Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Watford At Home Pre Match Chat - Biggest Game In 3 Years

I think buzzinghornet has some good points there. Perhaps there does need to be some clarification in the rules. I don't like the idea of players being loaned about willy nilly. However, if the suggestion that they would have been signed on free's is accurate. Then I see no problem with clubs forming partnerships. There's even scope to ship youngsters abroad during their formative years to broaden their footballing education.

We can still finish in the playoffs. We have two games which are tough but I've seen the remaining games Forest, Bolton and Brighton have left and could see at least one of them cocking up (more favourably Forest) It's not over, that's for sure.

Watford have a great away record and we did have a very good home record until the last few months, there is so much riding on this game it's unreal. Sky have struck gold with showing this really, if our recent matches are to go by then this will produce a lot of goals. We've mullered Watford at home a few times over the years and we badly need to on friday. Morgan and Keane need to look after Deeney and not give away and silly penalties again. I think Kingy will have another blinder and score twice for us in a 5-2 win.

Oh. Best of luck for Friday by the way. :thumbdown:

Aww come on, your chances of fudging up (automatic) promotion are about 0.0005 percent. lol

But I guess there's still a slight chance that you'll end up in the playoffs.

If Watford were to beat us, then assuming they also win their last match - Leeds (H) - Hull would need to win either away to Barnsley or home to Cardiff. Two draws would not be enough for them, due to their goal difference.

I'd say that the chances of Hull ending up in the play-offs are considerably higher than 0.0005% - RuislipTiger should be a very committed Fox on Friday night.... He has almost as much cause to sweat as we have.... :yesyes:

It does get very annoying when other fans that don't really know what's going on keep bringing this up just because Holloway cried over our team.

The only reason we have these players on loan is due to the fact that Udinese, Granada and Watford are all owned by the Pozzo family. Had the rules been different and international loans been treated the same as regular loans then we would have just got the players on free transfers! With every single loanee we have an option to buy them on a free as and when we want! Cassetti has never played for Udinese, and was bought and loaned to Watford on the same day, and the only reason he is a 'loan' player is because it was less of a risk (in terms of getting the paperwork done before deadline day) to do so. Know your facts.

In terms of financial fair play, the likelihood is that other clubs will follow suit. Instead of creating millions of pounds of debts *cough* Cardiff *cough*, we are getting in quality players without having to do so, by spreading the scouting network over three clubs and three countries for no extra cost we are saving money. Don't be surprised if, in times of financial hardship even in the football world, the Pozzo way of football becomes regular in europe.

Right, that's ok then, I really hope this is the way football moves forward, :ph34r:

'So it can't be replicated' - it wouldn't have to be replicated, because the other clubs could get the players on free transfers, it is not a loophole at all, as even if the 'loophole' is closed then the exact same thing could happen again with no consequences. As for becoming a reserve club of Udinese/Granada, that's simply not true, the Pozzos have stated their intent to get into the biggest league in the world, the Prem, and so do not see us as a host for their players to come on loan and then return, the players are Watford players now.

Furthermore, for our academy this is brilliant news. People have long complained about how British teens aren't brought up playing technical football, and how the English national team has suffered as a result. Now we have scores of teenagers playing passing, attractive football, and being able to come up into the first XI playing this way, which is completely unheard of for other teams in Britain. Don't be surprised if our academy products in the future (look out for Bernard Mensah, Britt Assombalonga and Tommie Hoban to name but a few) become brilliant players due to the ability to train with very high quality players.

So Watford FC are going to improve our national team. When we win the world in 2018 I’ll come and thank you guys. I’ll buy an Elton John album just as an added courtesy.

Watford have a great away record and we did have a very good home record until the last few months, there is so much riding on this game it's unreal. Sky have struck gold with showing this really, if our recent matches are to go by then this will produce a lot of goals. We've mullered Watford at home a few times over the years and we badly need to on friday. Morgan and Keane need to look after Deeney and not give away and silly penalties again. I think Kingy will have another blinder and score twice for us in a 5-2 win.

stick a £1000 on over 2.5 goals.

After the Brighton and Bolton game, I was going to be happy with a point away at Palace. If you think about it, form wise, winning at home and drawing away from home is always decent, in that respect, our last 3 games have been good form - unlucky against Birmingham! (Nuge the useless twat). A win at home against Watford would set us up nicely for a point away at Forest. That's good form, maybe a little too late? i'm not too sure, I think we might scrap it via goal difference which would be good enough for me. If that was the case, we are going into the play offs in pretty good form and will put us in fairly good stead. Although lose against Watford, season will be over and the form bollocks goes out the window lol

Those 4 points that we dropped in the last few minutes will cost us the play offs, honestly can't see how we will make it now.

It will be a master stroke if we do manage to snatch a play off place.

Just think one win out of the last 15 matches would of seen us in there, dreadful really.

Those 4 points that we dropped in the last few minutes will cost us the play offs, honestly can't see how we will make it now.

It will be a master stroke if we do manage to snatch a play off place.

Just think one win out of the last 15 matches would of seen us in there, dreadful really.

If we don't sneak into the play offs given the position we were in, I reckon it's pretty unforgivable really. Just a couple of wins over the terrible period would have seen us there. Without a doubt, it will have been an incredible chance spurned. Of course, the staunch Pearsonites will have their excuses ready though as sure as day.

I remain convinced we will win on Friday and it will go down to the final game.

The dream ends here lads. It was a good ride while it lasted, but I can't see it continuing past Friday.

Why not?

If we lose on Friday we can still do it if Bolton lose on Saturday. It doesn't matter about Forest, if we beat them we finish ahead of them anyway.

So, at the very least the dream will last till Saturday if we lose.

If we don't sneak into the play offs given the position we were in, I reckon it's pretty unforgivable really. Just a couple of wins over the terrible period would have seen us there. Without a doubt, it will have been an incredible chance spurned. Of course, the staunch Pearsonites will have their excuses ready though as sure as day.

Me too bud but the fookin nerves are starting already lol

Are you coming to the game?

I'm caught between going or avoiding the match entirely by Cycling around Silverstone for 3 hours. I think my guts have bottled it. Pretty much like the Hull City team. I haven't bought a ticket yet so the decision might have already been taken out of my hands.

There's a lot of Pearson haters on the City Hull forums willing to forgive all in exchange for a Watford defeat on Friday. I'd imagine Pearson won't be too generous with his Fvcks on the matter though.

Totally agree mate, considering the position we was in this has been a master cock up.

and I hope so!!!

In one grotesque and very extreme case, I remember some sicko on the forum saying that they would 'cum in their own gob' if we signed Gelson Fernandes before it actually happened. This just goes to highlight the pressure the fans are under, as doing the aforementioned task takes alot of strain and effort, let me tell you.

So, what on the spot sacrifices would people be willing to make now for us to make the play offs?

Archived