Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Col city fan

City v Wolves Scoreline Prediction

I think some peeps are basing this only on how poor Wolves have been so far.

Expectation at Wolves is probably higher than it is at City this season. I'm sure Solbaaken will feel that they need a good home win to get their season going. If he loses again, pressure may well be on his job I would imagine.

This will be a tough game for this reason more than any other IMO.

We should win if we are going to battle for the title but Leicester we know dont work like that.

I totally agree with the comment "We just dont win games like this".

Either Wolves 1-0 Leicester or I could see 1-1 with Nugent opening the scoring before we invite pressure and give an equaliser.

If we were to win a game like this, it would spring an exciting message that we are going to be a good bet for a top 2 battle IMO.

I think some peeps are basing this only on how poor Wolves have been so far.

Expectation at Wolves is probably higher than it is at City this season. I'm sure Solbaaken will feel that they need a good home win to get their season going. If he loses again, pressure may well be on his job I would imagine.

This will be a tough game for this reason more than any other IMO.

I'm sure Solbakken wanted wins against Leeds, Derby and Cardiff too, but it doesn't always work out like that Col! Judging by their form (4 games, 1 win), some rather strange team selections (Carl Ikeme? Really?) and what I've heard about their performances (generally shite and disjointed), I'd say they will be feeling the pressure more than us. If they don't come out of the blocks flying, the crowd at Molineux will soon get on their backs, if we can nick an early goal... Well, let's just say I'm quietly confident about this one.

Why is everyone so worried about this Wolves side? They're hardly setting the world alight at the minute - they beat Barnsley but they're already looking like the potential Championship whipping boys this season. Other than that, they drew with quite a poor Derby side and got hammered by Cardiff.

I really don't see how they're a massive threat. IMO, Blackpool was a far more daunting fixture and we did ok against them, didn't we? Let's not start shitting ourselves over some tinpot midlands club before the whistle's even been blown. Christ, I hope the players are more optimistic than some of you lot...

I don't see how Blackburn are any more of a threat but they beat us (they'll be found out sooner or later).

I just think to myself - yeh, we are definitely due an away win. We're also due a bad away performance, and it's so, so rare that the two ever go hand in hand.

Losing our opening 3 on the road would be horrendous and we can't take the two games after that for granted either, I'd be amazed if we got 6 points (what we HAVE to aim for) out of it, we never seem to do it when it's two home games close together.

I do agree with this post, Wolves are nothing special, but nothing special seems to beat us too often and whilst I have got a lot of time for this side of ours, I can just imagine us playing shit and losing too much for my liking.

I'd absolutely love us to prove me wrong though. The feeling of winning this game comfortably would fill me with incredible optimism.

Dont think either Wolves or Blackburn will be getting auto this year. Can see Wolves having troubles with their inexperienced manager and a strange fall from grace, and Blackburn have had all sorts of problems, to see them go straight back up looks incredibly unlikely

The only one likely to go back up for me is Bolton, not much was wrong there, and despite relegation they've kept a large and strong contingency of quality hard working players and a good manager.

Only said this because of above posts, Im not just on a mad one :P. . . . .

I think :unsure:

Oh yeah, for the Wolves game.

Tight draw, 1-1 or 0-0. Will be very happy with a win

I don't see how Blackburn are any more of a threat but they beat us (they'll be found out sooner or later).

I just think to myself - yeh, we are definitely due an away win. We're also due a bad away performance, and it's so, so rare that the two ever go hand in hand.

Losing our opening 3 on the road would be horrendous and we can't take the two games after that for granted either, I'd be amazed if we got 6 points (what we HAVE to aim for) out of it, we never seem to do it when it's two home games close together.

I do agree with this post, Wolves are nothing special, but nothing special seems to beat us too often and whilst I have got a lot of time for this side of ours, I can just imagine us playing shit and losing too much for my liking.

I'd absolutely love us to prove me wrong though. The feeling of winning this game comfortably would fill me with incredible optimism.

True, but if we play like we did in that game when we play Wolves and take our chances, we should win.

Hello guys. Returning Wolves fan in peace.

I'm looking forward to Sunday's game but have doubts about us at the minute. We were very lucky against Derby as they created more chances than us but couldn't put one away right until the end, then we were poor again against Cardiff. What will definitely improve us though is the return of Karl Henry alongside Doumbia (who is a beast of a player). He'll make us much more solid and stop us getting played through. It also looks like Margreitter (new Austrian CB) may start alongside Roger Johnson so all eyes will be on their new partnership if he does start instead of Berra.

Keep an eye out for Sako on the left wing who has looked a real threat since he came to the club. 2 goals in his last 3 games and he's got a hell of a left foot shot and will take players on willingly. Peszko at RM has also had a good start and looks quite clever player who likes to get in the box. Our midfield will be what wins us the game if we do. Our weak link is Zubar at RB. He's quite attacking but has the positional sense of an amoeba and is prone to the odd rick. If you get at him you'll have some success.

The pressure will definitely be on us to put in a good performance and I fancy us to start gelling now we are getting towards a settled best XI.

I've always like Andy King for you guys. Great player on his day. Nugent likes scoring at Molineux too so I wouldn't be surprised to see him net one either. Also I know Ikeme wasn't great for you but he's been playing really well for us so far this season in Hennesssey's absence, however it would just be typical for him to have a stupid mistake against one of his old teams!

I am optimistically going to go for a 1-0 win to us or a 1-1 draw.

This will be our likely team:

Ikeme

Zubar - Johnson - Margreitter - Ward

Peszko - Henry - Doumbia - Sako

- Doyle - Ebanks-Blake -

Anyway best of luck for Sunday, may the best/jammiest team win!

Hello guys. Returning Wolves fan in peace.

I'm looking forward to Sunday's game but have doubts about us at the minute. We were very lucky against Derby as they created more chances than us but couldn't put one away right until the end, then we were poor again against Cardiff. What will definitely improve us though is the return of Karl Henry alongside Doumbia (who is a beast of a player). He'll make us much more solid and stop us getting played through. It also looks like Margreitter (new Austrian CB may start alongside Roger Johnson so all eyes will be on their new partnership if he does start instead of Berra.

Keep an eye out for Sako on the left wing who has looked a real threat since he came to the club. 2 goals in his last 3 games and he's got a hell of a left foot shot and will take players on willingly. Peszko at RM has also had a good start and looks quite clever player who likes to get in the box. Our wingers could be what wins us the game. Our weak link is Zubar at RB. He's quite attacking but has the positional sense of an amoeba and is prone to the odd rick. If you get at him you'll have some success.

The pressure will definitely be on us to put in a good performance and I fancy us to start gelling now we are getting towards a settled best XI.

I've always like Andy King for you guys. Great player on his day. Nugent likes scoring at Molineux too so I wouldn't be surprised to see him net one either. Also I know Ikeme wasn't great for you but he's been playing really well for us so far this season in Hennesssey's absence, however it would just be typical for him to have a stupid mistake against one of his old teams!

I am optimistically going to go for a 1-0 win to us or a 1-1 draw.

This will be our likely team:

Ikeme

Zubar - Johnson - Margreitter - Ward

Peszko - Henry - Doumbia - Sako

- Doyle - Ebanks-Blake -

Anyway best of luck for Sunday, may the best/jammiest team win!

Cheers for that, should be a good game but it'll be really tight imo. Hope we turn u over ;)

Because they are good, it's typical that Leicester will win lol I think 1-0 Leicester or 3-0 Wolves :P

Thing is though pal, Wolves aren't particularly good at the moment. :/

You have had a look at the league table, haven't you?

Archived