Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
JonnyBoy

fight after the game

Guest MattP

The only thing that could have made the picture of shameless Mick in his Derby shirt funnier is if they had been sponsored by BP.

I'm not quite sure what your point is. If you're asking would I openly object to such behaviour then, yes, depending on circumstances; if you're point is that I wouldn't pipe up if my personal safety would be in jeopardy as a result, then no, of course not.

I'm not sure what the 'hiding behind a keyboard' refers to. I've provided my opinion on a subject discussed on an Internet based forum how else would I put my thoughts across?

You were trying too point out that because this was chanted at a football match, that somehow the people involved were cowards and wouldn't dare express such an opinion if not in a large group. When in reality, the world I live in jokes like the one flair shared are common place and rarely do I hear anyone get challenged in the way you do on here.

You were trying too point out that because this was chanted at a football match, that somehow the people involved were cowards and wouldn't dare express such an opinion if not in a large group. When in reality, the world I live in jokes like the one flair shared are common place and rarely do I hear anyone get challenged in the way you do on here.

Right, so such behaviour is 'the norm' in your 'world'?

Well, fortunately, it's not in mine and never will be.

Really!

Are some people to slow to realise that every time there's a 'scrap' at or associated with a football match it's gives the authorities the excuse to treat fans like criminals and adds more days to the wait for the return of standing. It matters not that it occurs in other areas of life the authorities don't care about that.

If you prefer to seemingly welcome these scraps you must love being herded, shoved, forced to take certain routes to games, banned from sections of towns and forced to sit. Hope you continue to enjoy that sort of treatment and experience.

Dont see whats wrong with a bit of a scrap? as long as innocent people dont get hurt its just part of the game

It's part of the game? Er, no it isn't. It's people who want to fight (for some reason) attaching themselves to the football.

And innocent people often get caught up in it, and views like yours do nothing to get rid of the view that football fans are hooligans and can't be trusted to be left alone responsibly.

Guest MattP

Really!

Are some people to slow to realise that every time there's a 'scrap' at or associated with a football match it's gives the authorities the excuse to treat fans like criminals and adds more days to the wait for the return of standing. It matters not that it occurs in other areas of life the authorities don't care about that.

If you prefer to seemingly welcome these scraps you must love being herded, shoved, forced to take certain routes to games, banned from sections of towns and forced to sit. Hope you continue to enjoy that sort of treatment and experience.

I agree with you, but even if the whole game went trouble free for 25 years the coppers would still behave the same towards football supporters, the damage is done now and too much of their resources and overtime is dependant on them treating us like it.

Hence why when the fans aren't fighting the coppers do a pretty good job of kicking it off themselves.

Really!

Surely that is more the fault of the authorities than the scrappers? If the government is itching to treat ordinary people like criminals and use the excuse of a handful of scuffling half-wits as justification, then perhaps we should all be directing our anger towards them.

I agree with you, but even if the whole game went trouble free for 25 years the coppers would still behave the same towards football supporters, the damage is done now and too much of their resources and overtime is dependant on them treating us like it.

Hence why when the fans aren't fighting the coppers do a pretty good job of kicking it off themselves.

You're correct I've seen plenty of provocative policing at football but never the less the attitude that fighting is part and parcel of the game will continue to prevent any progress, however small in the way fans are treated.

What is annoying is that a lot of this is done in the name of being provoked by other fans yet I get the impression that those that respond and get sucked into these fights have themselves been guilty of provocation. So many fans seemed to be unable to take some serious 'banter' yet are quite happy to dish it out.

Surely that is more the fault of the authorities than the scrappers? If the government is itching to treat ordinary people like criminals and use the excuse of a handful of scuffling half-wits as justification, then perhaps we should all be directing our anger towards them.

And many are but it's a losing battle when there are these half wits who can't see the damage they are doing.

As MattP said the damage was done a while ago which makes it really difficult to change opinions on who the majority of fans are. The authorities are in fear that if they released the constraints the bad days will return. Let's not forget that even in those bad days the majority of fans were not involved albeit many were driven away from watching.

Dont see whats wrong with a bit of a scrap? as long as innocent people dont get hurt its just part of the game

It's total bollocks about the hooligan code of ethics - in reality and more so nowadays innocents get picked off. Most of the trouble now is a group of 10/20 picking off whoever happens to be unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

It's total bollocks about the hooligan code of ethics - in reality and more so nowadays innocents get picked off. Most of the trouble now is a group of 10/20 picking off whoever happens to be unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Agree. But that is just the yob culture we live in full stop.

Part of the reason i love travelling away with a crowd. But would avoid town with a few mates. As for some reason the same people who would stand with you in the name of lcfc. Would happily kick shit out of you in town on a friday night.

****ing mental if you ask me.

Well this thread could go down a storm at Speakers Corner. Seriously saddened by the soapbox mentality, the mere fact that this has created such debate, vitriol and people taking the moral high ground is surely cyber bullying? Why not just meet up and have a good punch up? :P On a serious note as an old timer I would never want a return of the dark days of the 80s, glorifying these incidents however minor or major just fuels feelings, particularly in these tech savvy days!

Well this thread could go down a storm at Speakers Corner. Seriously saddened by the soapbox mentality, the mere fact that this has created such debate, vitriol and people taking the moral high ground is surely cyber bullying? Why not just meet up and have a good punch up? :P On a serious note as an old timer I would never want a return of the dark days of the 80s, glorifying these incidents however minor or major just fuels feelings, particularly in these tech savvy days!

Good post buddy..

:thumbup:

Archived