Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kasper Schmeichel on Real Madrid's Radar

He could sit on their bench no problem.

Like ttfn says, Ross Turnbull was on the bench in the Champions League final a few months back. Premier League champions Man City just bought Richard Wright as back up, Kasper would be a better signing than him.

That said it won't happen so who's arsed.

Wright was only signed to complete the amount of English players City needed

Guest BlueBrett

I'd jump at the chance just to live in Madrid let alone play for them!

Seems a bit strange for these rumours to come out now though. He hasn't exactly been at his best so far this season.

Find it weird how two papers have printed it....

Hilarious rumour but if true then he's a goner, I'm sorry but there's simply no way he'd turn down Real Madrid to stay here, absolutely no way.

It'd be a sickener to lose him but if they gave us a nice fee and a bit of an agreement to have some of their youngsters on loan then I'd arguably accept it.

they are owned by the same publisher, no different to the Sun & Times running the same football transfer rumour

Someone's agent is looking for a new contract and has a sense of humour.

This is just like the Liam Moore to United rumors.

Hello new contract!

Was about to ask if Liam Moore and Kasper had the same agent....

typical Agent buisness trying to get the best deal for his client. Cant blame him.

He could sit on their bench no problem.

Like ttfn says, Ross Turnbull was on the bench in the Champions League final a few months back. Premier League champions Man City just bought Richard Wright as back up, Kasper would be a better signing than him.

That said it won't happen so who's arsed.

I was going to mention Richard Wright, who should be held up as an example to Schmeichel as the classic case of a goalkeeper whose head was turned by a big club. Wright was 24, developing very nicely at Ipswich, playing a lot of football, and Arsenal came in for him "as a long-term replacement for David Seaman", and his career went pear-shaped after that. OK, he's had a lot of injuries, but maybe if he had been a bit more experienced, and had taken a few more knocks, he's have been able to either avoid the injuries or shake them off more easily.

I doubt we'll keep Kasper for more than a couple of years - unless we get into the Premier League and start to do really well there - but he still needs time to develop, and we're going to be the best place for him to do that.

Find it weird how two papers have printed it....

Hilarious rumour but if true then he's a goner, I'm sorry but there's simply no way he'd turn down Real Madrid to stay here, absolutely no way.

It'd be a sickener to lose him but if they gave us a nice fee and a bit of an agreement to have some of their youngsters on loan then I'd arguably accept it.

I think you were correct to talk about "two papers" rather than "two newspapers". The Daily Express and the Daily Star? Bog-papers.

I do rate Kasper, think he’s one of the better keepers in the league, I don’t think him leaving would be the end of the world though. I mean what has he actually had to do this season? not alot, and his distribution has got worse. He's a good shot stopper, but if we can cash in from a club like Real Madrid for him I don’t think it'd be slitting your wrists time or anything, we'd easily be able to get someone adequate enough in with the money we'd make off him

I do rate Kasper, think he’s one of the better keepers in the league, I don’t think him leaving would be the end of the world though. I mean what has he actually had to do this season? not alot, and his distribution has got worse. He's a good shot stopper, but if we can cash in from a club like Real Madrid for him I don’t think it'd be slitting your wrists time or anything, we'd easily be able to get someone adequate enough in with the money we'd make off him

Have to agree.

Very little to make any judgement this season.Personally id like to see him 'calm down'a bit,rushed a load of clearances long against bristol which gave them the ball back.Fortunately they were poor.Confident in himself though and if the goals conceded column stays empty he will get the credit

Archived