Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burton Post Match Debacle

So Pederson plucking it out of the air to slot home in to the bottom corner off the post is 'weak'?

Teams will score against us because there are good players in this division.

We shouldn't be conceding 4 goals against Burton but 'excuses', if you want to call them that are numerous. SSL and Whitbread chucked in, and then there's the nature of the goals. Penalty, deflection, etc etc. I'm not saying we should accept that, but we should at least consider it before deciding that we're doomed.

I'm not happy to have lost 4-2 at home to Burton but all things considered I remain optimistic.

Yes it is because we're weak. Konchesky's lack of concentration for Gomes goal, Morgan and Moore fannying about for Kermorgant's goal. There's no resistance for 90 minutes. Yes there are good players that will score against us but we're conceding more than we score and that's weakness. We dominated Charlton and Blackburn but missed countless chances and conceded 4 goals from half as many chances. It was the same story towards the back end of last year, we aren't ruthless enough.

No resolve, no team spirit, no mental strength. The ability is there, but it's playing as a team that gets you anywhere at this level.

I'm not too bothered by this result but I am quite surprised at all the up roar thats been caused by this result. I think if we don't get a good result on Saturday Pearson's job could really be in the shit

Really? If we'd have won 4-1 our 'fans' would be questioning how on an earth a professional player might score against Leicester.

F**k Pearson does not sound happy. I can see a few players not seeing much game time in the near future

Yeah, we've been here before though 'delusions of grandeur' - fk all happened after that.

Aint that though is it, we just conceded 4 goals to burton albion!!! good cup runs can be good, losing like this can be damaging.

I understand that but what can be more damaging is a bunch of knee jerk fans chanting "Pearson out" and the possibility of the owners taking note and then sacking Pearson (and in my opinion Pearson's job is in danger). If the past seasons have taught us anything this isn't the solution.

I'm not too bothered by this result but I am quite surprised at all the up roar thats been caused by this result. I think if we don't get a good result on Saturday Pearson's job could really be in the shit

Are you really surprised mate? This is foxes/SvenTalk after all

Some players had the chance to prove themselves today, some were injured looking to come back and some needed to fight for a place in the squad let alone the bench.

I refuse to believe Pearson is the sole reason as others seem to suggest. I think he set them up as best he thought could. At the end of the day, I think the players had more than enough reasons to be motivated to perform. Burton had the motivation and desire to come here and win and win they did.

I know some of the goals were dodgy but championship level players should still be able to outplay league 2 players. Again people will point to Pearson for not leading them, but they are grown men and professional footballers and should be able to kick themselves into gear.

I'm not too worried for Saturday as half the 1st team didn't play and on the base of their performances recently I think they can give Blackpool a good game, nonetheless I think the reserves can not be depended on.

For NP to stay in his job I predict he needs to beat Smackpool and Wolves can you see that happening not a chance :ph34r::sweating:

I fear you may be right but the last thing we need now is to get rid of another manager and then go through another season of transition. It is so fvcking frustrating supporting this football club. :(

Yes it is because we're weak. Konchesky's lack of concentration for Gomes goal, Morgan and Moore fannying about for Kermorgant's goal. There's no resistance for 90 minutes. Yes there are good players that will score against us but we're conceding more than we score and that's weakness. We dominated Charlton and Blackburn but missed countless chances and conceded 4 goals from half as many chances. It was the same story towards the back end of last year, we aren't ruthless enough.

No resolve, no team spirit, no mental strength. The ability is there, but it's playing as a team that gets you anywhere at this level.

The chances will start to go in and the mistakes will be all but ironed out given time.

If everyone chilled the fvck out and realised that consistency breeds consistency, we might start to see the benefits in time to build a promotion push.

The chances will start to go in and the mistakes will be all but ironed out given time.

If everyone chilled the fvck out and realised that consistency breeds consistency, we might start to see the benefits in time to build a promotion push.

I hope so pal, I like the look of this squad bar the odd one or two but it's a tad worrying!

Well I did not expect that scoreline. Burton must be extremely flattered, I'd be going ballistic if I was supporting them now. Only positives from the game was Futacs and Knockaert scoring their first goals for us.

But on a serious note, 3 defeats in a row for a team that aspires to get promotion is NOT good enough and once again we were victims of our own downfall as it was missed chances and shocking defending that cost us.

However, I am still behind Pearson and out of the team selections he has made, no doubt his next one will be his biggest come Saturday. But I will admit, if we lose to Blackpool, then I will start to worry about Pearson's future at the club. NOT THAT I WANT HIM SACKED

Archived