Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
kyleolly

Beckford

9 championship goals in someones entire career does not make them a proven championship striker.

And there you go again Babylon. He scored 15. You want to ignore the other 6 that's up to you entirely. Obviously he didn't score those 6 in the Championship and so forgetting them, you think, gives credence to your arguement. I don't.

:unsure:

And there you go again Babylon. He scored 15. You want to ignore the other 6 that's up to you entirely. Obviously he didn't score those 6 in the Championship and so forgetting them, you think, gives credence to your arguement. I don't.

I don't know why you just don't come out and say you don't like the guy and wish we just got rid. Save all the skirting around.

But come Christmas when he's banged in a good few I guess your tune will change. And that's what really grips me. I just want to give the guy a chance.

Because I have nothing against him, I hope he does well, in fact i'll be bloody chuffed to pieces if he does as it means we've not wasted a shit load of cash. I've also not said he won't, if he produces games like the Boro one every week he could end up on 60 blooming goals this year because he was brilliant.

But If you want to laud 6 cup goals fine, but the league is what matters to me. That's the bread and butter, that's "this level", that's why he was brought to the club, that's why the owners pay him a shit load of cash each week... to get us out of this league. Not to get to a quarter final, not to knock in a couple against Swindon or 3 against a terrible forest team

Scoring in league 7 games is not good enough. I'd expect that as a minimum from anyone playing that amount of game time. From your top earner I expect far far more than that. If you don't that's absolutely fine, you set your own standards, there is no magic number. But to call someone a moron over it and say they are talking shit / bollocks is ridiculous. If that's the case half the people in this thread are also.

Awwww diddums.

I love how I get blamed for it, there were plenty of people saying exactly the same as I was. And I was able to communicate in a sensible manner, where as the bloke above thinks it's fine to call people morons, say they talk shit, talk bollocks, and are laughable. For a point most people actually seemed to agree with. 9 championship goals in someones entire career does not make them a proven championship striker.

Jog on kiddo.

This is the exact reason I find you incredibly annoying.

You're so damn arrogant.

Babylon you're winding yourself up mate. Calm down lad.

The whole team were pretty pooh last season, too busy counting the money honey!!

Picking out Beckford for special treatment is unfair and yes - moronic. If the cap fits son, slap it on.

I think we can agree that there was a general lack of quality last season and a severe lack of application. That was not something that impacted on one player alone. Even if highly paid.

Give them all a chance and see how it goes. I'll keep the faith. You can do what you will.

On the whole Beckford subject, I feel that it is quite obvious that everyone is split about whether he is good enough or not.

My personal view point is that he is good enough, just look at some of his performances last season, although some were abysmal is fair to say but who doesn't have a bad game. Beckford I a goal scorer, he's proven it at Leeds and Everton to some extent. I just feel that last season some of our players over-looked Beckford as he was in some great positions and was making quality runs. We all know he can finish, its just about whether we can get the ball to him when he's in that position. I feel that him and Nugent would benefit from a target man.

If Beckford can get his confidence up and work hard, the goals will come. Additionally with Matty James coming in, and I read on another topic that he can find a pass, then we can hope to see more assist from the mid-field for our strikers.

Some of the criticism for Beckford is un-fair but people will be allowed to have their opinion and no-one can change that. For me Beckford WILL do us proud next season, think I may have to have a cheeky £10 bet he'll be top scorer next season.

Beckford has qualities they just need to be utilized more often on his part as well as the other midfielders giving him good service likewise to our other forwards, I think a full pre season behind his belt may well see the best of him next season I hope, if we get a target man to play of either Nugent or Beckford in a 4-4-2 we would be a good proposition imo.

Babylon you're winding yourself up mate. Calm down lad.

The whole team were pretty pooh last season, too busy counting the money honey!!

Picking out Beckford for special treatment is unfair and yes - moronic. If the cap fits son, slap it on.

I think we can agree that there was a general lack of quality last season and a severe lack of application. That was not something that impacted on one player alone. Even if highly paid.

Give them all a chance and see how it goes. I'll keep the faith. You can do what you will.

Picking out Beckford? It's a thread about Beckford in which people were discussing his merits or lack of, what else am I supposed to talk about in here, the weather? Take a look through the thread and how many other people have said exactly what I have. Obviously lots of morons in here at the moment.

I don't have a Leicester program to hand so somebody could put me right....what was Beckfords record against the bottom 11 teams,my guess is he did not score many as these teams mostly parked the bus.

He likes the ball through the channels,so he can run on to...and as in most cases last season this just did not happen...we lacked that midfielder who could open up defences and create the space.

To much sideways passing and little else, i am not sure about you but Leicester were so predictable last year that teams knew they just needed for us to lose the ball and then hit us on the counter.

I think Beckford is a luxury player,either change our tactics to suit him or sell him.

I don't have a Leicester program to hand so somebody could put me right....what was Beckfords record against the bottom 11 teams,my guess is he did not score many as these teams mostly parked the bus.

He likes the ball through the channels,so he can run on to...and as in most cases last season this just did not happen...we lacked that midfielder who could open up defences and create the space.

To much sideways passing and little else, i am not sure about you but Leicester were so predictable last year that teams knew they just needed for us to lose the ball and then hit us on the counter.

I think Beckford is a luxury player,either change our tactics to suit him or sell him.

Fingers crossed we will be more expansive. The midfield looks fairly mobile, still think we need a bit of pace and trickery but that doesn't grow on trees.

Exactly.

Fair enough he has an opinion, but that doesn't mean other posters opinions are wrong.

He doesn't usually argue for the sake of it, mostly he is balanced and pragmatic and thus creates debate which can be a good thing. Not his fault you lot are a bunch of douchebags :ph34r:;)

this is bang on ( yes he will score goals) but 2 pay 30k a week for only 15 goals all told last season for sum body who only realy scores from through balls surley either the whole team changes the way we play or Beckford changes the way he plays ( in my eyes works harder for the team) or he moves on.

Archived