Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Kasper Schmeichel on Real Madrid's Radar

I like Kasper but he isnt good enough for RM, he may scrape into a prem outfit though. His distribution is awful and he has beeen beaten at least twice this season from long range shots. He's more than good enough for us and will be central to our promostion push.

I do rate Kasper, think he’s one of the better keepers in the league, I don’t think him leaving would be the end of the world though. I mean what has he actually had to do this season? not alot, and his distribution has got worse. He's a good shot stopper, but if we can cash in from a club like Real Madrid for him I don’t think it'd be slitting your wrists time or anything, we'd easily be able to get someone adequate enough in with the money we'd make off him

Hate to say it but I couldn't agree more. I do rate him but he's ridiculously over-rated by some of our fans.

Hate to say it but I couldn't agree more. I do rate him but he's ridiculously over-rated by some of our fans.

Maybe now his performance levels have seen a bit of a decline. He was unbelievable under Sven, fantastic saves in every single game.

Kasper is a good keeper. I think hes rated highly by our fans because of the shyte thats been between the sticks in a City shirt over the past 5 years. Weale, Ricardo etc.

But dont get me wrong, if Kasper goes and we make some decent wedge on him, we could get in an equally as good keeper if not better. There are a few bench warmers in the Prem we could prize away with a decent transfer fee. Kieron Westwood, Sorensen, Stockdale to name a few. It wouldnt be a disaster by no means

Who would we be able to bring in that would be better or at least on par with him? Genuine question because I'm not big on keeper knowledge.

To be fair though mate Zeljko Kalac went on to win Champions League and World Club Cup with AC Milan after us as a back up

And to this day, i still cant get my head round that one !! Two lasting memories of Kalac - BOLTON - being told by MoN to get back in the nets, as Kalac lay down on the pitch, pleading to come off after the 3rd goal went in & WEMBLEY - Everybodies disbelief as Kalac prepared to come on for penalties against Palace (thankyou again Mr.Claridge)

Didn't Sven say at Manchester City he rated Joe Hart and Kasper the same? The only reason he picked Hart over Kasper was because he was slightly taller

I don't think that was at Manchester City he said that a few months ago but yeah he did say it ;)

Maybe now his performance levels have seen a bit of a decline. He was unbelievable under Sven, fantastic saves in every single game.

Think it has to do with the fact that he's not having to make these saves every game now because our defence seems to be a lot better. Not really a bad thing by any means but he's simply not had as much to do this season so far. We could have probably put Conrad between the posts since the start of the season and we'd still be in the same position.

Who would we be able to bring in that would be better or at least on par with him? Genuine question because I'm not big on keeper knowledge.

No-one really, especially for a low price. I've heard Joe Murphy mentioned by some yet Coventry fans aren't convinced by him.

Kasper isn't overrated.. He's just gone off form slightly since last season, he pulled off some amazing saves and was prietty consistent, now he is still decent but not full on form! He didn't get player of the year for nothing, seems like some

People have forgotten last seasons displays

Kasper isn't overrated.. He's just gone off form slightly since last season, he pulled off some amazing saves and was prietty consistent, now he is still decent but not full on form! He didn't get player of the year for nothing, seems like some

People have forgotten last seasons displays

Absolute bollocks. He's been the same old Kasper. I wouldn't say any of the conceded goals were his fault in particular - maybe he should have done better on one or two but certainly not to blame.

Absolute bollocks. He's been the same old Kasper. I wouldn't say any of the conceded goals were his fault in particular - maybe he should have done better on one or two but certainly not to blame.

Couldn't agree more. The bloke seems fully focused every match and, from the time he came here to the present day, has shown exactly the attitude necessary to have any chance of achieving things. Thankfully he's not the only one we seem to have now with a winner's mentality and such qualities are worth a point or two. Kasper's made the odd mistake but no more than last season and, generally, I think he's been a giant for us in every way.

He's still young and he's still learning but that's the way it is with goalkeeper's in particular. They don't reach their peak until they've leaned about the people they're facing and the different ways needed to deal with them or things they need to be alert for. But, for me Kasper's part of the reason we seem to be moving forward.

I see nothing particularly wrong with our goals against column and even less of it as being down to Kasper.

Couldn't agree more. The bloke seems fully focused every match and, from the time he came here to the present day, has shown exactly the attitude necessary to have any chance of achieving things. Thankfully he's not the only one we seem to have now with a winner's mentality and such qualities are worth a point or two. Kasper's made the odd mistake but no more than last season and, generally, I think he's been a giant for us in every way.

He's still young and he's still learning but that's the way it is with goalkeeper's in particular. They don't reach their peak until they've leaned about the people they're facing and the different ways needed to deal with them or things they need to be alert for. But, for me Kasper's part of the reason we seem to be moving forward.

I see nothing particularly wrong with our goals against column and even less of it as being down to Kasper.

Not really the point is it, no one is saying he has been poor for us, maybe could of done a bit better with a few goals but generally solid at worst.

Good enough for Real Madrid? not By a long way. If he was to go there (which I can't believe I'm even speculating about) he'd be no.2 or even 3 for the entireity of his time there. Iker is going to be in goal for them until he is touching 40 maybe longer.

And unfortuantly I can't see us getting a massive fee either, 4 or 5 million max which we'd have to use shrewdly to get a replacement.

I like Kasper but he isnt good enough for RM, he may scrape into a prem outfit though. His distribution is awful and he has beeen beaten at least twice this season from long range shots. He's more than good enough for us and will be central to our promostion push.

Kasper's distribution (aside from shot stopping) is his best trait IMO.

He can kick to anybody and can also throw the ball to someones feet halfway down the pitch.

Kasper's distribution (aside from shot stopping) is his best trait IMO.

He can kick to anybody and can also throw the ball to someones feet halfway down the pitch.

Hmmmm. I'd have to disagree.

I've always maintained Kasper is a great keeper and I'm pleased to have him at the club.

However, regarding his distribution this continues to be hit and miss. Sometimes deadly accurate, sometimes ridiculously kicking the ball straight into touch, thus giving the opposition the ball straight back again.

I think this aspect of his game needs working on.

However, one of the best keepers we've had at City in a long time.

I would be happy to see him go to Madrid. Guys, it's fvcking Real Madrid, and we're Leicester City! We're not THAT good lol

And I'd rather see him go to one of best clubs in the world than someone like Newcastle, for example if we don't make promotion soon and he get's impatient (which would be fair enough)

If they want him and offer enough money, let's wish him luck and seek out a replacement as soon as. Kieran Westwood was a good one mentioned earlier.

I do rate Kasper and agree he's the best keeper we've had in the last couple of seasons, and also just about the best player bought for £1million in a long time, but he isn't irreplaceable. I don't have much faith in these rumours being true, but if they are then it isn't bad news!

Hmmmm. I'd have to disagree.

I've always maintained Kasper is a great keeper and I'm pleased to have him at the club.

However, regarding his distribution this continues to be hit and miss. Sometimes deadly accurate, sometimes ridiculously kicking the ball straight into touch, thus giving the opposition the ball straight back again.

I think this aspect of his game needs working on.

However, one of the best keepers we've had at City in a long time.

You watch most keepers and their distribution can be hit and miss, Joe Hart especially. Kasper at least tries to pick people out rather than aimlessly hoof it unless it is necessary.

Archived