Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

Trick or Treat - Harmless Fun or Begging with Menaces?

Hallowe'en  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Is trick or treating harmless?

• Shut up you miserable sod, it's just a bit of fun!
    • Finally someone who agrees! Trick or treaters can go f**k off.

No problem with Halloween, always used to love apple bobbing and all that stuff. The history of it's actually quite interesting.

Trick or treating can **** off though. Was always taught it was glorified begging and kids will get nothing off me.

There was me thinking the Aussies were going all American...sounds just as bad in the UK.

I don't mind trick or treat on small scale but no joke, there must have been a hundred kids in my street last night closely followed by their fretting parents.

Love Halloween though. I used to go to a pub in London that they'd fill with dry ice, pumpkins, lanterns and put dry leaves all over the floor. Very atmospheric.

It's funny how you can track the class of the area by it's trick or treaters.

Driving out of Leicester at around 6:15, there were lots of youths in tracksuits roaming... then as I got further into the county the kids got younger and had costumes on lol

I'm fortunate enough to live in one of a group of houses behind an electric security gate. Close the gate, disconnect the intercom. Job done. :cool: Nice relaxing, uninterrupted evening. :D

Not had many to mine this evening .

At work today they did remind me of the time I upset a few a couple of years back.Some trackywearing youth came to the door,with one if I remember dressed up(not got a problem with that) well one of the others grabbed a fooking great handful of sweets out of te bucket I was holding,I pulled the bucket away glared at him and said"not that many you ****" and shook the bucket until he put them back.

If you make an effort I'm more than happy to give.

I've been in the pub and then at the curry house.... what did I miss?

Webbo tried to lure me into the mods' room with the promise of sweets. >_<

Never been a big fan of Halloween, I never went trick or treating personally I think it's dangerous for kids, If they we're my kids I wouldn't let them go. When I was younger my halloween involved sweets bought from the spar, hot dogs & toffee apples then watch Most Haunted Live till late.

Overall I prefer bonfire night, much more exciting.

Archived