Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Rivals signings

Forest have just signed Jamie Mackie, very good striker in this league

The same mackie who has never scored more than 9 goals above the blue square premier?

Blimey add that record to Cox's last year and they almost reach Nugents total for the season.

The same mackie who has never scored more than 9 goals above the blue square premier?

Blimey add that record to Cox's last year and they almost reach Nugents total for the season.

He is more of a winger than a striker I would of thought?

True and I agree, hes not the best at scoring but will always give 100%. Hes like a Ian Hume and Jamie Vardy king lol

Mackie is an ok player. I dont know why there's always a cumfest when Forest sign someone. Are Leicester fans as taken in by Forests past reputation as Forest fans are? If we'd have signed Mackie, the forum would be full of people pointing out his shit goal record and injuries over the last couple of years.

People need to get a grip when it comes to other teams signings and realise that signing a player doesnt automatically make the squad better. Sometimes it just makes it bigger. This winger they've signed has loads of Forest fans saying that Youtube makes him look like the new Messi.

Come on lads.

Recognise.

The longer this goes on the more I'm convinced that some teams just buy for the sake of it in order to let the market run dry.

How can some of these teams, like QPR, Wigan, Watford, Bolton or F"rçst accommodate so many strikers at once?

It's all bound to end in tears.

Neither Cox or Mackie has ever scored more than 9 league goals a season above league one (yes Beckford fans the stat can still be used... boom).

Did you take cup goals into consideration?  :D

Mackie isn't amazing but he's not shit either. People forget that he got something like 7 in 7 for QPR at the beginning of the 10/11 season and then broke his leg and was out for most of the season. Then he was thrust into the Premiership in a crap side.

He's better than Vardy or Waghorn, but no better than Wood (when he pulls his finger out) and Nugent.

Forest are doing exactly what we did under Sven; Impulse buying. They're another one in this league that are banking on promotion this season - and will suffer quite a rapid demise if they don't. We've shipped out two high earning players and have kept our best players - not to mention we've signed a left back with pace (which is an area of teams definitely targeted last season).

And in all honesty, there are very few players that any championship club has signed this summer that you'd really want to take to leicester. A unique, however constructive summer for our club I think. 

Archived