Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Wycombe Wanderers (A) League Cup Pre-Match

Bradford last season proved good cup runs and promotion can go hand in hand

This! The experience they got from the cup run was priceless in the play-offs. Not to mention the mental boost it gave them. It was loosing the cup game to Huddersfield that started our downward spiral last year.

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Taft

De Laet - James - Cain - Bakayogo

Knockaert

Nugent - Vardy

Subs; Logan, St Ledger, Konchesky, Marshall, King, Wood, Waghorn

Cain has a very bad injury

I want to see us taking the cups seriously this season.

Bollox to all the 'save it for the league' stuff. I'd like to see the club enjoy a decent run in the cup as well as competing well in the league. Having been lucky enough to see us doing well in the League Cup, I know how exciting it can get and the momentum it can give the team.

One of my biggest disappointments last season was the way in which we went out of both cups in a pathetic fashion. I really don't want to see that happen again.

Totally agree Col

Remember though, many people blamed our downturn in form due to rotating the squad playing a weakened team in the FA Cup match, just bare that in mind.

I'd personally say they were completely wrong.

This! The experience they got from the cup run was priceless in the play-offs. Not to mention the mental boost it gave them. It was loosing the cup game to Huddersfield that started our downward spiral last year.

Cain has a very bad injury

Does he? My bad, and that's a blow. He's the youth player I'm most keen on seeing. Looks like the type of player I like with a very bright future if he wants it enough.

Would like to see Konch as am LCB as he might be required to do it. I think SSL will be rested as he was the only one to play 90 vs Northampton and Boro.

Not sure if Zoom is fully fit and we could do with the more forward thinking Dyer in this one. Reckon Marshall will play CAM for the same reason and would keep DD after his performance. Can rest James or King then.

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Konchesky

RDL - King - Marshall - Drinkwater - Dyer

Nugent - Vardy

I want to see us taking the cups seriously this season.

Bollox to all the 'save it for the league' stuff. I'd like to see the club enjoy a decent run in the cup as well as competing well in the league. Having been lucky enough to see us doing well in the League Cup, I know how exciting it can get and the momentum it can give the team.

One of my biggest disappointments last season was the way in which we went out of both cups in a pathetic fashion. I really don't want to see that happen again.

Totally agree Col. Flukes can happen in the league Cup, see Bradford. I loved our cup run when we won at Forest, Villa and then went to Chelsea. Couple of good games at Fulham too.

I get the feeling Pearson doesn't seem bothered about cup games so my bet would be a relatively week side with fringe players and kids being involved.shame because we should really go for them to get a winning mentality going.

I'm in the 'it's all about the league points' camp. Getting players match-fit would govern my selection. Some need exposure to positions in case we are carrying injuries come Sunday. Also, some need exposure if they are to be sold.

Logan

Moore - Morgan - Konch

Dyer - Danns - Drinkwater - Schlupp

Knocky

Waghorn - Vardy

There is ample there to beat WW if they apply themselves.

Hope he puts out a team capable of doing the job, I grow a bit tired of people claiming we've got no chance of doing anything in it, or that a good cup run automatically means you'll struggle to go up. Please see Bradford City last season for both points.

Archived