Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Konch - moving on....

Think it vital to free up wages,BUT we do need to add to the squad esp in midfield and may be a striker on loan.I assume NP thinks JS can cover at LB but i have to say looked out of his depth in some games last season so i hope the new guy can step up!

Just a thought - Miguel has played left back for Arsenal. I know Arsenal fans say he is poor in that position, however at Championship level he maybe ok in a flat back 4, whilst Bakayogo or Schlupp may play as wing backs in a 352 formation.

He's been a good player for us - dependable and solid but I think his age is catching up with him a bit. Probably on high wages, and with Schlupp and Bakayogo (how can he STILL not be match fit by the way?!) we have plenty of cover.

Konch out will free up some cash to hopefully get a quality player in.

a 35 day month? nope, not on this planet, what planet are you on?

He means a 5 week month in terms of pay. As in, you might get paid a week earlier in Dec to buy Xmas presents so therefore you have a 5 week month before you get paid again. Surely you've heard of that?!

On another note - cant understand why people think we're going to get a significant fee for Konch - absolutely no chance IMHO. Someone will be taking one of our highest earners off our hands, it'll be a nominal fee at best. Don't get your hopes up that we'll get a transfer fee that we can do much with.

I can't see any high earning players being able to command much of a fee outside a Premiership transfer unless they are young.

Ill miss Konch but anyone on that kind of salary puts the club at risk with FFP and has to move on or take a sizeable cut.

whoever said that is talking out of their a-hole. if he comes out with 94k paying the 50% tax rate that's 188k a month earnings before tax.. no way is he on nearly 50k a week. IMO

Does that include performance bonuses? Are they tax free? And he would be in the higher rate of tax bracket, but he wouldn't pay 50% tax on everything, and is probably doing some tax dodging creative accounting, so it may not be as ridiculous as you think.

Does that include performance bonuses? Are they tax free? And he would be in the higher rate of tax bracket, but he wouldn't pay 50% tax on everything, and is probably doing some tax dodging creative accounting, so it may not be as ridiculous as you think.

Na he would pay 50% on everything above the allowance rates otherwise it would benefit everyone to just go onto minimum wage and go on performance pay if it was tax exempt regardless of what industry you are in

Archived