Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burton Post Match Debacle

Its the cup, we made 8 changes 7 who have had no game time all season... with 3 of our better strikers on the bench.

Wrong tatics maybe, dreadful result but if we can play how we did against Charlton and Blackburn and put away the chances then we're not far off and I wouldn't be too worried.

No point changing managers AGAIN and ****ikng up the whole season AGAIN. give the man a chance as they say rome wasn't build in a day, hes brought in some young quality players and is obviously building for the future.

I think a lot of people haven't realised that most of the team hadn't played a game tonight. Certainly far from match fit in my view, and a couple coming back from injuries.

4 shots on target, 4 goals.

I think the scoreline makes it sound a lot more terrible than it actually is.

It happens to a few teams each year and this year we're one of them. We played a lot of fringe players.

It's embarrassing and the starting 11 should be held responsible and hold their hands up to a performance not worthy of beating lower league opposition.

However, Knockaert and Futacs scored and we'll be right up for Blackpool. I'm betting on a Leicester win.

That doesn't wash with me. Charlton hardly had many efforts on goal, nor did Blackburn yet we lost both of those games too. We're too weak, it's easy pickings. We're like a golfer who can't putt to save his life, it then puts pressure on the rest of his game and that collapses too.

It's worrying.

That doesn't wash with me. Charlton hardly had many efforts on goal, nor did Blackburn yet we lost both of those games too. We're too weak, it's easy pickings. We're like a golfer who can't putt to save his life, it then puts pressure on the rest of his game and that collapses too.

It's worrying.

Spot on. This guy talks sense and dresses nattily too.

+1

It happens to a few teams each year and this year we're one of them. We played a lot of fringe players.

It's embarrassing and the starting 11 should be held responsible and hold their hands up to a performance not worthy of beating lower league opposition.

However, Knockaert and Futacs scored and we'll be right up for Blackpool. I'm betting on a Leicester win.

Charlton didn't actually have that many shots before netting two goals, not sure on the Blackburn shots to goals ratio????

It doesn't bode well though for Pearson as a former defender

Admittedly, I was fuming at this. But now, only 20 mins or so after its finished, i couldnt actually give a toss! I mean yes, we had a side out GOOD enough to beat Burton, but it WASNT a first 11 side. No Drinkwater, Marshall, Vardy, Morgan. And when you look at the players that come in for this game they are players that many of us agree shouldnt be pulling on a City shirt again as they either aren't good enough, or past it.

When the dust settles, its probably a blessing in disguise.

The players who came in for this game cost a lot of money.

3 of the back 5 are first choice. Many on here rate SSL and want him in the team. Schlupp is the future of the club according to many on here. James was a signing many on here were excited about and Danns is supposed to be good.

Who are the many? Possibly Gallagher and Waghorn but not the others.

Excuses, we are "championship" they are "league 2" should be beating them every day of the week and got a tanking tonight...feckin pathetiic....end of! :mad:

It's the referees fault.

It wasnt the first team.

Lots of other teams lost too.

It's not Pearsons team.

It's only the cup, it doesn't matter.

Xyz team lost their first nnn games and walked the league.

We played well, but our finishing let us down.

We played well, but our defence let us down.

The game should have been called off.

he just needs some time to get the team to gel.

We're only 2 wins off the playoffs.

All lines from the standard book of excuses for the past few seasons..

Have I missed any??

It's worrying.

So Pederson plucking it out of the air to slot home in to the bottom corner off the post is 'weak'?

Teams will score against us because there are good players in this division.

We shouldn't be conceding 4 goals against Burton but 'excuses', if you want to call them that are numerous. SSL and Whitbread chucked in, and then there's the nature of the goals. Penalty, deflection, etc etc. I'm not saying we should accept that, but we should at least consider it before deciding that we're doomed.

I'm not happy to have lost 4-2 at home to Burton but all things considered I remain optimistic.

It's the referees fault.

It wasnt the first team.

Lots of other teams lost too.

It's not Pearsons team.

It's only the cup, it doesn't matter.

Xyz team lost their first nnn games and walked the league.

We played well, but our finishing let us down.

We played well, but our defence let us down.

The game should have been called off.

he just needs some time to get the team to gel.

We're only 2 wins off the playoffs.

All lines from the standard book of excuses for the past few seasons..

Have I missed any??

You forgot the most important one of all, its Beckford's fault.

Hmmm. A comment got me thinking. How important was chris powell to the team? Things seem to have gone downhill since he left. Wandering how much of an influence he really was. As for tonight a shit result but sure pearson will give them a well deserved bollocking, hopefully sorting them out for the one of the hardest games of the season on saturday which I can't see us winning unfortunately

Archived