Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kitchandro

Blackpool Pre-match Thread: Teams/Predictions/Plans Etc.

Should be getting to The Manchester about 11ish. Not sure where we'll end up at night, we'll definitely go in Vodka Revs and Che Bar, maybe end up in Club Sanuk. Knowing my mates we'll be in a strip club as well at some point lol

Knowing your mates or knowing yourself? :D

------------------Schmeichel--------------------

De Laet----Moore----Morgan----Konchesky

------------------Hammond----------------------

---------Drinkwater---------King---------------

Nugent-------------Vardy--------------------Dyer

Knockaert's played well in the last 2 games, but I think we need to make sure we're tight in the midfield for a game like this. Plenty of scope for him to come on later in the game if we need something. Maybe an option instead of Nugent as he's not exactly been shit hot in the last couple of fixtures. 

Either way I'd like to see that front 3 be pretty fluid. Neither Nugent nor Vardy should spend the whole game stuck on the wing, albeit both are capable of playing there.

This I think away from home we need three in the middle and you have to have dyer, nugent and Vardy for their pace and movement

Can't go this one unfortunately. I do enjoy a night in Blackpool.

I want to see us pack the midfield again. Our Achilles heel last season was our away form, based on getting over-run and not battling in the middle of the park.

So I'd revert back to a 5-3-2.

Kasper

DeLaet Moore Morgan Zak Konch

King James Drinky

Nuge Vardy

Would be my team.

With a bench enabling us to revert to a 4-4-2 if needed.

With the effectness and the ability of the squad to play it 3-5-2 being questionable, maybe 4-1-3-2 would work better

I have a feeling we'll go 3-5-2

Kasper

Moore, Morgan, Miquel

De laet                                 Konch

Drinkwater  King

Knocky

Vardy           Nuge

- subs Wood, Logan, Schlupp, Dyer, Hammond, James, Whitbread

I'd prefer 4-4-2 with the same team though. Would be happy with a point 0-0

Few of us heading to the Manchester as well. Haven't been looking forward to an away game this much for quite a while. Hopefully won't disappoint. 

I'd like to see us stick to  4-4-2 and attack them. As long as we're more clinical than we have been in the last 2 games, we'll score goals.

I'm hoping Pearson's new found tactical tinkering will be seen again, 442 at home is fine, but could be a mistake away, I don't want to hear this never change a winning team bollocks either, it's a cop out and almost implies the manager shouldn't even consider the strengths of the opposition.

Blackpool at home this season have won every match 1-0, so it is going to be tight and tough to breakdown, they have also just got Dobbie in so that is an added attacking threat.

I would like to see us go 532 to start with.

Morgan Moore Miquel/Was

RDL-------------------------------Schlupp

DD King James

Nuge Vardy

Maybe even start Hammond, but that would depend on fitness.

I think keep it tight, keep them out, and see if we can hit a goal through RDL and Schlupp, we know we can change it quickly to 442 and introduce Knocky late on if we want to go for the win, but his fitness still worries me and a game like this he could be kicked off the ball early on and nullified, whereas coming on late he can make a bigger impact.

Anyone know whether the Manchester will be letting in anyone under 18? I know they have a family section but I imagine the fun will be in the other room.

Also, hope the weather is better than it is today, absolutely peeing it down. Weather forecast for Saturday is decent though.

I'm torn between keeping exactly the same team and formation or trying to win the central midfield man with an extra body and losing a winger? Maybe something like this?

Kasper

Moore

Morgan

Konchesky

De Laet

King

Drinkwater

Hammond

Dyer

Vardy

Nugent

Subs: James, Knockaert, Wood, Logan, Miquel, Schlupp, Whitbread

Knockaert has done well since he's finally got a start in the league and I loathe dropping him when he's on form but Lloyd is also doing well and loves away games at the start of the season so what do you do? Nigel has never been defensive away at Blackpool and it's yielded a win and 2 draws with both draws being fortunate for Blackpool and harsh on us. It's a shame Wasyl hasn't got international clearance because I think he's going to be a warrior away from home.

Obviously tempting to stick with the team that has won the last two games but I don't think we will. Could see the 3-5-2 returning for this one and us trying to counter blackpool. Need someone to keep up with Tom Ince

Wasyl would have bull hammered him as well

Archived