Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Gary Taylor-Fletcher

I really don't understand it. Are there just more ****** in the midlands or something?

No just our's still think we should be spending money the club don't and never has had.

But hey whats another few mill debt when you owe 50mill plus.

Anyway why have we not been in for Messi? lol lol lol

One word for this signing, springs to mind.

POINTLESS

Don't rate this signing at all, fat, will probably be lacking fitness, got rejected by Millwall and is over 30.

Why are we signing somebody like that?

Why can't you read?

There's only just so much false information you can include in one single post.

Sometimes, I wonder if you actually even bother at times.

Your opinion would be valid if he was a winger. He isn't

He's not even a winger lol

He has played on the wing before.

And if we stick him as a centre forward, what's the bloody point? We have Vardy, Nugent, Wood, Schlupp.

Rather of kept Waghorn. 

Kingfox really ought to change the record now, it's getting a bit boring. I thought you had better banter than this!!

Seriously though, comparing this signing to that of Chalobah and McEachran. McEachran has failed to live up to the hype wherever he had been sent on loan. Clearly has got potential but I think he's got a lot to learn and prove yet. And I think a lot of people might have let Chalobah's goal against us cloud their judgement. Again, I'm sure he will become an awesome player but at the moment I don't think either of those are what we need right now.

Pearson tried the young loanee route last year with mixed results. Everyone was raving about Harry Kane for about a year before he came here, and look what a disaster he was. Keane was a much better player and did well for us but I still think it could be argued that an older, experienced, rough, player might have better suited us. Someone like Wayne Brown in Pearson's first spell here. Pearson has seen this though I'm sure, and the signings of Hammond, Wasilewski, and now Taylor-Fletcher are the result.

If they were being signed up on 3 & 4 year deals then I think we could probably complain, but Nigel obviously thinks they can help us achieve our goal this year and I don't blame him.

Just see this signing as pointless, he will be like Vassell, will have his good games, put in some effort then get released.

And if we stick him as a centre forward, what's the bloody point? We have Vardy, Nugent, Wood, Schlupp.

Rather of kept Waghorn. 

Just see this signing as pointless, he will be like Vassell, will have his good games, put in some effort then get released.

I doubt he will be on as much as Vassell.

However, wasn't the point of Vassell that he would have some good games and put in some effort?  He also scored a few goals too if I remember rightly.

I really don't know what else you were expecting of him?  Half-time entertainment?  Set you up with a nice date?  Cure cancer???

Apologies for the sarcasm but I'm getting hacked off with the bratishness of a fair few City fans now.

Rather of kept Waghorn. 

And that's a bad thing?

Well what's the problem then? He plays few games, makes a small impact, helps us pick up valuable points then leaves. He'll hardly go down as a club legend, but if he helps us pick up vital points to get promoted then how can it be pointless?

You really are clueless on just about every subject aren't you?

And that's a bad thing?

Yep.

We send Waghorn out on loan, and get him in?

Pointless, rather of kept Waghorn he scores the odd goal, puts in just as much effort, and is younger. 

We need an out to out winger, with pace & get's assists.

Not a guy on a year deal, who is over 30.

To be fair, this thread shows that Pearson 'can't win'...

Many of us were calling for an older head at the club, both on and off the field. Primarily to gee-up the younger players when their confidence was dropping.

Well, now he's got one... And people are still fookin moaning.

:angry:

Morning Col.

You are right. I criticized him, without giving him the opportunity to show what he can do. I can't remember if I posted, as I was suffering from over indulging in alcohol. He is an older head, and that will help, but I do feel a defender makes a better captain, as they see more of what's going on in front of them. Just an opinion, and doesn't mean I'm right.

Yep.

Pointless, rather of kept Waghorn he scores the odd goal, puts in just as much effort, and is younger. 

I remember the utter drivel you posted about Matty James when he signed so forgive me if I don't hang on your every word.

At the risk of repeating half the posts on here, GTF is not a winger! He's a forward who can hold up and head a ball which is something we currently lack.

He could prove to be invaluable in some games this season where we need to go more direct, or are under pressure and need someone up front who'll keep hold of the ball rather than it keep coming back.

It's an odd signing if you ask me, not reallya typical Pearson signing. I can see the logic in bringing him in and loaning out waghorn, waghorn needs games Fletcher will be a willing squad player, but he is going to behind vardy, Nugent, wood and then what about Schlupp, are his days as a striker over?

Not going to criticise him as I have no idea how he is at the moment.

My only concern is that this isn't a Pearson signing and that it may be the DOF's work and Pearson might not want him here.

Yep.

Your right

He'll be a waste of space just like Cottee Speedie and Marshall.

Rather of kept Waghorn. 

I remember the utter drivel you posted about Matty James when he signed so forgive me if I don't hang on your every word.

At the risk of repeating half the posts on here, GTF is not a winger! He's a forward who can hold up and head a ball which is something we currently lack.

He could prove to be invaluable in some games this season where we need to go more direct, or are under pressure and need someone up front who'll keep hold of the ball rather than it keep coming back.

Waghorn can hold a ball up though can't he?

Waghorn can score the odd goal?

Taylor-Fletcher is like an older version of Waghorn. Waghorn went through a rusty patch, but last season when he got a good run in the side, performed pretty well, then he fell out of favour again for some reason, when we all thought he was picking up some form.

Rather of kept Waghorn.

Some people think this signing is a strange one like myself, but I'm not scared to voice my opinions, and if that makes me controversial then so be it. 

I've got things right and wrong in the past, and I will probably be left with egg on my face on a subject later down the line as well, but will I be bothered.

No I won't.

Waghorn can hold a ball up though can't he?

Waghorn can score the odd goal?

Taylor-Fletcher is like an older version of Waghorn. Waghorn went through a rusty patch, but last season when he got a good run in the side, performed pretty well, then he fell out of favour again for some reason, when we all thought he was picking up some form.

Rather of kept Waghorn.

Some people think this signing is a strange one like myself, but I'm not scared to voice my opinions, and if that makes me controversial then so be it. 

I've got things right and wrong in the past, and I will probably be left with egg on my face on a subject later down the line as well, but will I be bothered.

No I won't.

E

X

P

E

R

I

E

N

C

E

Has Waghorn been promoted in this league? Has Waghorn been a player for anywhere near the length of time GTF has? 

Personally i think he's a good signing and exactly what we need ..... as have been the last 3 signings ......

Yes they aren't a marquee signing but they add massive amounts of experience and are all winners. ...... they will be snapping at the current teams ankles to get in the side and add that all important experience and strength in depth that let us down last season.

How anyone can rather have Waghorn is absolutely beyond me - Did you not watch him play????

He was average at best, young yes, but not improving and added nothing to the side apart from a headless chicken ..... you can't improve a squad by not getting rid of p[layers that aren't good enough and taking a risk with someone you think is.

I'm actually being won over by NP with signings like these.

Rather of kept Waghorn.

Well, great assessment. But only time will tell whether Gary Taylor-Fletcher was a good or bad (or mediocre) signing.

Besides, EVERY footballer has his good or bad games - I don't get it why you're so keen on slagging off a player before he's even played in a competitive match for us.

Archived