Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
chili_con_carne

Lingard

He showed good vision with his passing. He's obviously not the finished product yet.

Exactly. Really do not understand the slating of him. I'd be more concerned with Marshall, Daft blonde twat at the back and Knockaert.

He made some great runs, played a few nice touches to set up chances.

But I'm not being funny we are going for promotion this season. We don't have time to let kids make mistakes and gain experience this season.

Did he make any mistakes? Can only remember one missed pass and he set up two chances with slick passing and good vision.

Exactly. Really do not understand the slating of him. I'd be more concerned with Marshall, Daft blonde twat at the back and Knockaert.

He made some great runs, played a few nice touches to set up chances.

I'm sure someone posted a quote from SAF where he basically said he's a slow burner. It's perplexing that people are knocking him already from a couple of substitute appearances when he's been on the books at one of the biggest clubs in the world for a few years. He isn't going to be polished and ready to slot in at the drop of a hat but then again not many 19 year old loanees would be, but he definitely has something to offer.

Forgot he was on the pitch until about 2 minutes from the end. Looked like a little boy lost out there today.

Pearson knows what he's doing - I'm sure this guy is capable of adding something. But today's performance was just pathetic.

Knockaert may not have had a great game, but at least he's constantly demanding the ball - Lingard didn't look like he wanted it at all. I'd be amazed to learn he touched it more than 7 or 8 times in the 35 minutes he was on the pitch.

You know, it is possible to say a new player was poor on the day without writing them off completely...

You 'fans' are pathetic! The kid is 19! Just because he is small and supposedly lightweight for the championship is pathetic! Young Will Hughes at derby is showing everyone that vision, composure and balance can conquer strength! Nige has got most signings spot on so I'm fully confident the lad can produce given some time! Now please close thread! Ridiculous after 2 cameo sub appearances!

Sweet bejesus, surely we want to welcome players not start to pick on them after 2 sub appearances. No one will want to come here at this rate :P Seems like picking on a new scapegoat is becoming a daily thing. I think for the few minutes he was on, he had some good tidy passes and made a better impression than marshall did. Just let him gel first.

Knockaert and Marshall are the pathetic ones if I had to choose.

The only creativity comes from Knockaert - not everything he tries will come off, but I can't think of another player in this league who would have had the vision, skill and touch to set that chance up for Nugent.

Marshall has lost his way, he's not pathetic, why do so many 'fans' always slate our players. It was a good performance today, we were comfortable at 2 - 1 and a poor refereeing decision (twice), plus the loss of Nuge had a big impact on the game. Lingard has been at the club 4 days, he's been thrown on in a difficult situation and found himself a liitle out of his depth. However, I did see glipses of great vision and I suspect he'll begin to thrive with more understanding of the players around him.

You're second only to kingfox when it comes to judging players ridiculously early.

Well Mark my friend listen up mate.

I thought Lingard did well, impressed with his touches and passing.

So all in all I like him so far.

You're second only to kingfox when it comes to judging players ridiculously early.

Nobody is "judging" anybody. I didn't think he was very good today. In fact, I thought he was very poor. Nobody has written off the guy.

Well Mark my friend listen up mate.

I thought Lingard did well, impressed with his touches and passing.

So all in all I like him so far.

In that case you're judging him ridiculously early. :whistle:

Archived