Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Robbie Savage what a quoter !

Just seen this on the regional paper speculation on sky sports news

LEICESTER MERCURY

Ex-Leicester City midfielder Robbie Savage admitted he will be cheering on Derby County when the sides meet in the Capital cup third round !

What a superb player for Leicester but why does he dislike a team that helped him become an excellent player under O'Neil ?

Maybe there are still people at Derby that he befriended, while the likelihood or there being any more than Birch at our club that were here during his time, are slim. To be honest, I'm not sure why fans expect players to fall in love with a club. Surely many footballers create friendships regardless of club allegiances and those are the people they might stay loyal to.

Because we don't kiss his arse and even worse... just aren't all that bothered by him. If we worshiped the ground he walked on and Derby didn't give him any attention then he'd be cheering us on. 

He just follows the band wagon or who gives him the most attention... That's why he says things like this; whereas most ex-players aren't all that bothered.

Why do people still think Savage has any respect for Leicester? The whole lot went out the window after the Birmingham game.

He used to live two doors away from me and he is still friends with one of my neighbours, I have no idea what went on at the club but he hates us, doesn't just not support us but actively wants us to lose according to him.

Maybe the Derby fan on here (Tinman I think?) can answer: Was he all that popular at Derby? He wasn't part of a vintage side with you lot and obviously had previous given the dive at Pride Park, but what was the feeling towards him?

Good servant to both clubs except Derbys was recent.Not got a problem with that statement.Robbie also likes go get a reaction so it's water of a ducks back.Little disappointed he didn't mention his cars and money.He also wanted to come back to Us from Derby but Pearson said no.So has probably had his nose put out of joint!

Never thought he was a 'great' player and not a patch on our midfielders at the time, Muzzy, Lennon, Guppy, Zagorakis & Kaamark, bit of a gobshite to be honest and when he chased the Ref to get Elliott sent off in tge Brumbgame that was it.... 👃👎

What a twat Savage is, of course City fans booed him after kissing his Brum badge. I will never forgive him for ruining the league cup final against Spurs when he got Justin Edinburgh sent off and it ruined the game and fired Spurs up.

If he thinks he is one of our best midfielders ever he is deluded. Zagorakis should have started in front of him every time.

What a twat Savage is, of course City fans booed him after kissing his Brum badge. I will never forgive him for ruining the league cup final against Spurs when he got Justin Edinburgh sent off and it ruined the game and fired Spurs up.

If he thinks he is one of our best midfielders ever he is deluded. Zagorakis should have started in front of him every time.

Too right.

Overrated and carried by Lennon and Izzet.

Lennon-Izzet-Parker was far better in that time.

Can't blame him....

I wouldn't support an ex team if I'd been booed by their fans upon my return having spent a number of successful years there! http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/128429/Robbie-Savage-lambasts-Leicester-boo-boys

Just shows how pathetic and mindless some of our fans can be!

I liked him,but claiming HIMSELF to be one of the best midfielders in our history along side muzzy and Lennon about sums him up for being on the wind up!

Can't blame him....

I wouldn't support an ex team if I'd been booed by their fans upon my return having spent a number of successful years there!

http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/128429/Robbie-Savage-lambasts-Leicester-boo-boys

Just shows how pathetic and mindless some of our fans can be!

Can't blame him?He brought it on his self,as mentioned in the Birmingham game.

And as one of our best midfielders ever.... I think he must have been drinking.

What a midfield. Wonderful passer in Parker, Muzzy's skill and technique, Lennon's tackling and vision.

It was magnificent.

Such a shame Parker only had a couple of seasons aged 32-34 to show his true class here in a decent side, had he been 25 we could have had that midfield trio for 7-8 years...

Parker was good, but Savage imo was better.

Savage was better than a player who made the England squad in his prime (though admittidly not capped)?

Savage is a great act .... his long hair makes him look like he's doing more than he is and he puts allbhis effort into the last 10 minutes of both halves .... he's anonymous for the other 70 minutes .... but cleverly they are the 10 minute spells everyone remembers.

Once we sussed that amongst the mates i sat with it was obvious every single game.

Parker was good, but Savage imo was better.

Ohhhh Nooooooooo!!!!

Archived