Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Liam Trotter

yeah, tell that to Ipswich &.......................... Oh that's it!!!

I've said it before in other threads. Dyer just needs to learn to play a simple final ball. For example against Huddersfield, he could have put a hat trick goal on a plate for Wood, if only he would have looked up and played a simple pass. Instead he over ran it and the chance was wasted.

He also nearly scored himself a bit earlier but it was taken off his toe by their defender (I think). Maybe he should have shot sooner and he could have had a goal himself?

Anyway the point is he still has loads of potential, but we just hardly ever see it. As you say, Ipswich was different, and for me was his best ever game for us. He was totally unplayable that day.

Do we have to play with 10 men if we don't play Marshall then?

lol I was just pointing out the key influence that he's been in 4 matches - that leaves 21 matches this season where he hasn't been so pivotal. And no, I'm not saying that we may as well have not had him for those games. Everyone knows it's a team game.

I already admitted it's a flawed analysis, but FWIW the same analysis applied to Dyer shows him to have been key in only one match, scoring the Winner at Boro gaining us 2 extra points. Knocky's got us 8 pts over 5 by the same method, sharing the glory with Lloyd for the Boro away day and with Ben for Burnley at home.

So if he does sign will this be his song agreed? Stick a pony in me pocket, I'll fetch the suitcase from the van.

Cos if you want the best 'uns, but you don't ask questions,

Then brother, I'm your man. 'Cos where it all comes from is a mystery,

It's like the changin' of the seasons, and the tides of the sea.

But here's the one that's drivin' me beserk, Why do sign Liam Trotter?

La-la-la. La-lala-la. La-la-la. La-lala-la

It doesn't make any sense whatsoever?

I've said it before in other threads. Dyer just needs to learn to play a simple final ball. For example against Huddersfield, he could have put a hat trick goal on a plate for Wood, if only he would have looked up and played a simple pass. Instead he over ran it and the chance was wasted.

He also nearly scored himself a bit earlier but it was taken off his toe by their defender (I think). Maybe he should have shot sooner and he could have had a goal himself?

Anyway the point is he still has loads of potential, but we just hardly ever see it. As you say, Ipswich was different, and for me was his best ever game for us. He was totally unplayable that day.

He has loads of potential?????? He's over 30 years old, at the wrong end of a career where he hasn't done anything of note & never will. He can run & that's where it ends. He has never been able to look up and put a ball on a plate for anyone. His assist record is a disgrace for a winger. Always has been & always will be mediocre.

He has loads of potential?????? He's over 30 years old, at the wrong end of a career where he hasn't done anything of note & never will. He can run & that's where it ends. He has never been able to look up and put a ball on a plate for anyone. His assist record is a disgrace for a winger. Always has been & always will be mediocre.

I think you are misunderstanding my point. I wasn't talking about career potential. I was talking about potential to do a lot better in individual situations during games. Hence my two examples in the Huddersfield game. In that sense I am in agreement with you. I'm saying if only he could look up and see a pass, he has the potential to be a much better player. I'm not saying I expect that to suddenly happen at his age, but it's a real shame this hasn't been worked on so far in his career.

I'm glad someone else pointed that out. What the hell does "Why do sign Liam Trotter?" mean? Not only that, but it doesn't rhyme and it doesn't scan.

Perhaps Foxestalk is being used by foriegn intelligence operatives to pass on messages and that is why they often do not make sense,.... :unsure: ........or maybe not.

Where as I agree with you why is everyone having a go about dyer on this thread . And let's face dyers final ball is that good it fools everyone and two of his goals this season massive defections

A journalist from Millwall's local paper on tonight's moan in reckons Trotter probably won't be sold this window.

There was also the suggestion that if £2mil+ was offered, then Millwall wouldn't be able to refuse such a financial boost.

How about self respect to actually play some football for his money?

Any other club and I'd agree with it but I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to play for Millwall. Besides, this hasn't been part of the deal so who knows what the plan is and whilst its unlikely that Danns will be sticking around, we can't be sure that his career at Leicester is over so may still be willing to fight for his place here?

Any other club and I'd agree with it but I wouldn't blame him for not wanting to play for Millwall. Besides, this hasn't been part of the deal so who knows what the plan is and whilst its unlikely that Danns will be sticking around, we can't be sure that his career at Leicester is over so may still be willing to fight for his place here?

Fair enough. I just hate the idea of how much Gallagher, Wellens, Danns and the like have taken from the club so far this season, without hardly ever playing. So either we should start playing them or get shot as fast as we can. I would prefer the latter.

Archived