Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

Twitter/Twatter links

We have needed a big ball winner in midfield because in some games we have been pushed about and prevented playing ( Leeds Away) BUT I have seen Henry play several times.He is big BUT he just cannot play football.If this is true it does not bode well for the direction NP is taking the club,you cant just kick your way out of this league.

Can't comment on his passing too much but surely if have king or James beside does it really matter what his passing is like? Yes he must be able to pass a ball but if he breaks the opponents play up it will allow knockaert, king, James more space and chance to get the ball rather than chasing after it. Henry wins it lays it off, job done!

Will be handy away from home as will make us harder in middle while allowing our attacking players more freedom.

That's how I see it, may be right or wrong and for all we know its all rubbish him signing!

ffs. The guy might be able to run about in front of the defence scything people down left, right and centre, but I can do that, and I'd do it for 500 quid a week. Behind the tackling and getting sent off he is god-awful.

we need a big hard ugly bastard, hes the man. he'll break some **** like simon cox's legs, its a fantastic signing.

And then spend 3 games on the sidelines. Magic.

Trotter was our number 1 target in this position and was close to happening in Jan. Not heard much since on Trotter but I assume unless the usual suspects are cleared off the wage bill then money would obviously be a factor. Karl Henry would be the cheaper option but obviously a similar type of player. I personally think our midfield/team is crying out for someone like this and especially for his leadership skills. For everyone that's having a pop about disciplinary record....Steve Walsh was no saint!!!

Seem to remember I said him in the players we should sign thread, got shot down by everyone, the consensus when we actually might sign him is quite different. My opinion hasn't changed, he's exactly the sort of player we need.

Really? Because most don't look on him particularly positively judging by this thread

Anyone know what his passing range is like? Is he a good finisher like King?

If we wanted to get someone in just to kick the opposition then I'm sure there are cheaper options available, like Ron Harris or Vinnie Jones.

Think David Batty....

Can't comment on his passing too much but surely if have king or James beside does it really matter what his passing is like? Yes he must be able to pass a ball but if he breaks the opponents play up it will allow knockaert, king, James more space and chance to get the ball rather than chasing after it. Henry wins it lays it off, job done!

Will be handy away from home as will make us harder in middle while allowing our attacking players more freedom.

That's how I see it, may be right or wrong and for all we know its all rubbish him signing!

Answered your own question there! lol

We definitely need some physical presence in the midfield, particularly when we need to mix it with ugly teams. Henry is the right mould, whether he's good enough, I would need to be convinced. On the one hand he's played successfully in the Prem for a number of seasons, yet on the other has captained a team that has dropped out of our league at the first attempt. Perhaps a fresh challenge is what he needs and he can regain some sort of form that made him a promising youngster a few season back.

IMO not a great player but with him in the team we wouldnt get bullied so easily and also he may have a positive effect on our own players, in summary for me it depends on the transfer/wages deal we can get, although his hard tackling type is what we have been lacking

This amazing physical presence he has that will serve us so well really worked for Wolves in the last two years.

Yeah, I'm sure it's all his fault. God you could swap the posts in this one with the "We're after Wes Morgan" thread.

He has spent a number of years in the premier league, captaining wolves. He is hardly shit he isn't flamboyant, but he is exactly what we need someone who will do the dirty crap, plus he is on a free if he accepts it's a good signing.

Free, experienced, probably cheap wages, not afraid to stand up and be counted for, will be good for closing out games, we're lacking a midfielder, we're apparently skint.

I don't see why he would be a shit signing, not like we're buying the league anymore.

In the current climate, where we clearly haven't been able to shift out the deadwood yet ( or they'd be gone, surely?) then people have to understand we either go for Henry or get left behind. All the good players usually get snapped up first so we need to be making some signings...

Its not going to be like last season where Pearson was able to identify and pay for his players up front and all the deals will be done within a few weeks...

Times are a changin' , folks- he is the best we are able to get.

Archived