Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
The Year Of The Fox

Watford At Home Pre Match Chat - Biggest Game In 3 Years

As a Watford fan, who hopes to win but does not expect to - the one thing you have to be aware of is that if you "go for it" as most of you seem to expect - we will muller you on the break - the reason that we have been caught out of late by lesser sides like Bristol Peterboro or Milwall is that they have not fallen into the trap of coming at us and let us hit them on the break -ask Leeds Brighton Birmingham or Hull - if you try and out football us you will come second and if you commit too much - you will come third!

2-1 to you i think - but if you try and hit us - 0-4 is possible

I hope you make the playoffs in 6th - we will finish 3rd and over 2 legs will get past you easily enough - I fear Bolton and Brighton - not you Forest or Palarse - we will beat them but the other 2 with momentum could be a problem.

Enjoy the game - all the pressure is on you and your manager is a bit thick so I suspect he will be all blood and thunder and that would be a terrible plan against us

As a Watford fan, who hopes to win but does not expect to - the one thing you have to be aware of is that if you "go for it" as most of you seem to expect - we will muller you on the break - the reason that we have been caught out of late by lesser sides like Bristol Peterboro or Milwall is that they have not fallen into the trap of coming at us and let us hit them on the break -ask Leeds Brighton Birmingham or Hull - if you try and out football us you will come second and if you commit too much - you will come third!

I hope you make the playoffs in 6th - we will finish 3rd and over 2 legs will get past you easily enough - I fear Bolton and Brighton - not you Forest or Palarse - we will beat them but the other 2 with momentum could be a problem.

Enjoy the game - all the pressure is on you and your manager is a bit thick so I suspect he will be all blood and thunder and that would be a terrible plan against us

lol

lol

Think this season might have gone to your head!

But thanks for giving us a chance. Much appreciated

lol

If we try and play the passing game we'll get completely hammered apparently.

Nice of Bayern to wear Watford shirts on Friday isn't it?

It'll be a close run thing with two decent footballing sides, our performances have improved since the Barnsley debacle and Watford now realise they're having to settle for the play-offs.

I don't even want to call it, always goes tits up when I do.

**** off to italy you **** and cover your self in olive oil.

you aint going no where this season and we will stuff you on friday.

Travelling up from SW Devon for this massive game but cheating a bit as my folks live down the road in Northants, so a very handy base! :) Nervous about it but after our failure to win at Palace then sadly we're no longer in the driving seat.

Where were you when you were shit?

'So it can't be replicated' - it wouldn't have to be replicated, because the other clubs could get the players on free transfers, it is not a loophole at all, as even if the 'loophole' is closed then the exact same thing could happen again with no consequences. As for becoming a reserve club of Udinese/Granada, that's simply not true, the Pozzos have stated their intent to get into the biggest league in the world, the Prem, and so do not see us as a host for their players to come on loan and then return, the players are Watford players now.

Furthermore, for our academy this is brilliant news. People have long complained about how British teens aren't brought up playing technical football, and how the English national team has suffered as a result. Now we have scores of teenagers playing passing, attractive football, and being able to come up into the first XI playing this way, which is completely unheard of for other teams in Britain. Don't be surprised if our academy products in the future (look out for Bernard Mensah, Britt Assombalonga and Tommie Hoban to name but a few) become brilliant players due to the ability to train with very high quality players.

That's a painfully biased outlook.

If it wasn't Watford you'd think the exact same.

The choices for the autos are horrible. Three clubs I'd want nowhere near them.

Just been reading the Watford forums and most of them are talking like they've only got to turn up to win despite the fact that they haven't won a televised game this season and been hammered in Leicester on their last 4 visits and numerous occasions before that.

But hey, whatever!

Just been reading the Watford forums and most of them are talking like they've only got to turn up to win despite the fact that they haven't won a televised game this season and been hammered in Leicester on their last 4 visits and numerous occasions before that.

But hey, whatever!

Sorry - i must have been in a different universe when we beat Birmingham and Brighton in a televised game

Where were you when you were shit?

Where was I? - well same seat / same passion - just a different outcome on the pitch

I don't know why you are so wound up - there is always next year for the HUGE sides in the league like you to take your rightful place

Thanks for agreeing to play us - smaller clubs like us are so grateful that massive institutions like you or Forest, Leeds or Wolves are prepared to occupy the same pitch as us - we are not worthy and we know it. We feel dirty and ashamed when we come off the pitch having beaten you and we know our place is to provide you with the chance to prove that you are our superiors in every way

Where was I? - well same seat / same passion - just a different outcome on the pitch

I don't know why you are so wound up - there is always next year for the HUGE sides in the league like you to take your rightful place

Thanks for agreeing to play us - smaller clubs like us are so grateful that massive institutions like you or Forest, Leeds or Wolves are prepared to occupy the same pitch as us - we are not worthy and we know it. We feel dirty and ashamed when we come off the pitch having beaten you and we know our place is to provide you with the chance to prove that you are our superiors in every way

Haha what a cvnt lol

:yawn:

MOG ^ Don't take it personally, our fans resent any other team that looks like being successful or making larger strides forward than us ... i've nothing against watford but you can't expect to large it on other teams forums without getting some stick

You're starting to sound like blackpool fans now, I should warn you. A chip on the shoulder and inferiority complex for no apparent reason.

Reel it in, quick...

lol lol lol

Where the fook did that come from?

You're the one saying that you'll smash us if we try and play football against you.

Nobody here has even mentioned that we're a bigger club than you until now.

MOG ^ Don't take it personally, our fans resent any other team that looks like being successful or making larger strides forward than us ... i've nothing against watford but you can't expect to large it on other teams forums without getting some stick

I think that would be the main reason that people are reacting badly, not because of the aforementioned "Large club syndrome". I guarantee this bloke was slating his team last year for not going anywhere and now this.

I haven't read the whole of this thread but someone was mentioning earlier that we hadn't beaten Forest at the City Ground in the League since Birch was playing. It's even longer ago than that: it was in January 1972! We did the double over them that season, and they were relegated. Soooo, I'm thinking, if we beat Watford and other results go our way, it could be a great to go there and break that record.

Hope springs eternal!

lol lol lol

All this because your sitting in 3rd spot I presume?

Watford have always been a small club in London, always played shit against us so sit the fvck down you stupid prat.

I think you being so high in the league has got to your head a little. Lets see what happens on Friday.

I really do hope we secure playoffs now and end up against you.

I think that would be the main reason that people are reacting badly, not because of the aforementioned "Large club syndrome". I guarantee this bloke was slating his team last year for not going anywhere and now this.

It's like every club, as soon as they start performing well, the fans then start crawling out of their holes and give it the big 'un about how well there doing.

Tits.

I'm at my best mate's wedding in Manchester on Saturday morning and his fiancee is insisting I go to the rehearsal on the Friday night at 7pm because I'm doing a reading. Absolute nightmare. Even if I get out in time to watch it on Sky somewhere, the Mrs will have the right hump. **** 'em all!

I'm at my best mate's wedding in Manchester on Saturday morning and his fiancee is insisting I go to the rehearsal on the Friday night at 7pm because I'm doing a reading. Absolute nightmare. Even if I get out in time to watch it on Sky somewhere, the Mrs will have the right hump. **** 'em all!

Rehearsal? Come on mate, this isn't America.

Archived