Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sharpe's Fox

Wycombe Wanderers (A) League Cup Pre-Match

Similar squad and formation, but bring in a couple players that missed out on Saturday. Let the ones who did well carry on, though.

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - SSL*

RDL - Schlupp

James - DD

Marshall

Vardy - Waghorn

Bench: Logan, Bakayogo, Taft, King, Dyer, Knocky, Nugent, Wood

SSL is there 'cos we don't really have any other first-team options at CB, and I don't think Taft should start just yet. Can't figure out who to drop from the bench though, Nugent maybe if he's still not 100%

Don't think NP will put out a weak squad, not after Burton last year...

Edit: realised I missed Konch out as well after dropping him from the XI.. not sure where I'd put him/who I'd drop in his place. Probably SSL

For me no, because even though we won yesterday and it was good second half performance i still don't think that was our best XI, the tactics we played yesterday would suit Wycombe, we need to look play more attacking.

Team:

Kasper, De Laet, Morgan, Moore, Bakayogo, James, King, Dyer, Schlupp, Nugent & Vardy.

Bench:

Logan, St Ledger, Konchesky, Marshall, Drinkwater, Waghorn & Wood.

I don't think we'll see Knocky!

Another game, another chance for the defence to get to grips with 352

I'd stick with broadly the same team, although could we play Zoom in place of Konch to help grow his match sharpness... And get Dannzy, & Knockaert on the bench so they can get some time on the pitch.

Not sure on Nugent's injury, but would be good to grow the Nugent/Vardy partnership

Schmeichel

Moore Morgan SSL

RDL King James Drinkwater Zoom

Vardy Nugent

Logan Knockaert Dannzy Waghorn Taft Caine Wood

Another game, another chance for the defence to get to grips with 352

I'd stick with broadly the same team, although could we play Zoom in place of Konch to help grow his match sharpness... And get Dannzy, & Knockaert on the bench so they can get some time on the pitch.

Not sure on Nugent's injury, but would be good to grow the Nugent/Vardy partnership

Schmeichel

Moore Morgan SSL

RDL King James Drinkwater Zoom

Vardy Nugent

Logan Knockaert Dannzy Waghorn Taft Caine Wood

Cain is injured

Hopper is in front of Taft as a centre half

Team:

Kasper, De Laet, Morgan, Moore, St Ledger, Bakayogo, James, King, Knocky, Nugent & Vardy.

Subs: Schlupp, Konch, Logan, Waghorn, Wood, Marshall, Drinkwater

Similar team to Boro, I wouldnt change the team drastically in case we do a Huddlesfield. 

Has Konchesky played at centre back at all in Pre season?

Not sure, but we moved him there during Blackpool home game & brought Schlupp to LB when Konch was getting skinned for pace.

Moore Morgan Konch

Could work, it keeps us a 1st team CB on the bench too & an ability to rotate should form or fatigue require it. Then with Zoom, Schlupp or Dyer at wingback we have ample pace to protect Konch... And we can attack down the left with pace, rather than diagonal hoofs, like RDL can down the right.

Moore, bakayogo, nugent and Marshall/knockaert in for whitbread, konchesky, James and wood.

Need keep same formation for continuity, whilst giving couple of players like zoom and nuge some minutes after a quiet pre season. With James injury record I wouldn't risk playing him so much so soon. Wouldn't be against trying konchesky at left centre back instead of st ledger.

Wouldn't be surprised to see us lose, can't be doing with extra time and that though so go for it.

We will probably change formation I think, so the likes of Dyer can have a go, because he doesn't really fit a 3-5-2.

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Hopper - Bakayogo

Marshall - Danns - James - Dyer

Waghorn - Wood

Subs - Logan, St Ledger, Konchesky, Knockaert, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Vardy

Tough call really, lots of players who would benefit from getting a game under their belts, Zoom, Marshall, knocky, Schlupp, waggy, Dyer, then there are the young lads on the fringes.

SSL appeared to be a bit stiff yesterday, so I would play Konch in the back 3 and Zoom at left wing back. I would play either Marshall or knocky as a CAM behind vardy and Nugent.

We need to get plan A nailed, but no harm in having an eye on plan B.

We will probably change formation I think, so the likes of Dyer can have a go, because he doesn't really fit a 3-5-2.

Schmeichel

Moore - Morgan - Hopper - Bakayogo

Marshall - Danns - James - Dyer

Waghorn - Wood

Subs - Logan, St Ledger, Konchesky, Knockaert, Drinkwater, Schlupp, Vardy

You would put an inexperienced striker at CB over high potential George Taft? 

You would put an inexperienced striker at CB over high potential George Taft? 

Yes. 

Hopper has a squad number, Taft doesn't.

Hopper did well at centre back in pre season, and as it's a Cup game, I don't see the harm in playing him there. 

He could be the next Steve Walsh  :ph34r:  lol

I think we are going to need our whole squad thus season get as many games into as many players as possible. Would not play Knocky against league 2 opposition they will kick him all over the park. Would keep Vardy in though see if he can get another goal on 2.

Schemichael

Taft SSL hooper

Moore Schluup

Danns. Drinkwater

Marshall

Wood. Vardy

Subs: Logan Waggy king dyer Gallagher Morgan zooma

Archived