Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

Matty James - what do people think?

Just wondering what do people think on MJ and could he be our 'defensive midfielder' that we all seem to crave?? For me personally, I've not really rated him, but think he made some sort of difference when he came on today in the Wolves match. I am also possibly basing my opinion of him on the fact that I don't really notice him in games, but what do others think??

I thought he did ok today, kept the passing ticking over 2nd half but he is not a dominant player so he's never going to look like he's doing anything too impressive.

We missed King second half, going forward, Drinkwater and James are too similar especially when chasing the game. James would be decent in a 3man midfield away form home.

I thought he did ok today, kept the passing ticking over 2nd half but he is not a dominant player so he's never going to look like he's doing anything too impressive.

We missed King second half, going forward, Drinkwater and James are too similar especially when chasing the game. James would be decent in a 3man midfield away from home.

This. We need an experienced, physical presence to complement the two youngsters and stop them being bullied by the likes of Henry and Doumbia on a regular basis.

I'm not convinced whether Danns will be the answer, but I've seen enough during the past couple of seasons to know that Wellens definitely won't be.

Maybe a swoop into the loan market will be needed?

Thought he played well when he came on Yesterday, whether he is the answer to the imaginary defensive midfielder crisis that some believe exists, I don't know, I've not seen him enough, but he looks like a tidy compact player, similar to Drinkwater, stuck a couple of good challenges in, and kept the play moving forward, but no real variation on what we already have in King and Drinky.

when the commentators said Leicester have made 2 subs already i was thinking for ages who the other sub was as could only think of dyer/knocky.. eventually it clicked that king had gone off and james was on... took that long as i couldnt really remember him doing anything.

Archived