Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rivals signings

nige obviously doesn't want him then for him to have been offered to us already and turn it down, and if he went on a free was this known to him?

If we would have accepted it though, we'd have been left without a decent goalkeeper. I would have loved Hobbs back as well, gutted to see him join another Championship club that isn't Leicester City, but we've got another three centre backs behind Morgan and a good enough goalkeeper, where as that wouldn't be the case if we would have accepted Hull's offer.

Has Hobbs gone for free, though? I've read it is a loan with a £750,000 fee in the summer?

Whitbread is a walking injury. He's so fragile that you are bang on if he gets a muscle pull that would usually keep someone out for a week or 2 he's gone for nearly a month. He can't be relied upon to start week in week out in the Championship and I think Nigel knows this.

Are you the physio? :o

If we would have accepted it though, we'd have been left without a decent goalkeeper. I would have loved Hobbs back as well, gutted to see him join another Championship club that isn't Leicester City, but we've got another three centre backs behind Morgan and a good enough goalkeeper, where as that wouldn't be the case if we would have accepted Hull's offer.

Has Hobbs gone for free, though? I've read it is a loan with a £750,000 fee in the summer?

As was correctly mentioned in the other thread, it's a year loan until his contract runs out and then he signs for free in the summer.

I wish we'd gone for hobbs. I genuinely think we could've got him as it appears hull wanted to sell. Seeing him sign for forest is sickening! Him and morgan wouldve been immense. What a twat sven was for getting rid in the first place. One stupid mistake of many by him i guess!

I wish we'd gone for hobbs. I genuinely think we could've got him as it appears hull wanted to sell. Seeing him sign for forest is sickening! Him and morgan wouldve been immense. What a twat sven was for getting rid in the first place. One stupid mistake of many by him i guess!

Maybe we just weren't in a position financially to push the deal through?

Without sounding arrogant if we made an offer he'd come here. Simply because of him being here before and working under Pearson.

If a bid had've gone in we'd know about it.

Without sounding arrogant if we made an offer he'd come here. Simply because of him being here before and working under Pearson.

we didnt want him agree with bert

As was correctly mentioned in the other thread, it's a year loan until his contract runs out and then he signs for free in the summer.

If that is true then you gave a great deal and Hull are stupid in the extreme. Surely they get some cash for him at some point.

Defo, if we had the same interest as Forest did, he'd be our player now.

Also saying we are 'slighty interested' we either were or werent. I reckon he just said it to get on side with the forest fans as soon as he joined IMO

Not a rival signing but thought I'd pop it in here.

Veteran midfielder Matt Oakley has signed a new one-year contract with Exeter Cityahead of the new season. The 35-year-old former Leicester man was a crucial cog in the Grecians' midfield last season in his second spell with the club.

Guest seanfox778

Saw on the Sky Sports paper talk that QPR are trying to get Charlie Austin as well as Gary Hooper for next season

Saw on the Sky Sports paper talk that QPR are trying to get Charlie Austin as well as Gary Hooper for next season

I hope they struggle miserably, them and Wigan.

Cannot believe no one has brought in Carlton Cole yet, would be a great signing at this level.

Get rid of Waggy, Futacs or Vardy and bring him in!

Archived