Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Conor Clifford - On Trial with us

Conor Paul Clifford (born 1 October 1991)[2] is an Irish footballer who is currently a free agent. He is a Republic of Ireland youth international and has represented them at under-17, under-19, and under-21 level. He has been called into the senior Ireland squad but is yet to play.

On 4 January 2013, Clifford was released by Chelsea in advance, with the hope of quickly finding new clubs before hundreds of others find themselves in a similar situation around the country. Head of youth development Neil Bath discussed the thinking behind the move, "Conor came over from Ireland at Under-15. We've always given him support and help that comes with bringing someone from abroad without their immediate friends and family with them. I hope to keep in contact with him. He had a fantastic time in the Youth Cup for us, and his challenge is to adjust from youth to men's football. He's gaining some fantastic experience with the Irish national team and he's a gusty, determined, hard-tackling player, who has scored a lot of goals. I hope a club goes with him.

His Wikipedia page is fairly unimpressive, been on loan a few times and not done much. On that basis I don't think we should sign him. :whistle:

That Sergio Hellings looks like he'd be a good buy though.

Must have something if Chelsea have had him for a few years, worth a look.

He was on loan at Pompey earlier this season, I like to follow them. He struggled to get off the subs bench for them, and they probably have the worst squad in the football league. I'm assuming it was a fitness problem...

I wish we had youtube back in my day.. :) Take 10 minutes out of 400 hours of football :) Geebus i wouldve been good

edit ..i worked out that 400 hours would be around 260 games....i foolishly then had to work out how many actual games i might have played and that goes up to around 600 games... therefore, 10 minutes of (54,000 minutes) 600 games... i wouldve been Pele! :)

Archived