Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bert

Ipswich Player Ratings.

Kasper 6 - very little to do.

RDL 7 - decent going forward.

Schlupp 7 - has a good understanding with Lloyd. Looks a natural there.

Morgan 7 - standard performance, won't have many easier days.

Whitbread 7 - animal in the air, and tidy on the floor.

Dyer 9 - his best ever game for us.

Knockaert 7 - gives us more time to get people forward, scored with a lovely finish.

King 8 - ran the midfield, defended well and supported well. His run from a throw in created the opening for the 2nd.

Drinkwater 7 - sloppy at times but didn't best himself up and got stuck in.

Nuge 8 - 2 goals and win many flick ons, always gave them a hard time. Not bad for 30 mins.

Waggy 8 - glad he got his goal his last few performances deserved, unlucky with a header and ran himself into the ground.

Vardy 7 - phenomenal work rate

Marshall 5 - nothing of note

Futacs 6 - lovely finish

Kasper 6 - very little to do.

RDL 7 - decent going forward.

Schlupp 7 - has a good understanding with Lloyd. Looks a natural there.

Morgan 7 - standard performance, won't have many easier days.

Whitbread 7 - animal in the air, and tidy on the floor.

Dyer 9 - his best ever game for us.

Knockaert 7 - gives us more time to get people forward, scored with a lovely finish.

King 8 - ran the midfield, defended well and supported well. His run from a throw in created the opening for the 2nd.

Drinkwater 7 - sloppy at times but didn't best himself up and got stuck in.

Nuge 8 - 2 goals and win many flick ons, always gave them a hard time. Not bad for 30 mins.

Waggy 8 - glad he got his goal his last few performances deserved, unlucky with a header and ran himself into the ground.

Vardy 7 - phenomenal work rate

Marshall 5 - nothing of note

Futacs 6 - lovely finish

Would agree with all of that. Delighted for Waggy. And ZW. Thought he handled a hulk of a forward superbly and they could never get a foothold as he won so many challenges. Both had points to prove and did so emphatically for me. Lloydy was just different class today.

Schmeichel 6 - Might as well of sat on his arse for most of that game

De Laet 7 - Solid display, attacked really well again, defending ok

Morgan 8 - Absolute rock as usual, superb leader

Whitbread 8 - His best performance for Leicester by a mile

Schlupp 8 - The kid is incredible, him and Dyer work so well, better than Carlos and A.Cole put together

Knockaert 7 - Got a goal, decent here and there, but also sloppy

Drinkwater 7 - Much better today, but some passes were still pretty awful

King 7 - Did everything well, but was probably our quietest player

Dyer 9 - Flaming fantastic, MOTM

Waghorn 9 - About flaming time, so happy for him

Nugent 8 - Two goals, shame he had to go off

Subs

Vardy 6 - To me, he didn't do anything and was pretty pathetic :shutup:

Marshall 6 - Nothing much unfortunately

Futacs 7 - And people said he was crap, the guy is incredible

Kasper 7 - Don't think he did much apart from a few punches but still solid

RDL 8 - Again solid performance and a fantastic run in 1st half!

Schlupp 8 - Also like RDL had a solid performance, did well getting forward and defending

Morgan 8 - Another consistent and solid performance.

Whitbread 7 - Did well won a lot in the air when asked upon

Dyer 9.5 - 'his best ever game for us' 100 % agreed with that, didn't put a foot wrong!

Knockaert 7 - Was ok but nothing special today, then again he did get a goal

King 8 - Dictated, excellent performance, didn't go missing in the game

Drinkwater 8 - Partnership with King is getting stronger and stronger, played well.

Nuge 8 - Finished his 1st chance, lucky on 2nd but played very well. Would've easily got a hat trick if he stayed on!

Waggy 9 - 110% from waggy today, excellent, hopefully the goal will get him going!

Vardy 7 - Didn't do much, should've finished but did run quite a bit

Marshall 5 -Average but didn't really do much

Futacs 7 - one chance one goal

Team Performance 10! Every worked well and hard for the team! :scarf:

Would agree with all of that. Delighted for Waggy. And ZW. Thought he handled a hulk of a forward superbly and they could never get a foothold as he won so many challenges. Both had points to prove and did so emphatically for me. Lloydy was just different class today.

