Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lineker's Left Foot

De Laet last night

Last night proved, why I think he is a very average player and nothing special.

You've had something against him since he joined, without even seeing him play.. De Laet is good in the air, he can defend and especially attack. He has been one of our better players this year, and I think we'd struggle to get a better right full back at this level.

He isn't a superstar, but you don't need a team of superstars to win promotion, as we've all seen down the years.

Absolute rubbish. He's been one of the top five players for us this season.

I would put Schmeichel, Morgan, Drinkwater, James, Knockaert, Wood and Nugent all ahead of him.

lol

Can't think of too many RBs at this level that would do a better job.

He's decent.

He's decent going forward, defensively he is poor, we have seen it so many times this season, just because he is decent going forward, it doesn't make him one of our best players, defensively he is not good enough, he made so many mistakes last night, I rate him in an attacking sense, but defensively as proved last night, he is not good enough.

I would put Schmeichel, Morgan, Drinkwater, James, Knockaert, Wood and Nugent all ahead of him.

He's decent going forward, defensively he is poor, we have seen it so many times this season, just because he is decent going forward, it doesn't make him one of our best players, defensively he is not good enough, he made so many mistakes last night, I rate him in an attacking sense, but defensively as proved last night, he is not good enough.

So poor defensively that the stat exists to say we haven't conceded down the right (not sure if last nigh counts as the right or what)

Thats just ridiculous! So what youre saying is if a player has an off game, he is suddenly poor at his job? Hes only human and has put some fantastic shifts in of late. You are talking dross.

First half he defended well. A number of times Sako was running at him and he kept his eye on the ball and came away with it the vast majority of times. In fact, I don't think he got beat at all first half and stopped a number of crosses coming in.

Second half he was under more pressure, but he was by no means over-run.

What have you got to say about the fact we've yet to concede a goal down our right side this season? It goes against your ramblings somewhat.

He didn't have a great game but he had no protection or cover from Knockeart at all. Can't be easy defending against their best player with no help and no outlet in front of you because half the time Knockearts gone central. I think the fact some people don't even realise this shows what a good job he's done all season.

Marshall and Dyer both covered for Konchesky when he went forward so he had time to get back. De Laet doesn't have that, so he has to sprint forward then sprint back just as fast - no wonder he looked knackered towards the end.

I agree he wasnt as good as usual last night but he made a superb challenge on Sako near the touch line about 15 minutes! Hes improving game by game...dont forget hes relatively young still...wouldnt swap him for anyone in the Champ!

Sorry if in post match thread, but anyone think that RDL looked absolutely knackered last night during the game? Does he need a rest or does anyone know if he was ill?? Liam Moore could deputise the odd time I suppose

He had no protection & was doing the defensive work of two people (this blunted his usual pacey attacking threat too) & he was playing against their best player

Must be some sort of joke, surely?

Good, solid, pacey young player who's not let us down yet... Sure someone said we've yet to concede a goal from that flank?

Speaks for itself.

Archived