Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rivals signings

Wigan aside, there is no Championship side I can see that have really made great improvements. Seems a bit knee jerk to cart out the 'another one we've missed' line at any signing at all.

I reckon we'll kick some serious ass this year. In fact, if we make one decent signing, I think we'll win it.

Sky Sports understands Barnsley are set to conclude a deal for Wales international Lewin Nyatanga. A number of Championship clubs, including new boys Yeovil, had held talks with Nyatanga, who left relegated Bristol City at the end of last season.

Sky Sports understands Hull City are stepping up their interest in former West Hamstriker Carlton Cole.

Cardiff City are closing in on the signing of Blackpool ace Tom InceSky Sportsunderstands. It is understood that Ince and his father Paul held talks with Cardiff on Monday about a move to the Premier League new boys.

Burnley have confirmed the news that Charlie Austin’s switch to Hull City has fallen through and he is still a part of the Clarets squad.

Grant Holt is a very similar striker to Austin and Murray - both of which did very well at this level. Let's be honest Grant Holt is a good signing for a lot of premiership clubs let alone an already strong championship side. 

One can only hope that our players have reached an age that means that they will be performing at their peak. If so, Hull proved last year that even if the squad doesn't look amazing on paper, maintaining form and peak performances could still be a key factor for us. 

Championship yeah, but he was found out last year and at 32 his premiership days are done for me. I'd have like the fat bastard though

Can't understand why people are posting about premier league teams signings, they are not our rivals this season? We play in the Championship not interested at all in the Premiership so why mention it they are not our rivals.

Who pissed on your cornflakes?

we must be the only team in the league who still hasnt signed anyone

mediocre season coming up

it will take us a couple of seasons to sell the players we need to be able to bring new ones in

thanks FFP

we must be the only team in the league who still hasnt signed anyone

mediocre season coming up

it will take us a couple of seasons to sell the players we need to be able to bring new ones in

thanks FFP

I was about to call bullshit on your post but according to this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/10120670/Championship-Summer-Transfers-2013.html

You are spot on - deary me!

If it's Rafik Djebbour then he's a goal machine.

It was. It seems he refused to finish the medical so the club have told him to sling his hook. At least that's the official line. Other reasons cited have been other clubs have seen he's available and snuck in with a cheeky bid. And by other clubs I mean this seasons Prem relegation fodder...........and so ends my #ITK career. :D

As for the other question about our chances this year I suspect they're much the same as they were last year. Probably around the play off area and all the fun and games that entails.

I was about to call bullshit on your post but according to this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/championship/10120670/Championship-Summer-Transfers-2013.html

You are spot on - deary me!

How depressing. 

Really don't see us getting anywhere when you look at our rivals' additions. Everyone seems to be making their team stronger, and we're just... not. 

Archived