I think ZW is the man to play against big strikers. His aeriel ability is quality as shown today. Against the more skilful opponents I'd like to see SSL play

Schmeichel 7 - Not a lot to do

De Laet 8 - Class

Morgan 8 - Solid as usual

Whitbread 8 - Improved performance, looked composed

Schlupp 8 - Worked hard coming forward and defended well

Knockaert 7 - Gave away the ball a bit too much

Drinkwater 7 - Slack by his standards, some sloppy passes. Overall, good

King 9 - Coming alive again this season, working all over the pitch, all the time, kept possession, some killer passes

Dyer 10 - Purely on the basis that four of the goals were a direct resulting of him outpacing that fat rightback. If you create four goals, you're going to get a 10 in my books

Nugent 8 - Only got half an hour but scored too goals, was dangerous going forward and was winning headers more readily than usual

Waghorn 8 - Worked hard, some silky skills, we were all glad he got his goal, unlucky not to have another

Vardy 7 - Worked hard and troubled the defenders but wasn't devastatingly effective going forward

Marshall 8 - Did well when he came on

Futacs 7 - Showed he has a striker's instinct with a nicely taken goal. I would have liked to have seen him win more headers than he did

:pearson::scarf:

Schmeichel 6 - Nothing to do, must have been so bored.

De Laet 7.5 - Some great runs going forward again and strong in defence, again, little to do.

Morgan 9 - Absolute rock, stopped every half threat Ipswich had. At times, him and Whitbread just stopped everything Ipswich had on the half way line and controlled the game from there.

Whitbread 9 - See Morgan.

Schlupp 9 - Better than Konch, I'll say it now. This lad reminds me of Wayne Bridge when he was at his peak, devastating when on the attack but also capable in defence. He let Dyer express himself too.

Knockaert 8.5 - Excellent display again, kept things ticking.

Drinkwater & King 8 - Do these as a combo, just kept things simple, kept the ball so well and dictated the play which allowed our dangermen to do what they had to.

Dyer 10 - Best I've ever seen him play. Not sure many right backs would have stopped him today.

Waghorn 9.5 - Exactly what we have been missing. Col City Fan won't agree but he is our missing striker. He holds the ball up so well and brings players into play and a very well deserved goal. The more he plays the more confidence he will gain.

Nugent 7 - Two goals, didn't do too much else.

Vardy 6.5 - Rarely noticed him

Marshall 6 - Did little

Futacs 6 - Also did little apart from one good finish.

Every single player contributed hard work and quality to create that result.

Special mention for:

- Whitbread: Has taken some unfair criticism on here; was commanding today

- Schlupp: Looking capable of playing LB regularly (Konchesky won't get his place back if this continues); very occasionally beaten or out of position but not often, and offers so much on the attacking side

- Waghorn: Thought he stepped up the quality against Forest, just missing the finishing, but certainly found that today (hit the post with a great header as well scoring a lovely goal)...if he plays like that regularly, we might not need a new striker

Extra special mention for:

- Lloyd Dyer (MoM): I'm a bit of an old romantic on the sly, so to see a player of long standing, who's had his ups and downs but has always put the effort in, produce a performance like that brings a tear to the eye. 1 goal, 1 penalty, 2 assists & I'm surprised their right back wasn't carried off with a nervous breakdown!

Yes, Ipswich looked weak and demoralised after they went 2-0 or 3-0 down, but they were competing OK before that - and we earned that big win, by keeping up the pressure, the effort, the quality and the consistency throughout 90 mins (pretty much). If team commitment and performance continues on that sort of level regularly, the future looks bright...

Goddam pleasure to watch, that!

Kasper 6

RDL 7

Schlupp 7

Morgan 7

Whitbread 8

Dyer 10

Knockaert 7

King 9

Drinkwater 8

Nuge 8

Waggy 9

Vardy 8

Marshall 6

Futacs 7

Drinkwater and King ran the show, they were both excellent in their individual roles. Whitbread was great he won everything in the air and his distribution was good (to think some fools on here were comparing him to Mills :huh: )

Vardy showed what he can offer too with his work rate/defending from the front. And Dyer holy fuk man what a performance, when he is confident and in form he is great, like Bert said this was easily his best ever performance for us, his touch and decision making was much better and he still had his pace etc so it was pretty much a perfect wingers performance.

Kasper 7

De Laet 7.5

Morgan 7.5

Whitbread 7.5 - very good.

Schlupp 7.5

Knocky 8 - nice finish, just so composed on the ball and gives us something nobody else can.

