Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Gary Taylor-Fletcher

Like some others have already said I'd rather we signed players experienced in this division who offer something like GTF on short term deals than bringing in inexperienced youngsters on loan to back-up are already young squad. It's a decent strategy by NP if this is the case.

When I've seen GTF play in my view he's a clever footballer with plenty of skill and is creative in front of goal. His best position would probably be where Nugent plays (pushes out wide) when we bring on Wood to partner Vardy, but I'm sure he could also play in a sort of Sheringham role maybe. Wherever he fits in though he's a decent addition to have who adds experience and something different to what we already have.

It looks as though he's lost loads of weight too, he's looking fitter than he did at Blackpool so he's definitely been putting the hard work in.

One word for this signing, springs to mind.

POINTLESS

Don't rate this signing at all, fat, will probably be lacking fitness, got rejected by Millwall and is over 30.

Why are we signing somebody like that?

Because Millwall's judgement (excluding Martyn Waghorn) is ****ing awful.

POINTLESS

Don't rate this signing at all, fat, will probably be lacking fitness, got rejected by Millwall and is over 30.

another person who cant read i give up, feel sorry for him signing for you getting slagged before hes kicked a ball by people who probably never really seen him play, ive watched him a lot at blackpool and he was a very good player for them,

versatile and will score and create goals, someone who can grab a goal or an assist in a very tight game. can hold the ball up well and very rarerly gives the ball away, perfect for you in your push for promotion. hes been training with you all week do you think he would be offered a deal if hes fat and unfit, doesnt say a lot about how much you trust or respect your managers judgement. with this mentality no wonder you have struggled to get out the championship you basically right off your players before they have kicked a ball, never seen so many negative people in one place, if its this bad at your home games you got no chance of staying in an automatic promotion position

I'm actually chuffed to bits with this. I was reading that thread with the list of all unattached players last week and actually pointed out Taylor-Fletcher as someone I thought would be ideal for us. For lots of different reasons.

Feeling really positive about the season now, I think Pearson has learned a lot from last season and had made some important and impressive changes. This being the latest one.

POINTLESS

I have a feeling you and others will be eating their words KF.

Very happy with this !

All our current forwards cannot hold the ball up, back to goal strikers are footballers I.e will hold it long enough to bring other players into the game..we will see more games out.

GTF has skills for a big man, puts himself about .

Can also play as a three man strike force out right. Useful at set pieces .

Win win ? Free and experienced ....

With the other two signings ,we now have many options in our squad to play any formation at any pint of a game!

Horses for courses (so to speak)

After the start we have had ..... Game on!

Very happy with this !

All our current forwards cannot hold the ball up, back to goal strikers are footballers I.e will hold it long enough to bring other players into the game..we will see more games out.

GTF has skills for a big man, puts himself about .

Can also play as a three man strike force out right. Useful at set pieces .

Win win ? Free and experienced ....

With the other two signings ,we now have many options in our squad to play any formation at any point of a game!

Horses for courses (so to speak)

After the start we have had ..... Game on!

I agree with this, and  speaking as someone who had lost faith in Pearson, by the end of last season, i`ve been quite impressed with his additions so far this season.

He has brought in some experience and added options, to compliment a young but talented squad, that lacked exactly that last season.

Well done Nigel!

POINTLESS

Pearson wouldn't have signed him if he was over the hill fitness wise. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do to be honest.

Two of the main problems last season were the lack of experience and lack of depth, and this signing eases both of those concerns. Taylor-Fletcher has done well in this league before, and this will be a cheap, low risk signing on a one or two year deal.

To those worried about his fitness, knowing Nigel he would not have signed him if he didn't think his fitness was up to scratch. One of the hallmarks of a Nigel Pearson side is their fitness levels, so I'm sure GTF will be whipped into shape very quickly.

Good signing for me.

I agree

I fvcking pray GTF doesn't come across this thread or site for that matter.

I truly believe we have the mongiest and most delusional 'fans' in the country. Talk about writing off a player before he's even kicked a ball.

Then of course, I'll have the wrath of the fvcking "told-you-so" brigade to deal with the first time he fvcks up.

It's amazing that nobody is showing faith in the management that has got us to the summit. But of course, we fans all know better don't we?

POINTLESS

You really are a disabled, aren't you?

I fvcking pray GTF doesn't come across this thread or site for that matter.

I truly believe we have the mongiest and most delusional 'fans' in the country. Talk about writing off a player before he's even kicked a ball.

Then of course, I'll have the wrath of the fvcking "told-you-so" brigade to deal with the first time he fvcks up.

It's amazing that nobody is showing faith in the management that has got us to the summit. But of course, we fans all know better don't we?

A lot of people have posted on this thread of their support for this pragmatic signing by the management team.

I take your point though, some fans are never happy and sometimes makes FT a depressing read with the inane negative dribble that's posted for the sake of it.

Have you got selective reading?

No, it's the negative comments I'm referring to. They seem to overpower the positives in here. I can see there's support for this signing in this thread.

We really have special supporters, the same inbreds a that boo after a stray pass in the first 3 minutes of a game.

Pearson wouldn't have signed him if he was over the hill fitness wise. 

I'm looking forward to seeing what he can do to be honest.

He got rejected by Millwall, I've seen him have his good games, but this signing doesn't strike with me confidence, it's a boring signing.

You really are a disabled, aren't you?

Nope my opinion is valid enough.

Forest sign Chalobah, Watford sign McEachran, and we go and sign Taylor-Fletcher.

Yes we needed a winger, but something we lack in the side is pace, and I prefer young fresher legs on the wing.

If it was a player over 30 in any other position, apart from wing back or a winger, then I would see the point in it, but I don't see the point of getting in a winger who is 30+, his legs are about past it.

And all this bollocks about, he ain't even kicked a ball yet, we were sucking up to the likes of DJ Campbell & Beckford before they kicked a ball once before.

Taylor-Fletcher isn't capable of starting, and doesn't strike me with any excitement unfortunately. 

Archived