Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
DANGEROUS TIGER

Scottish Football

Watched this for bit, don't know why but just couldn't hold my interest and I watch all levels of football even Sunday park games where i don't even know who's playing.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/05/2018 at 21:49, Wymeswold fox said:

Just watched Scotland's defeat against Peru.

Despite fielding mainly youngsters, wasn't impressed with how McLeish set them up to play, were quite bland to watch.

Peru are one of Scotlands 155 bogey teams tbf.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Great signing for Hibs, that

Yep, no clue why Grasshopper let him go in the first place. Seen some of his highlights during his loan spell at Hibs, and he is absolute quality. I'd say he'll thrive in the Scottish Premier League and will go on to great things very soon.

Great piece of business - Go Hibs! :appl:

4 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

Yep, no clue why Grasshopper let him go in the first place. Seen some of his highlights during his loan spell at Hibs, and he is absolute quality. I'd say he'll thrive in the Scottish Premier League and will go on to great things very soon.

Great piece of business - Go Hibs! :appl:

He's great, be nice if they could get Jamie McClaren and Scott Allan in on permos as well. 

It'll be a challenge for them now McGeouch has gone and McGinn will be off in all. I love Hibs.

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/07/2018 at 11:34, Webbo said:

41,000 for a friendly against Bury? That's exceptional. Probably be the biggest crowd Bury will ever play in front of as well.

tbf it's probably the best quality side Rangers fans will see all season.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

It was the scoreline that the late, great Eric Morecambe always used to joke about but had never come true - until now.

East Fife 4 Forfar 5 was the much-loved comedian's idea of the ultimate tongue-twister for anyone trying to read out the football results.

On Sunday, that result finally happened for the first time in the fixture's history - sort of.

The Scottish League Cup Group B tie between the sides went to penalties after a 1-1 draw. And the score in the shootout? East Fife 4 Forfar 5.

Had he lived to see that, it would surely have raised a smile from Morecambe, who came up with the score as a jokey greeting whenever he met his friend James Alexander Gordon, the popular announcer who read the classified results on the BBC for 40 years.

"Eric never called me James," Gordon, who died in 2014, once recalled. "Whenever I saw him over a 20-year period, he would say 'East Fife 4 Forfar 5'. I've got a tape of that."

Before Sunday, there had been two occasions when the scoreline almost occurred. In January 1964, it happened with the wrong team at home - finishing Forfar 5 East Fife 4. And in October 2011, a meeting between the sides ended East Fife 4 Forfar 3.

Anton Dowds claimed the opener on Sunday for East Fife, who had Chris Kane sent off before John Baird equalised.

Group games go to penalties under the League Cup format. With the shootout score at 4-4, Forfar keeper Marc McCallum saved Daryl Meggatt's kick before Thomas Reilly converted to seal a bonus point for the visitors - and make a little piece of sporting history.

• 3 weeks later...
On 07/08/2018 at 13:49, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Looks like John McGinn is off to Villa. Amazed no club has stumped up what Hibs are asking, not even that much considering he's going into the final year of his contract. Celtic being tight.

Will be one of the better players in the Championship, absolutely no doubt. He's class.

Saints going to be laughing, just read they get a third of the cash. They'll get more this time than when they sold him originally. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Saints going to be laughing, just read they get a third of the cash. They'll get more this time than when they sold him originally. lol

I'd rather he went to Villa over Celtic as the lesser of two evils, but I'm amazed the latter didn't just offer cash + Scott Allan, Hibs would've jumped at that, surely?

Mallan looks tidy but he's no SJM :( 

• Like 1