King 8

Drinkwater 7

Dyer 10 - 3 assists and a goal. Just so good. So quick. I love him.

Nuge 8 - 2 goals in 30 minutes for someone who I don't think was fully fit.

Waghorn 8.5 - very happy he got that goal. When he hit the post with that header you wondered if it'd ever come. Good to see the crowd get behind him and him laugh it off and go on to score.

Vardy 7

Marshall 6

Futacs 7

Been looking forward to doing this.

Schmeichel - 6. Simply not tested.

De Laet - 7. Untested defensively for the majority and a threat going forward as always.

Morgan - 8. The man is an absolute warrior.

Whitbread - 7. Couple of poor passes but much better from him today.

Schlupp - 7. Quiet but made a great tackle.

Knockaert - 7. Bar his goal I thought he was actually pretty quiet.

King - 9. Everywhere, assist for the 5th goal pure quality.

Drinkwater - 9. Ran the show. Back to his old form.

Dyer - 10. First time I think I've ever handed out a 10 but that was simply the best performance he's had here and I'd imagine of his lifetime. Won the penalty, set up two goals, scored one (fantastic finish), put in a sublime ball for Waghorn's header that hit the post too. Absolutely fantastic display and I'm delighted for him.

Nugent - 8. On for what, 25 mins? Two goals. The game was already won.

Waghorn - 8. Another very impressive display from him, felt for him when he hit the post but that 5th goal, sublime finish and up there with the best moment of the season so far. I'll openly admit I had 100% written him off but this recent form... he looks a different player.

Subs;

Vardy - 7. No goal but his energy was spooky for a player who's been out injured.

Futacs - 7. Got a goal after being on what, 10 mins? Lovely.

Marshall - 7. I've criticised him of late but even he looked better.

Kasper 6 - Nothing to do

Schlupp 7 - I'd have him ahead of Konch at the moment

Morgan 7 - His usual solid self

Whitbread 7 - Still the weak link in our back 5 imo but much, much improved. Dominant in the air.

De Laet 7 - Nice runs forward, solid in defence

Dyer 10 - Just superb. Terrorised them.

Drinkwater 7 - A sloppy period after half time but did the dog work

King 7 - Nige knows how to get the best out of him and he is a real asset to us

Knockaert 8 - Less wasteful, said he'd score on Twitter and he did

Waghorn 9 - so so pleased for him, got the goal his performances have deserved. He IS good enough.

Nugent 8 - Finished 'em off in 30 mins.

Vardy 6 - Tireless work, gives absolutely everything.

Marshall 5 - Didn't really do a lot.

Futacs 6 - Thought he was poor tbh, his goal gets him a 6. For someone so tall though he is poor in the air.

I'm glad some have recognised King's performance. He was outstanding. Sometimes he looks like he's just doing very simple things but that is because his movement is so clever to create space for himself and others. He links up the play so well between defence, midfield and the forwards. Dyer (rightly so) will get the headlines on performances like that but it needs others to do the fetching and carrying.

Dyer's best game ever.

One of King's best games ever. ( Against Forest he was easily our worst player - must have had a bollocking - he was the one Nigel was referring to as not tracking back, for Forest's first ). Great against Ipswich.

One of De Laet's best games.

One of Whitbread's best games.

Probably Waggy's best game ever.

Let's just keep it all going.

Dyer's best game ever.

One of King's best games ever. ( Against Forest he was easily our worst player - must have had a bollocking - he was the one Nigel was referring to as not tracking back, for Forest's first ). Great against Ipswich.

One of De Laet's best games.

One of Whitbread's best games.

Probably Waggy's best game ever.

Let's just keep it all going.

Agree with this in general, and a good point above re: King.

Schmeichel- 6 (Will surely never have an easier game)

De Laet- 7 (Coped well with their one decent player in Martin)

Morgan- 8 (Campbell still in his pocket)

Whitbread- 7 (Much improved)

Schlupp- 7 (Linked well with Lloyd)

Knockaert- 8 (Too good for them, neat finish)

King- 8 (What a clever player)

Drinkwater- 8 (Back to form, gave Reo-Coker very little)

Dyer- 9 (Class display, Couldn't fault him at all)

Nugent- 8 (30 minutes, two goals. Can't ask for more)

Waghorn- 8 (Delighted to see him score, unlucky with his header)

Vardy- 6 (Ok)

Marshall- 6 (Nice bit of skill towards the end)

Futacs- 6 (Good finish for his goal)

Archived