Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Gary Taylor-Fletcher

He got rejected by Millwall, I've seen him have his good games, but this signing doesn't strike with me confidence, it's a boring signing.

Nope my opinion is valid enough.

Forest sign Chalobah, Watford sign McEachran, and we go and sign Taylor-Fletcher.

Yes we needed a winger, but something we lack in the side is pace, and I prefer young fresher legs on the wing.

If it was a player over 30 in any other position, apart from wing back or a winger, then I would see the point in it, but I don't see the point of getting in a winger who is 30+, his legs are about past it.

And all this bollocks about, he ain't even kicked a ball yet, we were sucking up to the likes of DJ Campbell & Beckford before they kicked a ball once before.

Taylor-Fletcher isn't capable of starting, and doesn't strike me with any excitement unfortunately. 

We lack the odd thing here and there but I wouldn't put pace at the top of the list!

Nuge, Vardy, Dyer, De laet, Schlupp, Moore are all quick players and it's not like we have many slouches - although Hammond and Konchesky can probably go in the slow category.

It's not an exciting signing like a McEachran, Chalobah or Billy Sharp but isn't it always Nigel's least exciting signings that turn out to be the most effective?

I think GTF is a solid signing, adding experience as well as the ability to hold up the ball. The guy doesn't lack skill and effort and think he will complement the squad well.

Win Win signing for me!

He got rejected by Millwall, I've seen him have his good games, but this signing doesn't strike with me confidence, it's a boring signing.

Forest sign Chalobah, Watford sign McEachran, and we go and sign Taylor-Fletcher.

Yes we needed a winger, but something we lack in the side is pace, and I prefer young fresher legs on the wing.

If it was a player over 30 in any other position, apart from wing back or a winger, then I would see the point in it, but I don't see the point of getting in a winger who is 30+, his legs are about past it.

And all this bollocks about, he ain't even kicked a ball yet, we were sucking up to the likes of DJ Campbell & Beckford before they kicked a ball once before.

Taylor-Fletcher isn't capable of starting, and doesn't strike me with any excitement unfortunately. 

We need a bit of experience, that's what cost us from slipping down the table last season.  I think Pearson has made 3 sensible signings with the players he has bought in.  They are not 'flashy' signings by any means, but when the going get's tough (which it will) these are the sorts of players that will come to the fore. On a cold Januray evening when we need some spunk from somewhere, i'm hoping these lads will step up!   Chalobah and McEachran are good players but are not what we need at the moment.  

We need a bit of experience, that's what cost us from slipping down the table last season.  I think Pearson has made 3 sensible signings with the players he has bought in.  They are not 'flashy' signings by any means, but when the going get's tough (which it will) these are the sorts of players that will come to the fore. On a cold Januray evening when we need some spunk from somewhere, i'm hoping these lads will step up!   Chalobah and McEachran are good players but are not what we need at the moment.  

Waiting for BJS to appear lol

We lack the odd thing here and there but I wouldn't put pace at the top of the list!

Nuge, Vardy, Dyer, De laet, Schlupp, Moore are all quick players and it's not like we have many slouches - although Hammond and Konchesky can probably go in the slow category.

It's not an exciting signing like a McEachran, Chalobah or Billy Sharp but isn't it always Nigel's least exciting signings that turn out to be the most effective?

I think GTF is a solid signing, adding experience as well as the ability to hold up the ball. The guy doesn't lack skill and effort and think he will complement the squad well.

Win Win signing for me!

Fair enough, but just not my cup of tea, we already have one experienced winger in Dyer who is good enough, we don't need another. We've brought in enough experience with Hammond & Wasilewski. We've got Schmeichel, Morgan, Konchesky, Hammond, King, Dyer, Nugent all experienced as well. I just don't see what Taylor-Fletcher adds apart from just experience. In my opinion, we needed an out to out winger, with pace and who has younger fresher legs, because Knockaert has a knack of drifting inside, looking for the ball, and trying to be creative from the centre of the field. That's why people on here mentioned Marc Albrighton, a perfect ideal solution. Not a 32 year old, who is on the tubby side and is getting past his best years, just a strange and pointless signing in my opinion.

We got enough experience now, but GTF is a player who will have his good games, but is past his sell by date.

