Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
justfoxes

Robbie Savage what a quoter !

According to wiki he was desperate to join us on loan from Derby around 2009 but Pearson knocked him back in no uncertain terms. Could be that he harbours more ill-feeling to Pearson for that than he does to the club.

Don't have any problem with him personally. Was never a good footballer but he was a central character throughout our most successful period in recent decades. I'd still applaud him if he came back.

To be honest he wasn't all that good for Derby. Certainly displayed a bad attitude at times and only really started playing for them when they realised that they couldn't shift him (clubs like us turning him down). He had a couple of seasons in a dire team being a bit of a gobshite and doing more with his mouth than his feet. Had someone else been stupid enough to have him he'd be slating Derby right now. He's just to stupid to realise that you can leave a club in a right way.

The best thing I find with Savage is to take zero notice of anything he says and just remember who and what he was for us, which is, like it or not, one of our most important players in one of our most successful periods. Don't tell him this, but at the end of the day he's a bit of a Leicester legend...

like it or not, one of our most important players in one of our most successful periods. Don't tell him this, but at the end of the day he's a bit of a Leicester legend...

Got to disagree with that, plenty of players were more important during the MON years and he is far from being a Legend (unless we have 50 of them).

To be honest he wasn't all that good for Derby. Certainly displayed a bad attitude at times and only really started playing for them when they realised that they couldn't shift him (clubs like us turning him down). He had a couple of seasons in a dire team being a bit of a gobshite and doing more with his mouth than his feet. Had someone else been stupid enough to have him he'd be slating Derby right now. He's just to stupid to realise that you can leave a club in a right way.

The best thing I find with Savage is to take zero notice of anything he says and just remember who and what he was for us, which is, like it or not, one of our most important players in one of our most successful periods. Don't tell him this, but at the end of the day he's a bit of a Leicester legend...

He wasn't that important. He wasn't even in the side until after we won the league cup the first time and we were probably a better side then. Parker was a far better player.

I don't consider him a legend, he just played for us in an era where we were relatively successful. Legends are players that stand out as individuals in their time. Like Elliott, Izzet and Lennon did.

Savage isn't even as much of a 'legend' as Simon Grayson and Tony Cottee, since they scored in league-cup semi-finals to take us through. He's about on the same level as Frank Sinclair, Mike Whitlow, Scott Taylor and Kasey Keller.

He wasn't that important. He wasn't even in the side until after we won the league cup the first time and we were probably a better side then. Parker was a far better player.

I don't consider him a legend, he just played for us in an era where we were relatively successful. Legends are players that stand out as individuals in their time. Like Elliott, Izzet and Lennon did.

Savage isn't even as much of a 'legend' as Simon Grayson and Tony Cottee, since they scored in league-cup semi-finals to take us through. He's about on the same level as Frank Sinclair, Mike Whitlow, Scott Taylor and Kasey Keller.

Haha could you be anymore wrong.

I like him. He was part of a great Leicester City side. He was just as important, even MON still recognizes that.

He's just controversial. And it works because we are all talking about him now.

I cannot remember him kissing the Birmingham badge but that was probably heat of the moment, as most things in football are... Didn't Heskey say he'd always been a Liverpool fan when he signed for them?

I like him. He was part of a great Leicester City side. He was just as important, even MON still recognizes that.

He's just controversial. And it works because we are all talking about him now.

I cannot remember him kissing the Birmingham badge but that was probably heat of the moment, as most things in football are... Didn't Heskey say he'd always been a Liverpool fan when he signed for them?

Well said ðŸ‘

What a midfield. Wonderful passer in Parker, Muzzy's skill and technique, Lennon's tackling and vision.

Don't forget Guppy's beautiful left foot prowess.

Savage was, unfortunately, the poor relation in midfield. I say that even as somebody who liked the bloke.

Savage wouldn't lace Parkers boots in terms of playing football, I agree with the zagorakis comment too, we didn't get to see enough of him. I also agree with the Lennon and izzett comment, they did make him look allot better than he was. Although I liked him I remember one of the young lads that cut the grass at belvoir drive saying at Xmas the players give them money and as u can imagine it gives them a nice tidy bonus when we need it, he jokingly asked savage and save said "sorry mate need to buy a new steering wheel for my Ferrari" lol the lad did laugh but considering the amount of work they put in it wouldn't have hurt surely (seeing as MON gave them a £100 each

Kasey Keller was far more important. Frank Sinclair was far less. Yeah spot on.

Are you for real. Savage was no more no less important than the likes of sinclair, taggart, grayson, guppy.

But to try to claim he was in the same class as muzzy, lennon, parker. He's a ****ing clown.

Parker, lennon and muzzy was class. Yes when savage stopped being a back up at wingback to grayson he formed part of a sucessful midfield 3, but he was the poor relation in that side.

And he had far to high opinion of himself. As for kissimg the brum badge, some people may not like players who don't celebrate scoring against former clubs but i think it shows a level of understanding. He had been let go by utd and was playing for crewe when mon brought him to us. Show a little respect. Not a pink porsche and white suit. Clown.

Why do people never read a quote or article before getting butthurt and over reacting? He said he likes the club and holds us in high regard, whenever I've seen him talk about Leicester he's mostly said good things since retiring.

But he said because of Nigel Clough and the fact he played for them recently he still wants them to win.

He's loved Derby since he went there. They made him captain, he was one of the veterans at the club, still fresh in his mind. We're just a club he played for long ago.

People better get used to it because if Wes stays round the game after he retires he's going to cheer on Forest over us. You all going to call him a dick too? Get over it, you make us sound all so ****ing needy.

It's like when Clarridge dares criticize. Even when he's right.

Archived