Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 14 Official Thread

That's fair enough, although part of the settings are to do with your own AI players too. The biggest change for me is the switch to manual controls, which is tricky, but I feel I have so much more freedom to play now. If I overhit a pass, it's my fault. If I miss a shot, it's my fault. Only played two matches so far, but I can see the improvement already. Not sure exactly how much it'd affect online play but I reckon if you got used to these settings you'd be a far better player than 90% of people online. Give it a try perhaps?

thats what interested me. when i master the manual ill (hope) to be unstoppable online on ps4.

15 minuite halves make a lot of sense too, late subs actually have a chance to affect the game, and the pace you can play at means you can control the game and slow things down if you find yourself up against it.

Conceding one of those stupid hoofed balls from kick off that your keeper cocks up is the final straw from me. Selling it and buying a far better football game (FM14).

I'm doing the same, can't carry on with this. Need a football fix somewhere so FM it will be.

I wish i had a vid of a goal i conceded today - keeper parries shot, striker goes for rebound at impossible angle which keeper picks it up easily....and walks straight into the side of the net. Of course he does.

If you play with Leicester on Seasons like me, try this formation it works wonders IF you like possession football and like to pass it around a lot and move.

Schmeichel

Moore Morgan Wasilewski

De Leat                          Dyer/Schupp

Drinkwater King

Knockaert

Nugent Vardy

Subs wise, you've got Wood, Taylor-Fletcher(Never used him), Bakayogo(good replacement for Schlupp if you wanted to put Schlupp upfront).

What does Al mean?

I agree with Walkers, load of shit.

Pisses me off that if you play Cup games and get to the Final and it goes to penalties you can't control the keeper or the computer players taking penalties, ridiculously unfair.

AI means artificial intelligence

Yeah what does that mean?

In video games, artificial intelligence is used to produce the illusion of intelligence primarily in the behavior of non-player characters (NPCs). The techniques used typically draw upon existing methods from the field of artificial intelligence (AI). However, the term game AI is often used to refer to a broad set of algorithms that also include techniques from control theory, robotics, computer graphics and computer science in general.

Since game AI for NPCs is centered on appearance of intelligence and good gameplay, its approach is very different from that of traditional AI; workarounds and cheats are acceptable and, in many cases, the computer abilities must be toned down to give human players a sense of fairness. This, for example, is true in first-person shooter games, where NPCs' otherwise perfect aiming would be beyond human skill.

In video games, artificial intelligence is used to produce the illusion of intelligence primarily in the behavior of non-player characters (NPCs). The techniques used typically draw upon existing methods from the field of artificial intelligence (AI). However, the term game AI is often used to refer to a broad set of algorithms that also include techniques from control theory, robotics, computer graphics and computer science in general.

Since game AI for NPCs is centered on appearance of intelligence and good gameplay, its approach is very different from that of traditional AI; workarounds and cheats are acceptable and, in many cases, the computer abilities must be toned down to give human players a sense of fairness. This, for example, is true in first-person shooter games, where NPCs' otherwise perfect aiming would be beyond human skill.

Basically, when you play the computer (CPU) you are playing the AI.

Playing FUT earlier with a mate and I was judged to have been stood in an offside position when I put a cross in that had just been cleared from my corner, when the opposition still had a player on the line lol. Absolutely hilarious, it took us both a while to click that there was a player behind the red line, wish there was a highlight of it

Playing FUT earlier with a mate and I was judged to have been stood in an offside position when I put a cross in that had just been cleared from my corner, when the opposition still had a player on the line lol. Absolutely hilarious, it took us both a while to click that there was a player behind the red line, wish there was a highlight of it

Where was the goalkeeper?

Piece of fvcking shlt game. The people who make this are absolutely robbing a living. Wankers

I've said before. The game is set up for Next Gen. Totally different game engine just plays different on current gen consoles.

This is shite. It's almost unplayable.

Why, when you're not in possession, does it autoselect players seemingly at random - meaning the player near the ball stands off and a random player somewhere the other side of the pitch lunges like an idiot leaving the opponent clear on goal?

And why, after Wes Morgan cleared the ball into touch cleanly, did the linesman flag for a penalty and the ref send him off! FFS!

Archived