Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Wycombe Wanderers (A) League Cup Pre-Match

I'm really unsure as to why Pearson would play a system with three centre backs again, when started the match against middlesbrough we had Moore on the bench as cover, now with Whitbread unable to play, having three centre backs would mean no cover on the bench unless he were to play a youth player or move a player out of position.  :dunno:

Will be interesting to see what team starts, I'd imagine there will be a lot of changes from the Middlesbrough game. Reckon Kasper and big Wes might still get a start. Think Knocky will start as well.

Looking forward to going to this. :) Hopefully it will be a decent game.

I would play 352 but with lots of changes

Kasper

Moore   Morgan   Taft

RDL      James       King     Bakayogo

Knocky(free role)

Schlupp            Waghorn

Just so long as we win, I don't care who plays. Whenever I go into town in my City shirt, someone always brings up notorious defeat we suffered at their hands.

Now they are saying we will be "easy meat" or they are going to "BBQ" us. Just words I know, but annoying.

They will get in our faces and try and be physical, so we have to be prepared for that. Since I will be among their hard core of fans, on the terrace, I can only pray we win this game. Come on City, time for revenge.

for me mix up our fringe players with a few who didn't make the 1st choice 11 saturday who we wouldn't of been surprised to see, like danns knocky schlupp to fight there way back in and the a couple of the under performers from saturday (ssl and wood) to make up for a bad game.

that team should be more than capable of a win

I think Pearson will have Burton at home from last year in his mind so not weaken things too much. 3 or 4 changes I think from the Boro match. I can see a switch back to 4-4-2 for this one:

Kasper

Bakayogo

Moore

Morgan

De Laet

Dyer

King

Drinkwater

Knockaert

Wood

Vardy

Subs: Logan, St Ledger, Schlupp, James, Nugent, Waghorn, Marshall

Think we will put up a professional display and win by a couple of goals, maybe Wood and Vardy scoring.

Remember though, many people blamed our downturn in form due to rotating the squad playing a weakened team in the FA Cup match, just bare that in mind.

Any one blaming it on that don't know what their talking about, although i can't even recall people ever saying that. However it is a long season and players who play 46 games plus cup matches may be ok now but they won't be later on as a result. So rotating against weaker side is the thing to do for me. Also it gives options for later on as it keeps the squad players match fit. Finally it raises moral as less able players get a chance to prove themselves.

Tend to go with not to many changes, would probably give danns a run, rest one of the midfielders.

Stick with wood starting, hopefully get him scoring, whilst leaving nugent rested for Leeds as been struggling with injuries.

Need to build momentum now, but it's hard on the others as they need time on the pitch, as Nigel said Saturday squad of 21 first teamers, but don't envy his job of keeping consistency and keeping all 21 happy.

Oh and as an after thought would Defo let Conrad get a competitive 90 minutes in.

We will probably change formation I think, so the likes of Dyer can have a go, because he doesn't really fit a 3-5-2.

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Hopper - Bakayogo

Marshall - Danns - James - Dyer

Waghorn - Wood

Subs - Logan, St Ledger, Konchesky, Knockaert, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Vardy

Had a decent enough game at wing back v Northampton.

Stick with a similar side, maybe bring Bakaygo in for Konchesky. Depending on fitness, Nugent to start, if not Schlupp might get the nod with Vardy.

No need for wholesale changes, we are still adjusting to a new system and the regular players should get every opportunity to get used to it.

Important also to keep winning.

Any one blaming it on that don't know what their talking about, although i can't even recall people ever saying that. However it is a long season and players who play 46 games plus cup matches may be ok now but they won't be later on as a result. So rotating against weaker side is the thing to do for me. Also it gives options for later on as it keeps the squad players match fit. Finally it raises moral as less able players get a chance to prove themselves.

I agree changing the team for the FA Cup game had no bearing on our form in the 2nd half of the season and certainly cannot be blamed, but I sure I remember seeing many comments linking to changes made for that game to our poor form in the last half of the season.

Stick with a similar side, maybe bring Bakaygo in for Konchesky. Depending on fitness, Nugent to start, if not Schlupp might get the nod with Vardy.

No need for wholesale changes, we are still adjusting to a new system and the regular players should get every opportunity to get used to it.

Important also to keep winning.

This, do agree we have to keep the ball rolling

I want to see us taking the cups seriously this season.

Bollox to all the 'save it for the league' stuff. I'd like to see the club enjoy a decent run in the cup as well as competing well in the league. Having been lucky enough to see us doing well in the League Cup, I know how exciting it can get and the momentum it can give the team.

One of my biggest disappointments last season was the way in which we went out of both cups in a pathetic fashion. I really don't want to see that happen again.

I want to see us taking the cups seriously this season.

Bollox to all the 'save it for the league' stuff. I'd like to see the club enjoy a decent run in the cup as well as competing well in the league. Having been lucky enough to see us doing well in the League Cup, I know how exciting it can get and the momentum it can give the team.

One of my biggest disappointments last season was the way in which we went out of both cups in a pathetic fashion. I really don't want to see that happen again.

Bradford last season proved good cup runs and promotion can go hand in hand

Yes.

Hopper has a squad number, Taft doesn't.

Hopper did well at centre back in pre season, and as it's a Cup game, I don't see the harm in playing him there.

He could be the next Steve Walsh :ph34r:lol

Would be a perfect game to see more of Taft

Archived