Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Liam Trotter

I will be amazed if Millwall sell another player to us. Hope it happens obviously but I just can't see them allowing their two best players to join a rival in the same league.

They haven't sold anyone to us yet. Wood came from WBA.

i think he's the wrong man to sign, fair enough maybe he is a key asset to Millwall's starting 11 but we have a good play maker as it is, Knockaert. i'd guarantee he is better than Trotter, so to me i reckon we need to look at signing a centre back, a big strong defensive central midfielder and some quality down one of or both of the channels, as i fancy Marshall as an impact sub rather a starting winger as he doesn't play it very well, also Dyer is just shite. As shown yesterday against Burton Albion when he came up against Stanton, right back, he had nothing. no skill, no strength, no quality, he just relies on pace and when that doesn't workout, he has nothing. So although he maybe a quality player and it would be great to see Millwall's reactions to it come late March, i think he is the wrong signing. Definitely a player to keep an eye on though come the summer.

i think he's the wrong man to sign, fair enough maybe he is a key asset to Millwall's starting 11 but we have a good play maker as it is, Knockaert. i'd guarantee he is better than Trotter, so to me i reckon we need to look at signing a centre back, a big strong defensive central midfielder and some quality down one of or both of the channels, as i fancy Marshall as an impact sub rather a starting winger as he doesn't play it very well, also Dyer is just shite. As shown yesterday against Burton Albion when he came up against Stanton, right back, he had nothing. no skill, no strength, no quality, he just relies on pace and when that doesn't workout, he has nothing. So although he maybe a quality player and it would be great to see Millwall's reactions to it come late March, i think he is the wrong signing. Definitely a player to keep an eye on though come the summer.

People want a new central midfielder though, you have to think we only have three, we can't count Danns and Wellens who look to be off now anyway. Teams above us have 5-6 central midfielders. Trotter is nowhere near a play maker, he is the physical all round midfielder we have been after. He is strong in the tackle, a good passer and has an eye for goal, he would be a good option to have in my opinion.

We haven't got him yet of course, but if he comes I will be pleased with the signing.

two weeks??

doesnt sound like its going to happen in all honesty.

NP usually likes to get his deals done quickly, im sure he is looking at other targets now.

How do you know how long it takes to negotiate a deal? Length of time for a deal to be done means absolutely nothing in regards to Pearson's view on the player. It's most likely Millwall playing hardball.

two weeks??

NP usually likes to get his deals done quickly, im sure he is looking at other targets now.

He was left out of The Millwall squad today. Certainly looks like something is happening even if not to us...

He was left out of The Millwall squad today. Certainly looks like something is happening even if not to us...

Very true, if he isn't injured then something is happening but the question is do we need him? We have king, Drinkwater, James... fighting for places and all what would trotter offer? Sorry never seen him play...

Very true, if he isn't injured then something is happening but the question is do we need him? We have king, Drinkwater, James... fighting for places and all what would trotter offer? Sorry never seen him play...

If Pearson thinks we need him (if it is us he is going to) the answer is YES!! The manager knows more than anyonelse what he needs. Fans can have an opinion, but to second guess a manager who has got us promoted once, playoffs once and in playoff/auto position now, I think I would back him in decisions on player personal.

two weeks??

It took us nearly a month of negotiation to sign Ben Marshall last January.

You have seen him play, right? He's a very, very different player to Knockaert. Strong tackler, physical presence on the middle and very big in the air; exactly what our midfield needs really.

Not really without his goals vs Blackpool, Brum and Sheff Wed and his assists we'd be 6 points worse off this season alone. I do expect more from him in the coming weeks though.

*PEDANTRY ALERT* I make it 7. Ignoring the matches where the result would be the same anyway if you remove his goals/assists (obviously a flaw to this since every goal changes the flow of the match but still, bear with me) we're left with:

Blackpool (h) 1-0 0-0, 3 pts 1pt = 2 pts

Burnley (h) 2-1 1-1, 3 pts 1pt = 2 pts

Brum (a) 1-1 1-0, 1 pt 0pts = 1 pt

Sheff W (a) 2-0 0-0, 3pts 1pt = 2 pts

= 7 pts, or the difference between being 5th and 9th.

*PEDANTRY ALERT* I make it 7. Ignoring the matches where the result would be the same anyway if you remove his goals/assists (obviously a flaw to this since every goal changes the flow of the match but still, bear with me) we're left with:

Blackpool (h) 1-0 0-0, 3 pts 1pt = 2 pts

Burnley (h) 2-1 1-1, 3 pts 1pt = 2 pts

Brum (a) 1-1 1-0, 1 pt 0pts = 1 pt

Sheff W (a) 2-0 0-0, 3pts 1pt = 2 pts

= 7 pts, or the difference between being 5th and 9th.

Forgot about his assists vs Burnley, a point well made.

Archived