Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Grewks

Konch - moving on....

We'll miss him if this Bakayogo isn't good enough as Schlupp cannot be expected to play left back all season.

I do agree. The worrying think is people say that Bakayogo isn't as good defensively as he is going forward. No comment though personally considering I haven't seen him play yet.

He means a 5 week month in terms of pay. As in, you might get paid a week earlier in Dec to buy Xmas presents so therefore you have a 5 week month before you get paid again. Surely you've heard of that?!

On another note - cant understand why people think we're going to get a significant fee for Konch - absolutely no chance IMHO. Someone will be taking one of our highest earners off our hands, it'll be a nominal fee at best. Don't get your hopes up that we'll get a transfer fee that we can do much with.

If he's apparently on 94k/month (roughly £23.5k/w), then he's earning about 1.2m a year. say we get a 'nominal' fee of 300k and that goes to 1.5m. Then we could go out and buy a good quality championship player for just shy of 1m and put the rest towards a decent championship wage of 10k. Just getting him off the books would be enough for us to consider a transfer (or, more likely, a loan).

If 94k/month is his take-home pay, then we're probably paying him double that before tax, and by offloading him we could have even more cash to play with when looking for new players, or to offset any FFP worries with.

a 35 day month? nope, not on this planet, what planet are you on?

Earth as far as pay days go you have four five week months a year.

Unless you get paid every 4 weeks.

Then again paper boys get paid weekly so you would not know.

Schlupp is a makeshift full back.The experience will make him a better player but his skill can be best used further forward.

We have a small squad.With Konch going we need replacements.A few weeks ago there was speculation about Baird,coming from PL wages may be a difficulty but his versatility might appeal,can play CB,FB or DMF.A player in that mould would be a useful addition.

Konchesky has had some great games and some poor games, but overall I'd say he was a fairly solid member of our squad. Just a shame he's getting on in age, otherwise I would have been happy for him to stay. As it is though, he's probably only going to go downhill from here.

Schlupp seems fairly poor replacement left back to me, if I'm honest. I'm hoping this new guy might be good enough to make the step up.

I like Konchesky but given the wages he's reportedly on, this isn't a bad move for us. If he does move to QPR then hopefully they will cover his whole wages without us having to pay him off like we did with Beckford, Mills etc. Does anyone know if there's a transfer fee involved or if this is a free transfer?

Earth as far as pay days go you have four five week months a year.

Unless you get paid every 4 weeks.

Then again paper boys get paid weekly so you would not know.

Normally you get paid as monthly average, so if Konch was taking 94k a month 94x12/52.

So 21,700 a week, I'm not sure now whether that is pre or post tax.

I'll be happy if we get £1million(+) for him. Had a great career, had a nice spell here at Leicester but we need to move on now. Although I do think we might need another left full back, even with the addition of Zoom.

Schlupp + Miquel?

Let me guess....you're saying this because NP is making this decision??

He is too old..won't be no good next season to matter what league we are in...so it will give schlupp and bakayogo an extra 12 months experience.

Rubbish. This is typical of your ilk. It will not even be Pearson's decision, as he has very little say in such matters now.

"won't be no good next season" You are using a double negative, and stating that he WILL be good next season.  lol  lol

I think he was 1 of the good signing Sven made and 1 of the only players who came remotely close to merit his wage.

I'd only want him to go if we have a decent replacement, if not keep him untill end of the season 

Miquel is on loan isn't he, although it is a season. Can you see Schlupp being our full time left full back? I can't really.

He's not bad for a third choice LB though? And Keane was a full time CB even though he was a loan last season. 

If there is one thing nige is good at is sorting us out defensively so I'm not too worried. I am more concerned about us playing too many midfielders and strikers with very similar styles. I am pleased that we are changing the formation but the blend doesn't seem quote right yet.

Can you see Schlupp being our full time left full back? I can't really.

Neither can I. My best mate was at the game on sat and he was saying that the Derby RB (Freeman I think) was giving Jeffrey all sorts of problems - not helped by the fact that JS seems to drift inside almost absent-mindedly, leaving the opposing full back / winger with loads of time and space. He felt that could have cost us the game against a better wide player.

Archived