Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
El Fleeco

Best Strike force in my lifetime

Claridge and Heskey was the best regular partnership, but Heskey and Collymore had genuinely stupid potential. We'd probably have been qualifying for Europe through league position if they'd stayed together and MO'N hadn't been tempted away by Celtic.

Nugent and Wood have huge potential as a partnership though, Wood especially is only going to get better at 21.

In my lifetime it has to be Heskey and Cottee.

Saying that if Nuge and Wood play together for the next 3 years they could be better than them.

Spot on. Agree with all of the above.

The Nuge / Wood partnership shows signs of being absolutely awesome.

There ok for championship but bottom 3 in prem same level as ricky lambert or dan graham knockheart class act apologies if spelt wrong think youl go up in play offs dont mind though if all goes well will be reunited with true scum villa! Lineker smith best you had ! Sky blue army

Deane and Dickov were very good at this level

Agreed. Dickov :wub:

But in recent years, I agree, Nugent/Wood looks good. They go together as well, we finally have something mobile to aim at in Wood. Can only get better boys!

We've had some great strikers over the years (my years) lineker, smithx2, Roberts, Speedie, Cottee,Dickov,Claridge,Heskey,Collymore to name a few but in terms of partnerships this has the making of something special! Riding on the crest of a wave maybe but............

Archived