Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RyanLCFC18

Yes another thread about Wellens!

Alot of people on here have pointed out that Millwall are a physical team and we lack a leader in midfield so yes im gona say it, id quite like to give Wellens a start an see how he gets on. Hes not the kind of player to be a pushover and he is a leader! plus the spy work he did at Ipswich was great :)

Wellens, King and Gally were pulverised last season by Millwall.

Don't talk out yer arris, Wellens isn't the answer.

He'll be gone, I think, in Jan.

I think we need a new combatative midfielder.

and king is still in the team an proberbly will be at Millwall

Wellens of 3 years ago maybe, but he is not the player he was, and he has not played for us under this new style, not a good game for him to adjust in.

He is not a defensive midfielder, he is combative, and would get in people's faces but King does a lot more defensive work than Wellens, the worry with King and Drinkwater is that they will get pushed off the ball, to combat it we need to do what we didn't do yesterday and ensure that players are close too each other and always available for a quick easy pass.

I personally wouldn't say he is shite, he can still hold the ball well. His disadvantage is his age, he will be getting slower now and has never had that much pace anyway, but he has been a good player for us, no doubt. One poor season, along with half of the team.

But I think you're right in terms of Millwall. They will be physical, and I can see King getting overrun again, which is why he wouldn't be in my side for Saturday.

Alot of people on here have pointed out that Millwall are a physical team and we lack a leader in midfield so yes im gona say it, id quite like to give Wellens a start an see how he gets on. Hes not the kind of player to be a pushover and he is a leader! plus the spy work he did at Ipswich was great :)

Wellens will most probably not play for us again move on from the past!

Wellens of 3 years ago maybe, but he is not the player he was, and he has not played for us under this new style, not a good game for him to adjust in.

He is not a defensive midfielder, he is combative, and would get in people's faces but King does a lot more defensive work than Wellens, the worry with King and Drinkwater is that they will get pushed off the ball, to combat it we need to do what we didn't do yesterday and ensure that players are close too each other and always available for a quick easy pass.

Spot on!

Archived