Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kasper Schmeichel on Real Madrid's Radar

Kasper is half way through a 3 year contract, Christmas would see contract extension negotiations begin.

Just like Liam Moore was never going to join Man Utd, Kasper is never going to join Madrid, he is going to want a new contract.

Casillas at just 31 can be expected to have at least another 5 seasons in him. Madrid already have 2 x 25 year old keepers in reserve, if they sign anyone it will be a free transfer and a 30+ keeper with international experience who is happy to sit on the bench (like the did with Dudek).

A move was always an inevitability, however, this was an unexpected twist, and certainly not this soon.

The amount of money that he would get for sitting on the bench for a couple of years will be astronomical. I would think that between him, his father, and his agent there'll be serious questions asked, though I've no doubt that we were always going to be a stepping stone, the speed of his next step will be dependant on how much more he feels he can achieve and grow here with us.

I would be surprised if he went in January. I would have thought that he'd want to see through this season, and with luck see us promoted with his part to play in this. What happens after this is another question. We're going to have to fight tooth and nail to keep hold of the young players who will have had played well this season, promotion or not.

I do hope the instilling of loyalty and part of a team work ethic that we can keep hold of our prospects and bright sparks. This is will be the crucial aspect of our future successes. The Thai's have invested, and it would be something that would disappoint a lot of fans that we can't keep hold of them, and this is outside of the Schmeichel dilemma.

He isn't good enough for Real Madrid, I suppose that's why it reads 'back up'. The only advantage he has is his surname. I don't really rate him as much as other fans seem to though.

To be fair though mate Zeljko Kalac went on to win Champions League and World Club Cup with AC Milan after us as a back up

A move was always an inevitability, however, this was an unexpected twist, and certainly not this soon.

The amount of money that he would get for sitting on the bench for a couple of years will be astronomical. I would think that between him, his father, and his agent there'll be serious questions asked, though I've no doubt that we were always going to be a stepping stone, the speed of his next step will be dependant on how much more he feels he can achieve and grow here with us.

I would be surprised if he went in January. I would have thought that he'd want to see through this season, and with luck see us promoted with his part to play in this. What happens after this is another question. We're going to have to fight tooth and nail to keep hold of the young players who will have had played well this season, promotion or not.

I do hope the instilling of loyalty and part of a team work ethic that we can keep hold of our prospects and bright sparks. This is will be the crucial aspect of our future successes. The Thai's have invested, and it would be something that would disappoint a lot of fans that we can't keep hold of them, and this is outside of the Schmeichel dilemma.

Great post this.. I couldn't agree more.

http://www.dailystar...d-deal-is-Real/

LEICESTER CITY keeper Kasper Schmeichel is a target for Spanish giants

Boss Jose Mourinho has instructed his goalkeepingcoachicon1.png Silvino Louro to recruit a back-up for No.1 Iker Casillas.

And they see Schmeichel, 25, as a long-term successor to Casillas, 31.

Denmark Under-21s international Schmeichel was voted Leicester’s player of the season last campaign.

The former Manchester Cityicon1.png, Notts County and Leeds keeper is the son of Manchester United legend Peter and is making a name for himself in his own right.

Real are also looking at Real Zaragoza’s Roberto, 26, and Osasuna’s Andres Fernandez, 25.

But any possible move could see Casillas moving on – and he would interest Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City.

I doubt that!

He may go at some juncture but not to Real Madrid.

He needs to demonstrate far better judgement in his positioning and distribution but he is a solid reactionary keeper.

I'd like to see him stay for the remainder of the season at least but he's not got the experience yet to be anything more than a rising number two keeper in a bottom half prem team.

If you stick him between the nets at that level now he'll go the same way as Alumina et al.

He could sit on their bench no problem.

Like ttfn says, Ross Turnbull was on the bench in the Champions League final a few months back. Premier League champions Man City just bought Richard Wright as back up, Kasper would be a better signing than him.

That said it won't happen so who's arsed.

Find it weird how two papers have printed it....

Hilarious rumour but if true then he's a goner, I'm sorry but there's simply no way he'd turn down Real Madrid to stay here, absolutely no way.

It'd be a sickener to lose him but if they gave us a nice fee and a bit of an agreement to have some of their youngsters on loan then I'd arguably accept it.

Archived