Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MikeyT

Gary Taylor-Fletcher

Seriously why are we even considering signing this guy?! If he was still any good Blackpool wouldnt have let him go and he even got rejected by millwall! And whilst we're on the subject, what is the point of this Polish guy? We have Morgan, Moore, Whitbread, and Miquel. Even without St Ledger how are we going to keep all these guys happy? I can see Wenger kicking off soon about Miquels lack of game time too!

Gallagher has played 61 Premier League games. GT-F has played in 22 Premier League games.

Appearances and goals in Premier League in last 6 years:

- Gallagher: 1 appearance, 0 goals (all Gally's Premier League appearances were pre-2007)

- Taylor-Fletcher: 22 appearances, 5 goals (in 2010-11)

Appearances and goals in Championship last season:

- Gallagher: 7 appearances, 0 goals

- Taylor-Fletcher: 20 appearances, 3 goals

"There are lies, damned lies and statistics" (from Wiki), as the cliche goes...

Although I wouldn't expect GTF to be a season-transforming signing, I'd expect him to be a useful one - and think he's a lot more likely to fit into our style of play and to contribute to our season than Gally is... 

- Gallagher: 1 appearance, 0 goals (all Gally's Premier League appearances were pre-2007)

Although I wouldn't expect GTF to be a season-transforming signing, I'd expect him to be a useful one - and think he's a lot more likely to fit into our style of play and to contribute to our season than Gally is...

Plus Gally is a shit ****.

But the point was 'experience'.

A lot of people were saying we don't have experience in the side but we do. The likes of Wellens, Gallagher et al are as experienced as they come but we know they're not good enough.

I don't see what he offers to what we don't have. Seems a pointless signing.

This is just the sort of signing we need right now for me.

Experienced, quality player who has been promoted from this league.

He will also be happy just to have a contract and wont be complaining if he only plays a bit part.

Down the stretch last season it was this type of experienced player we lacked to show the kids the way, now we have 3/4 and that can only be a good thing going forward.

I think he is a decent enough signing and will be ok for us. Been there, done it, many times and obviously won promotion with Blackpool. Versatile and can bring a bit of experience to the squad, on the field, and in training.

Don't care if Blackpool released him, don't care if he failed a trial elsewhere, it's football and that happens. 

But the point was 'experience'.

A lot of people were saying we don't have experience in the side but we do. The likes of Wellens, Gallagher et al are as experienced as they come but we know they're not good enough.

I don't see what he offers to what we don't have. Seems a pointless signing.

From what I've seen of him, he works hard and keeps possession well, which could be very useful coming off the bench in a tight match. Gallagher may be experienced (and fairly skillful and a decent set piece taker), but his work ethic is poor and he's not great at keeping possession. Wellens worked hard but lacked mobility even before his legs went 

I could imagine GTF slotting into the sort of role that Nugent often takes late in a match - dropping back into midfield to make up a 5, but joining the attack and holding the ball up.

His career trajectory, spending so long in the lower leagues, but then successfully making his way up to Championship and then Premiership, also seems to say something very good about his attitude. That could be very useful if/when we go on a bad run. I'm not sure the same would apply to Gally (goes missing too much) or Wellens (bit of a whinger).

I'm not seeking to do down 2 players who've made a contribution in the past: Wellens played some lovely passes a couple of years back and always got stuck in - and I'll never forget that lobbed backheader from 25 metres that Gally scored (v. Palace?) or his reliability from penalties and free-kicks...but I reckon NP is right to think that GTF is more likely to make a contribution this season, even if his career is winding down.

Seriously why are we even considering signing this guy?! If he was still any good Blackpool wouldnt have let him go and he even got rejected by millwall! And whilst we're on the subject, what is the point of this Polish guy? We have Morgan, Moore, Whitbread, and Miquel. Even without St Ledger how are we going to keep all these guys happy? I can see Wenger kicking off soon about Miquels lack of game time too!

And? Let him go. If Miquel isn't playing it's because he isn't good enough. I really don't care if the means Wenger recalls him as it won't make a difference to us.

The point of Wasilewski? Good player from the sound of it, possibly very good. Seems a sound strategy to have good players at the club - question marks over whether Whitbread and St Ledger fall into this category.

Archived