Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RizLCFC

Liam Trotter

Teams will be interested in Bridcutt as he is in good form.

Whether Brighton would sell who knows, but we probably would be able to afford him, unless Brighton want ridiculous amounts.

But Trotter or Bridcutt would be the type of midfielder we should get, experience in this division and will add that extra quality.

I find it ironic that we're all crying out for a 'Trotter' type, defensive, and solid minded midfielder with a decent pass, and yet we had all that in Gelson Fernandes! And despite that, we let him go early...I think if he had his chance again then he'd be a class act.

He scored one goal for us. I'd hardly call him a goal scoring machine.

This fella, along with SGE, needs to be put in a box labelled "do not open" because quite frankly we go over this time and time again. It's in the past, looking back we are better for it imo, he's moved on, SGE moved on, so should we.

I find it ironic that we're all crying out for a 'Trotter' type, defensive, and solid minded midfielder with a decent pass, and yet we had all that in Gelson Fernandes! And despite that, we let him go early...I think if he had his chance again then he'd be a class act.

legend has it that he would rather stick pins in his eyes than play for us after SGE was sacked.

Maybe it's just me but I thought he was class! He ran like a Kenyan, he tackled like a defender, and he finished like a striker. What more do you want?

Quality under Sven. Awful under Pearson. Simple as that really.

I genuinely thought he was amazing at The City Ground last season, PL standard that day, no doubt. Never came close to it again after Sven was sacked, I liked him but I wouldn't have him back - I just don't think he'd do a job for us any more.

He make it perfectly clear the second Sven went he no longer wanted to be here. I don't know how many times this needs going over, he clearly stated in foreign press he only came here to repay Sven a favour and that he wanted to go with him no longer here. This had nothing to do with Pearson as he wasn't even here when he said this. Plus he was on loan and wouldn't even be here now even if he had stayed.

Quality under Sven. Awful under Pearson. Simple as that really.

I genuinely thought he was amazing at The City Ground last season, PL standard that day, no doubt. Never came close to it again after Sven was sacked, I liked him but I wouldn't have him back - I just don't think he'd do a job for us any more.

He was so good under Sven he was no longer even first choice when he got sacked having been on the bench for a quite a number of games.

And as for being rubbish under Pearson he played a whopping 24 minutes under him. Hardly shocking considering he's said he wanted to leave.

It astonishes me how much people exaggerate how good someone is when they aren't playing or no longer here.

He was so good under Sven he was no longer even first choice when he got sacked having been on the bench for a quite a number of games.

And as for being rubbish under Pearson he played a whopping 24 minutes under him. Hardly shocking considering he's said he wanted to leave.

It astonishes me how much people exaggerate how good someone is when they aren't playing or no longer here.

Generally I agree but Fernandes left us to go and be a starting player for Udinese, clearly he had something about him and would have been worth persisting with IF - and I iterate IF - he had wanted to be here.

Generally I agree but Fernandes left us to go and be a starting player for Udinese, clearly he had something about him and would have been worth persisting with IF - and I iterate IF - he had wanted to be here.

But that's the problem he didn't show it enough, a couple of games he was brilliant and then he was just average. He's now plodding along in a team placed 12th in Portugal.

But that's the problem he didn't show it enough, a couple of games he was brilliant and then he was just average. He's now plodding along in a team placed 12th in Portugal.

He made 5 appearances for them, and now he's on loan to FC Sion in the Swiss league

Not necessarily. Sven used the diamond and put Wellens at the base, where Fernandes would've normally played, so Fernandes was shoved to the left or right side, naturally didn't look comfortable and was subsequently dropped.

He wasn't here for long but we wasted him.

Not necessarily. Sven used the diamond and put Wellens at the base, where Fernandes would've normally played, so Fernandes was shoved to the left or right side, naturally didn't look comfortable and was subsequently dropped.

He wasn't here for long but we wasted him.

So that tell you how crud he was in a lot of games considering Sven thought Wellens a better option.

Our loss is FC Sions gain then..... :ph34r:

Archived