He will probably be a bit like when we had Vassell. 

Your opinion would be valid if he was a winger. He isn't

you are a disabled who doesnt back up his statements with facts or even bother to read previous posts HE DID NOT GET REJECTED BY MILLWALL he trained with them and got offered a contract untill the end of the season

and he turned it down ,but i have mentioned this about 4 times in posts so you havent even bothered reading them , hes a wide midfield player not a winger but i suppose you dont bother looking things up, he can play upfront

and is a very good link up player your forwards will benefit a lot from him, he will create chances and will score goals, but you will probably give him one game before writing him off, he needs a few run outs to get match fitness

and sharpness and you will see the best of him

Surely the signing of GTF is another piece in completing Pearson's Jigsaw. Whilst GTF is not the marque signing of the year, I seem to recall the euphoria of signing Mills, Danns, Beckford et al on this site (probably me included) and you have to say that they've offer FA to the team. So, I trust the judgement of the management team and see the signing of GTF as a useful addition to our squad that gives us a variety of options. Whilst the starting XI may very well turn out to be those who've played at home recently, I think Pearson realises that we had limitations away from home last year and the players he has brought in will hopefully make us more solid on our travels.

Kingfox really ought to change the record now, it's getting a bit boring. I thought you had better banter than this!!

Seriously though, comparing this signing to that of Chalobah and McEachran. McEachran has failed to live up to the hype wherever he had been sent on loan. Clearly has got potential but I think he's got a lot to learn and prove yet. And I think a lot of people might have let Chalobah's goal against us cloud their judgement. Again, I'm sure he will become an awesome player but at the moment I don't think either of those are what we need right now.

Pearson tried the young loanee route last year with mixed results. Everyone was raving about Harry Kane for about a year before he came here, and look what a disaster he was. Keane was a much better player and did well for us but I still think it could be argued that an older, experienced, rough, player might have better suited us. Someone like Wayne Brown in Pearson's first spell here. Pearson has seen this though I'm sure, and the signings of Hammond, Wasilewski, and now Taylor-Fletcher are the result.

If they were being signed up on 3 & 4 year deals then I think we could probably complain, but Nigel obviously thinks they can help us achieve our goal this year and I don't blame him.

Think the experience of the players we have brought in will help around the training ground as much as the match the day. Inexperience cost us last season.

Would love GTF to come off the bench and bag the winner today.

He's not even a winger lol

Seems to me someone's been looking through the free transfer list over the past few weeks. I had my doubts wasyl was a Pearson signing and this even more so, has never been Pearsons way.

Bruno Berner, Chris Powell, Marc Edworthy, Nobby Solano

Players everyone thought were past it or injury prone and every one of them did a job for us when called upon. Berner was a machine, which I'm confident Wasyl will be and Powell was just a huge influence about the place.

Pearson's track record with experienced players that he's signed is actually very good, he just doesn't do it very often. As he's said he'll only ever bring in players of this ilk if they still have the desire to achieve and the ability.

I'm always less certain his younger signings will do the business, especially the ones he brings in on loan.

Makes me laugh at all the moaners. How many have seen him play more than once or twice a season against us, other than the football league show and FIFA (it's not real) I doubt the majority on here know anything about him really. One person who has seen him play regularly and comes on here to tell us that were getting a decent player yet people still moan thinking they know best. Last season our lack of experience crippled us. Pearson is attempting to put this right with the signings of Hammond, wasi, and fletcher, if it works out only time will tell but if they don't work on FIFA it doesn't mean it won't in REAL life. Let's give them time to form our judgements.

To be fair, this thread shows that Pearson 'can't win'...

Many of us were calling for an older head at the club, both on and off the field. Primarily to gee-up the younger players when their confidence was dropping.

Well, now he's got one... And people are still fookin moaning.

:angry:

I fvcking pray GTF doesn't come across this thread or site for that matter.

I truly believe we have the mongiest and most delusional 'fans' in the country. Talk about writing off a player before he's even kicked a ball.

Then of course, I'll have the wrath of the fvcking "told-you-so" brigade to deal with the first time he fvcks up.

It's amazing that nobody is showing faith in the management that has got us to the summit. But of course, we fans all know better don't we?

I really don't understand it. Are there just more ****** in the midlands or something?

Archived