Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Watford At Home Pre Match Chat - Biggest Game In 3 Years

This really could go to the last game if we beat Watford, but I can't help thinking we have now missed a trick.This is really galling as Hull looked woeful against the worst team in the league the other night. Hoping Cardiff put on a champions display against Bolton and do us a massive favour.

Never over till the fat bird sings.

I still cannot believe we are in this position,we should have gone up automatically...for some reason we will never know is that we lost the plot,some say the Huddersfield game started the rot, i am more inclined to go with the Peterboro away game.. the body language of the players that day suggested not all was right in the camp

i think we will beat watford on friday 2-1

I also think teams above us will draw/lose, expecially brighton and bolton. i also think forest will lose their next game

but then we will go to forest and need to win for playoffs and they will beat us (by then their playoff chances will have gone) as they will have nothing to lose and we will be under pressure

3-1 to forest and us out of the play offs and i will get so much stick from my workmates and missus's family (all forest fans)

Guest glasgowfox

Come on boys....lets get behind our team! I am coming all the way from Glasgow...costing me a packet even tho it's on sky! Be true supporters and get to the game....show the lads how much it means....they won't hear you singing in the pub!

Come on boys....lets get behind our team! I am coming all the way from Glasgow...costing me a packet even tho it's on sky! Be true supporters and get to the game....show the lads how much it means....they won't hear you singing in the pub!

This puts some of our fans to complete and utter shame. Work and possibly lack of money are only valid excuses for not going, and even then not if you choose to go to the pub instead

I still cannot believe we are in this position,we should have gone up automatically...

Totally disagree...

We have a side in my opinion which is play-offs at best, we were short of at least 3 more players to really make a case for top two... Yes it's been very disappointing how we capitulated, we should have at least made our play-off place just about secure by now but unfortunately we haven't and now we go into the Watford game being our biggest game for years and even if we win, hell even if we win our next two games it still might not be enough and that would disappoint me alot

Guest glasgowfox

Cheers year of the fox. Not looking to be some sort of hero just voicing my passion. My mrs will kill me when I tell her I am skint next week....but as they say...u can change your mrs but not your footie team....COYB!!!

IF being the main word buy yes i agree it would be amazing if we could beat Watford and Bolton and the Red Scum lose or draw at best

We need Bolton to lose. If we beat Watford and Bolton draw they would only be 1 point behind us and therefore we'd probably have to win at the City Ground(Cant see it!). If Bolton lose and we win then all we need is a draw and not only would that be alot more possible, it would also make Bolton think before kick off 'they probably will draw' and that could hamper their confidence and Blackpool could shock them as well.

If they know we have to beat Forest then its likely that they will go out in front of Blackpool and comfertably see them off.

Also Bolton have won about 6 or 7 home games in a row! so they WILL beat Blackpool. Its down to us.

Watford is a MUST win though. if we lose its over, if we draw its literally over(We'd still hold hope up that Bolton LOST to Cardiff and kept it in our hands)..end of day if we arnt above Bolton going into the last day then we wont do it..If we NEED to win at Forest to get it then its very unlikely we will make it but if we JUST need a draw Id fancy our chances.

Totally disagree...

We have a side in my opinion which is play-offs at best, we were short of at least 3 more players to really make a case for top two... Yes it's been very disappointing how we capitulated, we should have at least made our play-off place just about secure by now but unfortunately we haven't and now we go into the Watford game being our biggest game for years and even if we win, hell even if we win our next two games it still might not be enough and that would disappoint me alot

Let me make it clear..

I called 7th pre season not because I thought we SHOULD finish 7th, but looking at the squad we had, it looked like a bunch of players who would just miss out this season.

But I think we could have and should have done better if a couple of better signings were made from the start.

Watford seem to score for fun, most goals for in the entire division. Plus, they're just as good away from home than they are at Vicarage Road.

Our defense needs to play at their best to stop them. Deeney, Vydra, Abdi, Forrestieri...

I dread to think what they can do on a good day. And Yeates is always good for scoring the odd neat free-kick, especially against a former club.

Luckily, they've also shipped in a lot and their own back four aren't the strongest.

Huge game that requires tremendous discipline. Surely they'll want to clinch automatic promotion or at least give Hull a good run for the money.

I expect them to play aggressive and attacking football (just as or even better than Bolton).

I do hope Konchesky and De Laet get special defensive training and orders.

If they can contain Watford's attackers just like they did with Zaha and Murray at Selhurst Park, we'll be fine. But that's easier said than done.

I can see another 3-2 on the cards. Hopefully, the score will be in our favour.

On their day watford are the best team in the league but have faulted some what,This could go either way, on the counter their very good, massive game, If we win and bolton lose at cardiff i reckon we will be good to get a point at forest to be honest

Let me make it clear..

I called 7th pre season not because I thought we SHOULD finish 7th, but looking at the squad we had, it looked like a bunch of players who would just miss out this season.

But I think we could have and should have done better if a couple of better signings were made from the start.

I think calling 7th was probably a reaction to the woeful way things petered out in the second half of last season, ie managing expectations.

We had a lot of additions to our squad, Morgan, Drinkwater and Marshall were still new boys so I do not think anyone had much idea of how we would do and even those that did were thrown into confusion by the fluid passing game with which we started the season.

Whilst the squad is undeniably tight in some areas I still think we have the players available to have mounted a serious push for automatic promotion. So many of our players seem to have regressed during the course of the season, I am thinking primarily of our creative talents who, to a man, have been so wrapped up in their defensive duties that they rarely get to influence the game in a positive manner.

I am a bit sad because I think this season was a GREAT chance to gain promotion and we have blown it, very disappointing....... :(

4 Games ago I predicted a win, draw, draw and loss, in that order.

I still stand by that - think we'll draw on Friday - it will leave us needing a win and other results going our way at Forest .....

But I'm changing my mind there .... I think we'll win but results won't go our way ..... That will be even more heartbreaking and that's the leicester way!!!!

We were absolutely abysmal against them at Vicarage Road this season, we played 4-5-1 and it was just horrible. We're unlikely to play like that on friday I just hope we defend well and keep our shape and discipline. There's been signs of improvement from some of our players, such as Wood and that's a massive positive as we've struggled since his drop in form. If he plays well, Morgan and Keane organise the defence and James and King are allowed to play football then we'll get the job done and be in a position to go to Forest knowing if we win then we're in the play-off's and that's how it's got to be.

Can see us drawing this and leaving it all down to the game at the City Ground

This League is absolutely mental this year though, its only about 10 points between us and teams that have been scraping against relegation all year, even to have Forest up as high as they are is madness after the shambles they were looking around December/January/Febuary

Archived