Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burton Post Match Debacle

Wasn't there, glad I wasn't. Sounds like the defeat was down to several things - SSL not ready, Whitbread had a terrible debut, a questionable penalty decision, and Kasper having a very off night which to be fair - doesn't happen often. That coupled with an all-round mediocre team performance led to us being hammered by a far inferior side.

On a plus note - Futacs scored, and apparently an impressive goal. Little consolation, but maybe there's more to see from him? (Chap on the RL moan-in just said "Why did Pearson bring in Futacs instead of Beckford? Beckford scored for Everton!" - ...but Beckford hasn't scored this season or cup, and Futacs came on and DID score. What a stupid comment)

Atleast we played well....:unsure:

Thank-god I decided not to go tonight.

Don't think i'll be going Saturday either...Wow my season ticket is looking a waste of money at this very moment, I missed loads of games last season because I couldn't be bothered towards the end of the season, I wasn't going to renew for this season but got talked round to 'give it one more season'...Oh dear.

I fear my time as a 'die-hard fan' is coming to an end, over the last year I have mentioned how i've struggled to get as excited as I used to I thought it might come back and I might get the buzz again over time but i'm not, i'm really stuggling, as I said I was talked into 'giving it one more year' but i'm still finding it a chore to go to games - A few wins and it might come back - I may just be fickle, although I don't fickleness goes on for this long, if I was fickle after one win i'd be getting excited again, i'll just have to see how it goes over this season, i've bought a season ticket I may aswell use it now and again...

You're growing up, that's all it is, my love

Its the cup, we made 8 changes 7 who have had no game time all season... with 3 of our better strikers on the bench.

Wrong tatics maybe, dreadful result but if we can play how we did against Charlton and Blackburn and put away the chances then we're not far off and I wouldn't be too worried.

No point changing managers AGAIN and ****ikng up the whole season AGAIN. give the man a chance as they say rome wasn't build in a day, hes brought in some young quality players and is obviously building for the future.

We lost 4-2? Fu ck me, the ref must really have hated us. Bloody hom... err awayer.

How can we keep being this unlucky? We can't keep JUST losing like 4-2.

Someone would probably be on the end of a 1-0 tonking soon, if it weren't for the ref +2 modifier to the oppositions' score.

*sigh*

I thought winning and losing was irrelevant to you?

Make your mind up.

Indeed! Tonight was bad, but as much as I would have loved a giant killing cup run, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. We've looked great recently and only need to start converting chances and we'll beat anyone in this league.

what the **** we have won this trophy 3 times 3 times !!!!!!!!!! giant killing ??

I wonder how fired up the likes of Danns, Gallagher, Waghorn and Nugent are? Squad unity seems iffy to me. We're so weak, there's no spirit from what I've seen all of last season and this season other than the odd flash.

No idea what the answer is though.

We lost 4-2? Fu ck me, the ref must really have hated us. Bloody hom... err awayer.

How can we keep being this unlucky? We can't keep JUST losing like 4-2.

Someone would probably be on the end of a 1-0 tonking soon, if it weren't for the ref +2 modifier to the oppositions' score.

*sigh*

sleep well

4 shots on target, 4 goals.

I think the scoreline makes it sound a lot more terrible than it actually is.

It happens to a few teams each year and this year we're one of them. We played a lot of fringe players.

It's embarrassing and the starting 11 should be held responsible and hold their hands up to a performance not worthy of beating lower league opposition.

However, Knockaert and Futacs scored and we'll be right up for Blackpool. I'm betting on a Leicester win.

I wonder how fired up the likes of Danns, Gallagher, Waghorn and Nugent are? Squad unity seems iffy to me. We're so weak, there's no spirit from what I've seen all of last season and this season other than the odd flash.

We need a new defensive coach for starters.

We haven't been the same at the back since Powell went to Charlton.

look at the manager clueless and no passion atall he is lifeless a complete pratt and that fat git shakespeare

Admittedly, I was fuming at this. But now, only 20 mins or so after its finished, i couldnt actually give a toss! I mean yes, we had a side out GOOD enough to beat Burton, but it WASNT a first 11 side. No Drinkwater, Marshall, Vardy, Morgan. And when you look at the players that come in for this game they are players that many of us agree shouldnt be pulling on a City shirt again as they either aren't good enough, or past it.

When the dust settles, its probably a blessing in disguise.

Admittedly, I was fuming at this. But now, only 20 mins or so after its finished, i couldnt actually give a toss! I mean yes, we had a side out GOOD enough to beat Burton, but it WASNT a first 11 side. No Drinkwater, Marshall, Vardy, Morgan. And when you look at the players that come in for this game they are players that many of us agree shouldnt be pulling on a City shirt again as they either aren't good enough, or past it.

When the dust settles, its probably a blessing in disguise.

It will be a blessing if it means that Gallagher and Waghorn are off the books by the deadline and that frees a couple of spaces to get a couple of players in on loan.

Atleast we played well.... :unsure:

Thank-god I decided not to go tonight.

Don't think i'll be going Saturday either...Wow my season ticket is looking a waste of money at this very moment, I missed loads of games last season because I couldn't be bothered towards the end of the season, I wasn't going to renew for this season but got talked round to 'give it one more season'...Oh dear.

I fear my time as a 'die-hard fan' is coming to an end, over the last year I have mentioned how i've struggled to get as excited as I used to I thought it might come back and I might get the buzz again over time but i'm not, i'm really stuggling, as I said I was talked into 'giving it one more year' but i'm still finding it a chore to go to games - A few wins and it might come back - I may just be fickle, although I don't fickleness goes on for this long, if I was fickle after one win i'd be getting excited again, i'll just have to see how it goes over this season, i've bought a season ticket I may aswell use it now and again...

Good supporter. Can I borrow it?

Archived