Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Konch - moving on....

Am I the only one who remembers how poor Schlupp was at left back last season?

If he is on that kind of wage though I think he has to go. Shame I liked Konch.

To be honest I thought he showed promise there and teamed up well with dyer. He kept Blackpool very quiet.

He has been a good servant to the club but I'm not at all suprised considering his wages. If you factor in his age and the fact that we do have options in that position then I do not think it is a bad time for him to go.

He was ok for us, perhaps a little more in his first season but he's on the decline massively now. Good move for all concerned, he gets a new bumper contract at QPR (who seem intent on financial ruin) which is closer to where he's from and we get rid of a high earner who wasn't massively important to the team.

They can afford all of their players due to the parachute payments and their relegation 'bonus' though.

30k???surely not.

He was under contract at Liverpool though and was in their first team, would he really drop down a division for much less money than he was already earning?

Conjecture aside, the deal must have been sweet and realistically is surely unsustainable for the Championship

QPR are different though, they have £22m relegation bonus, plus £12m from the dubious Christopher Samba deal which to me looks like a FFP scam.

I'm surprised Bakayogo hasn't featured yet 

He didn't have a club for the bulk of the summer & when he arrived NP said he was several weeks behind in match sharpness.

He'd surely be preferred there to the Schluppmeister unless he's vastly improved at LB

Anyone know if he bic razor's his ballbag too?

Nah, he used one of those epilator things till it broke, same one he used on his head. Judging by the state of his noggin now I'd hate to think what his nutsack looks like now.

I'll be happy if we get £1million(+) for him. Had a great career, had a nice spell here at Leicester but we need to move on now. Although I do think we might need another left full back, even with the addition of Zoom.

Good player but his performance level dropped throughout last season, and I wouldn't say his current ability is proportional to his wage. Would get welcomed back by me though and it's a shame he's on such a high wage or he'd be worth keeping.

£1m, I'd be surprised if we get any real fee for him.  Then again with QPR who knows?  

If I was going in to negotiate with Leicester I'd just offer to take his wages off the wage bill for free.  This does come from the Arsene Wenger school of negotiations though

I'll be happy if we get £1million(+) for him. Had a great career, had a nice spell here at Leicester but we need to move on now.

I honestly think there's no chance of that mate. I'd be very surprised if we get any more than £250k for him. I expect he'll leave on a free.

Agree with your other points though - he's been a very solid signing for us on the pitch and has rarely let us down. Not such a good signing from a purely financial perspective though- £94k a month? That's obscene.

Wish him well wherever he goes next. Can't see him playing regularly for QPR if that's where he's heading.

We are now losing a player who has quality, and that is worrying, but not surprising. 

Let me guess....you're saying this because NP is making this decision??

He is too old..won't be no good next season to matter what league we are in...so it will give schlupp and bakayogo an extra 12 months experience.

Someone who works at club saw his wage slip and according to him he comes out with 94k a month

whoever said that is talking out of their a-hole. if he comes out with 94k paying the 50% tax rate that's 188k a month earnings before tax.. no way is he on nearly 50k a week. IMO

He was under contract at Liverpool though and was in their first team, would he really drop down a division for much less money than he was already earning?

Conjecture aside, the deal must have been sweet and realistically is surely unsustainable for the Championship

QPR are different though, they have £22m relegation bonus, plus £12m from the dubious Christopher Samba deal which to me looks like a FFP scam.

He didn't have a club for the bulk of the summer & when he arrived NP said he was several weeks behind in match sharpness.

He'd surely be preferred there to the Schluppmeister unless he's vastly improved at LB

They don't have to comply with FFP but the £12 million they say they've received for Samba is extraordinary bullshit. In fact I admire their bravado in claiming that it happened.

Archived