good? (Please don't just copy and paste his goal scoring record by way of reply)

Bit of a punt really. £1m is a lot for any non-league player. Not too fussed about the possible rise to £1.7m as if we end up paying that I assume it will be because he's put in a decent shift.

A gamble but an exciting gamble and a signing in keeping with the overall young/hungry Pearson style.

I'll be really interested to see how he does. I must admit, I'm not convinced he'll make an immediate impact as it's such a big step up in class but obviously I wish him all the best and I hope he becomes one of those non-league success stories a la Ian Wright / Kevin Phillips / Alan Smith etc.

Massive gamble.

Even if he turns out shit you know you'll get 100% from him. This is his chance for a life of luxary.

Well yeah, Im guessin today could've been the biggest day in his life so far, and he's probably already on a jet to Cyprus to go and celebrate.

I don't think its a big of a gamble we've taken in the past two years, and I'm fairly confident this will pay off

Luxury* :whistle:

Archived