Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Babylon

Burton Post Match Debacle

Who do you think will suffer from

Tonight? I can see Danns, Gally and Waghorn being fooked out the door.

Agree with this. Problem is James sounded poor as did DeLaet and Konchesky and these three are likely to be in Saturday's squad. SSL didn't sound too good either. I think Schlupp will be out on loan soon as well.

Utter dirge. If Danns gets anywhere near the squad on Saturday, I'll be surprised - he looks like the predator but can't play anywhere near as well as him.

While I hate to do it - that ref was utter shit. Don't understand how Schlupp, after getting his legs swept, got nothing while they got a penalty presumably for St. Ledger having feet - I don't see any infringement in there at all.

Whitbread up until the second goal was playing well, after that, I've seen park players who were better. Father Ted will rate someone who plays in Scotland more than anyone would rate that performance.

It's all well and good saying "4 shots, 4 goals - it happens sometimes" but it's happened in 3 successive games for us and that just is not good enough, and cannot be put down to just bad luck.

I'm a Leicester fan, however I am a keen follower of Burton Albion. In my opinion, the team Pearson fielded should of beat the Burton side fielded by Gary Rowett. This is a side who conceded 3 to Rotherham, 2 to Sheff Utd, 2 to AFC Wimbledon, 1 to Fleetwood. There are no excuses for tonight; and I am very pleased for Burton and really hope it can kickstart their season

Just got back from the game.

Poor poor poor...Simply didn't turn up! No urgency or tempo to our game. Apart from a 15 minute spell after their 1st goal where we had a series of shots from range and a good save from Schlupp we never really created anything.

All Kasper has done is pick the ball out of his net. 1st goal deflection, 2nd goal was Whitbread error, 3rd goal penalty (havent seen a replay but it looked as though it hit their players hand) 4th goal was 30 yard screamer that changed direction about 3 times.

Only positives from the game was Knocky's free kick and Futacs Van Persie type goal. De Laet and Knocky are the only players that you could give over a 6/10.

Whitbread & St Ledger looked very comfortable until after the penalty where they (and the whole team) just completely fell apart.

No knee jerk reactions. Now is not the time. A disappointing result granted but there were 8 changes from Saturday. All these hysterical armchair 'supporters' on RL make me laugh. And another thing, we'll win Saturday.

I'm not too bothered by this result but I am quite surprised at all the up roar thats been caused by this result. I think if we don't get a good result on Saturday Pearson's job could really be in the shit

Really?

There is a level you aspire to no matter what sport you play.. We've paid more in transfers and salaries in a half a dozen years than Burton Albion have ever seen in their existance, we are big fry, they are not, we should beat them no matter what. If our 1st team can't beat them we have an issue, if our reserve players can't beat them we have a problem, if our U18 team can't give them a good match we have an issue. Our league and financial position means we should be able to put out 11 players who are better than any of the 11 players they can put out, it means our manager should be a better manager than theirs, it means there should be more of our fans screaming for us than they have have for them (not that it makes any difference), if we can't win with all those adavantages we have a serious problem and it should cause an uprorar.

Losing in the Carling Cup isn't an issue, losing to Burton Albion, however, is.

No knee jerk reactions. Now is not the time.

This is exactly the time for knee-jerk reactions. You can't have one in the future!

Archived