Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Gary Taylor-Fletcher

E

X

P

E

R

I

E

N

C

E

Has Waghorn been promoted in this league? Has Waghorn been a player for anywhere near the length of time GTF has? 

We have enough experience in other areas.

Signing Wasilewski and Hammond is enough.

Taylor-Fletcher can play on the wing, he can play as a centre forward.

We have an experienced winger in Dyer and an experienced centre forward in Nugent. We don't need another one.

Well, great assessment. But only time will tell whether Gary Taylor-Fletcher was a good or bad (or mediocre) signing.

Besides, EVERY footballer has his good or bad games - I don't get it why you're so keen on slagging off a player before he's even played in a competitive match for us.

Other people have slagged him off before he has even kicked a ball, and I put one comment as similar to others, then if people don't like it and quote my comment, then I have a right to answer. 

We loan out Waghorn, and get a player in similar who is just older and a bit slower. 

I've said he will probably have his good games, which 100% will probably be true, but it's just a strange signing, when we had a player similar to him in Waghorn.

If we wanted someone in, why not get in someone like Joe Mason on loan, he has a promotion under his belt, can score goals, adds pace and all that jazz.

Well, great assessment. But only time will tell whether Gary Taylor-Fletcher was a good or bad (or mediocre) signing.

Besides, EVERY footballer has his good or bad games - I don't get it why you're so keen on slagging off a player before he's even played in a competitive match for us.

Praps cos he's clueless

We have an experienced winger in Dyer and an experienced centre forward in Nugent. We don't need another one.

Other people have slagged him off before he has even kicked a ball, and I put one comment as similar to others, then if people don't like it and quote my comment, then I have a right to answer. 

We loan out Waghorn, and get a player in similar who is just older and a bit slower. 

I've said he will probably have his good games, which 100% will probably be true, but it's just a strange signing, when we had a player similar to him in Waghorn.

If we wanted someone in, why not get in someone like Joe Mason on loan, he has a promotion under his belt, can score goals, adds pace and all that jazz.

Waghorn simply isn't good enough ..... he didn't make it into the side for a reason ..... so change him, take a risk and bring someone in that adds something different.

Why are people so attached to players that are so average just because they have been here for a while????

:rolleyes:

I've already said, I share the same view as KingFox.

What is the point?

He might well add experience, but whats the point in being experienced if you're just plain shit?

There isn't. Presumably NP disagrees!??

:rolleyes:

There isn't. Presumably NP disagrees!??

Absolutely.

I hope i'm proven wrong and i'm not going to come on here 'giving it the big 'un' if he flops.

I really do want him to succeed but I just can't get excited about it. Sorry.

What I will say is that he seems to be a likeable player. Bit of a fan favourite type. Steve Howard/Barry Hales esque.

We need an out to out winger, with pace & get's assists.

So do we need a winger or not?

Just for a change, let him play a few games before tossing him on the Kingfox scrapheap.

People criticizing him obviously know something I dont, or they're morons who dont understand football. This bloke will just help to shore up the squad for a very big year. He might not have a huge impact on the pitch with his talent, but his experience and workrate will go a long way. Like Pearson said recently, we have a good mix of youth and experience now. Quite pleased with this, seems a nice bloke.

As someone who was watching him play when he was just plain old Gary Fletcher it's safe to say I love this man. He once gave me the nod in Lincoln Pizza Hut (while injured) before hobbling off with his takeaway pizza. I like to think we've had a special bond since.

He will be best mates with Ledge then, binge drinker and a binge eater in the same team.

Hardcore.

So do we need a winger or not?

Just for a change, let him play a few games before tossing him on the Kingfox scrapheap.

Yep we need one, we only really have Dyer and Knockaert, while Taylor-Fletcher can play there also now. 

But fans want to see, pace, tricks, someone capable of assisting like Ben Marshall, but with better all round quality.

We have brought in a winger/centre forward who is over 30, but there's someone like Joe Mason who isn't getting game time at Cardiff, why couldn't we have tried for him instead, he has a promotion under his belt, is much much younger, has enough pace, and plays the same positions.

Taylor-Fletcher is here on a one year contract, that's the equivalent of getting a player in on loan for a season. 

He has played on the wing before.

And if we stick him as a centre forward, what's the bloody point? We have Vardy, Nugent, Wood, Schlupp.

Rather of kept Waghorn. 

Just see this signing as pointless, he will be like Vassell, will have his good games, put in some effort then get released.

And Alan Young played in goal did not make him a goalkeeper.

Absolutely.

I hope i'm proven wrong and i'm not going to come on here 'giving it the big 'un' if he flops.

I really do want him to succeed but I just can't get excited about it. Sorry.

What I will say is that he seems to be a likeable player. Bit of a fan favourite type. Steve Howard/Barry Hales esque.

I know it's not a massively exciting signing in itself ..... but add three experienced heads to what was a very young side last year and we finally have some balance .....

It's also such a low risk signing .... we know he is good enough at this level and has a year in him and that's all we're giving him ..... surely better than keep persevering in case Waghorn ever becomes a footballer???

Good player. Said before we signed him on the free transfer thread he would be a good addition. Can play in a number of different places and has been part of a team that has been promoted only a few years ago.

Always thought he was an intelligent player and while not the world beater some muppets on here wanted, I think he will prove his worth at points this season.

He will be best mates with Ledge then, binge drinker and a binge eater in the same team.

Hardcore.

Yep we need one, we only really have Dyer and Knockaert, while Taylor-Fletcher can play there also now.

But fans want to see, pace, tricks, someone capable of assisting like Ben Marshall, but with better all round quality.

We have brought in a winger/centre forward who is over 30, but there's someone like Joe Mason who isn't getting game time at Cardiff, why couldn't we have tried for him instead, he has a promotion under his belt, is much much younger, has enough pace, and plays the same positions.

Taylor-Fletcher is here on a one year contract, that's the equivalent of getting a player in on loan for a season.

Maybe Joe wasn't available. When was the last time you watched GTF play?

Yeah like whats his name?

He'll line up alongside

GK You know...

LB Oh yeah! CB Nope CB Didn't he play for? RB Did he get a game?

LW Was that under Levien CM I didn't go much that season CM Whats his name RW Did he?

CF Thingybob CF Whats his face 

(this is crying out to be photoshopped)

Personally i think he's a good signing and exactly what we need ..... as have been the last 3 signings ......

Yes they aren't a marquee signing but they add massive amounts of experience and are all winners. ...... they will be snapping at the current teams ankles to get in the side and add that all important experience and strength in depth that let us down last season.

How anyone can rather have Waghorn is absolutely beyond me - Did you not watch him play????

He was average at best, young yes, but not improving and added nothing to the side apart from a headless chicken ..... you can't improve a squad by not getting rid of p[layers that aren't good enough and taking a risk with someone you think is.

I'm actually being won over by NP with signings like these.

Whooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaoooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhh wooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhh totally agree Waller very happy with the business done :D

Archived