Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 14 Official Thread

I'm not enjoying it too much. The players turn like tanks. The first touch is horrendous (even if I'm standing still, it just bounces off). It still has the standard scripted 90 minute goals in.

And weirdly, shooting is too easy. I don't get many shots in a game (because passing/dribbling is horrible). However my conversion rate is at least 50%. I've lost count of the amount of games where I've scored 4 goals, and only had 4 or 5 shots

Fifa 9, 10 and 11 were great. Fifa 12 took me a few weeks to get used to, but I loved it in the end. But this one may be my least favourite.

Defending on this is a fvcking joke. I'm surely not the only one who constantly has the game selecting the wrong player when I change?

Yep and you tackle, it rebounds to another player and then another and another!

Also when you have the ball in the CAM position the AI defenders are too aggressive and just run at you - pointless!

Stop moaning because you are all bad a fifa , and i'm not . it's only a game don't be pathetic FFS   :thumbdown:

Only Joking / Fishing ,  I know the game is shit really !

Edit: Damn you. I missed the text. :(

But yeah, defending is awful. The 1 second lag they seem to have introduced on this fifa is bad enough as it is, but it makes switching between defenders almost impossible.

Defending on this is a fvcking joke. I'm surely not the only one who constantly has the game selecting the wrong player when I change?

Yes, the player selection is madness. It seems to switch to other players seemingly at random. I wondered if I had some weird setting selected. Any geeks care to clarify?

Everything I hate in this game is summed up in this video.

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/profile/media/XBOX/StuOliver/2014/video/174621078

WTF!!!

Oh but it gets worse. I equalise in the 89th minute and promptly from the kick off the guy passes goes on a forward run, the ball gets lobbed through to him and he is one on one with the keeper and promptly scores and I lose 4-3.

Joke game...

Everything I hate in this game is summed up in this video.

http://www.easports.com/fifa/football-club/profile/media/XBOX/StuOliver/2014/video/174621078

WTF!!!

Oh but it gets worse. I equalise in the 89th minute and promptly from the kick off the guy passes goes on a forward run, the ball gets lobbed through to him and he is one on one with the keeper and promptly scores and I lose 4-3.

Joke game...

lol

So you can foul the opposing keeper and get away with it - no booking? Hilarious!

I wonder if other people have caught up on that tactics already.

Yep and you tackle, it rebounds to another player and then another and another!

Also when you have the ball in the CAM position the AI defenders are too aggressive and just run at you - pointless!

I find it so hard to clear the ball. I appreciate it's probably my own fault because I used to pretty much point blank refuse to aimlessly hoof the ball on 13 and I'd only go long if someone was in space, but I swear it favours the attacker so often.

Yes, the player selection is madness. It seems to switch to other players seemingly at random. I wondered if I had some weird setting selected. Any geeks care to clarify?

I thought the whole idea of defending was to read the game and position yourself in preparation - how the hell do you do it when it never ever selects the best positioned player until it's too late? Certain goals are indefendable as a result.

I'm getting fed up of playing against FC Nantes now on seasons. Every time I have played against them I have won but it would be nice to be matched against another side.

Can't believe it's Nantes of all teams lol my FM side. I keep getting put against Leeds.

Leicester are actually my favourite side on this. Only side I consistently win with.

I find it so hard to clear the ball. I appreciate it's probably my own fault because I used to pretty much point blank refuse to aimlessly hoof the ball on 13 and I'd only go long if someone was in space, but I swear it favours the attacker so often.

I thought the whole idea of defending was to read the game and position yourself in preparation - how the hell do you do it when it never ever selects the best positioned player until it's too late? Certain goals are indefendable as a result.

Can't believe it's Nantes of all teams lol my FM side. I keep getting put against Leeds.

Leicester are actually my favourite side on this. Only side I consistently win with.

I never play with 5 star sides. Always Leicester or lower leagues. Saying that my FUT is a 4.5 star... Doesn't really count though. I would say I'm better with the lower ranked sides than the better ranked ones. Surely that should make me even better with the better sides? lol

This is by far and away the the biggest waste of £40. Playing pro clubs seemed alright at the start  but every game is as much of a fix as it was on last years game. Why do computer players not move? The ball can roll two yards away from them and they'll just stand still, sometimes at best they'd even flinch towards the ball before moving back into their shell. Why does the game slow your player down when youre chasing a ball played over the top. Why do your players get outmuscled in 100% of the 50/50's? Why do referees give penalties and free kicks for challenges where your player as clear as daylight wins the ball? Why if you're running down the wing does your winger decide to stop in infront of you to be called offside? It is absolutely blatantly obvious when you are not allowed to win a match, whenever we win a match there always seems to be some bullshit thing that goes in our favour.

We're literally banned from ever winning the first match of the new season but we're usually allowed to win matches between game 2-5. 5-8 usually go either way, we're constantly yo-yo'ing between div 3 and div 4, we're in div 3 at the moment and despite losing game 1 we reached halfway with 9pts. 2 games left we're still on 9pts after the three most infuriating matches I have ever played. Whoever calls this the best football game ever created hasn't a ****ing clue.

Whats worse is that the people who like to try and get up the arse of the developers are helping them believe that they're actually doing a good job when the truth is my ****ing dog could make a better football game than this shower of shite.

While a lot of the comments in this thread are ridiculously over the top, why don't those who are unsatisfied try the settings that Beliall posted? I'm just trying them out now, and while it's not easy (nor should it be, especially on Legendary), it does at least feel like the mistakes I'm making are my fault, not that of the AI. The only thing that's ever pissed me off about FIFA is the AI making mistakes for me, so this seems to have improved the situation greatly.

While a lot of the comments in this thread are ridiculously over the top, why don't those who are unsatisfied try the settings that Beliall posted? I'm just trying them out now, and while it's not easy (nor should it be, especially on Legendary), it does at least feel like the mistakes I'm making are my fault, not that of the AI. The only thing that's ever pissed me off about FIFA is the AI making mistakes for me, so this seems to have improved the situation greatly.

I only like playing online head to head - don't enjoy playing vs. the computer.

I only like playing online head to head - don't enjoy playing vs. the computer.

That's fair enough, although part of the settings are to do with your own AI players too. The biggest change for me is the switch to manual controls, which is tricky, but I feel I have so much more freedom to play now. If I overhit a pass, it's my fault. If I miss a shot, it's my fault. Only played two matches so far, but I can see the improvement already. Not sure exactly how much it'd affect online play but I reckon if you got used to these settings you'd be a far better player than 90% of people online. Give it a try perhaps?

Archived