Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 14 Official Thread

Fvck this game now , sick of it. Just played fvcking Al fvcking nassr in the league on UT and they played me off the park. Couldnt get the ball of them at all. Went for dead balls which looked pretty easy to get to and it just wouldnt let me. Ive got a 5* 81 rating team and cant even keep the ball for 3 seconds and i find it piss takingly bad that all the enjoyment from all the fifas (except 12 which i also found shite) has gone. What the fvck have you done EA?? This is going at weekend . Gonna give PES a try i think.

In regards to the FIFA thing about Ronaldo I've been shown some stats and he has the highest accuracy in the top leagues... 4.1% of shots/freekicks are on target. Will post if anyone wants to see it.

has anyone tried altering the sliders? i using a set i found here - http://www.operationsports.com/forums/fifa-slider-discussion/666453-zjac7s-fifa-14-natural-feel-sliders.html

but there are other on the same site, google fifa 14 sliders.

to save a mouse click heres the slider i used, pasted from the operation sports site

FIFA 14 plays great right out of the box, I fired it up, and was very happy to see that there was no more "dancing with the ball" (FIFA 12), or "CPU in hyper-attack" (FIFA 13), but then came the WTF? problem for this year.

If last year had a slight "psychic CPU" problem, then this year's hive-minded drone army (on both attack and defense!) presented a challenge that I almost felt that sliders couldn't fix. But this year it seems that more sliders impact decisions made by the CPU than in years past.

As usual, I knocked CPU Run Frequency down to 0. I've covered this in previous years, but I strongly believe that CPU Run Frequency is a "god slider," designed to "even out" CPU gameplay across all difficulties. Setting it to 0 causes each team to play true to its ratings. This, along with some slight tweaks to User Line Settings, will immediately cause the CPU to play more organically with each team true to its identity. As with each year, Custom Team Tactics should not be necessary with these sliders.

On defense, I made some slight tweaks to the speed settings and CPU Marking, this should get rid of the psychic CPU on defense and should allow players to actually move in space on Legendary difficulty.

On to the sliders:

Auto Switching: Manual
Move Assistance: High
Assistance: Off/All Manual
Analog Sprint: On
Defending: Tactical

Half Length: 15 minutes
Difficulty: Legendary
Game Speed: Normal

User/CPU

Sprint Speed: 49/49 (slight downtick in speed helps combat psychic CPU)
Acceleration: 49/48 (difference in acceleration helps combat psychic CPU - keep at 49 if you feel this opens the game up too much)
Shot Error: 49/54
Pass Error: 49/68 (for some reason pass accuracy is awful on Manual this year - this helps)
Shot Speed: 50/50
Pass Speed: 51/49
Injury Frequency: TBD (I still haven't figured out injury settings yet - any suggestions welcome - I've cranked it all the way up to 73 thus far and am still not seeing injuries)
Injury Severity: TBD
Goalkeeper Ability: 51/50 
Marking: 50/51 (upping CPU Marking seems counterintuitive given how aggressive the CPU is, but it's the only way to open up passing lanes)
Run Frequency: 45/0
Line Height: 44 (affects CPU build up AI)/50
Line Length: 49 (tightens user midfield play)/51 (loosens the CPU's psychic organization)
Line Width: 54 (affects CPU build up AI)/50
Fullback Positioning: 50/50
Power Bar: 43 (for some reason the Power Bar is a lot faster this year - this helps with control)
First Touch 46 (helps with build up/one-touch play on manual)/50

Also, in the past I've been asked about my Camera settings, so I'll post these as well (I don't consider these part of the slider set FWIW):

Tele Broadcast, Height 19, Zoom 3

changing the difficulty to legendary and switching to manual may look tricky, but it really does play well. give it a few games.

Can't get the hang of this Fifa at all. In Fifa 12, I won division one in head to head seasons a good few times. In this, I'm struggling in division 8.

What seems ridiculous is first time passing seems a lot easier than just controlling it and passing.

Ash please pass on!

1) The full game feels like the demo. Basically because the shooting has changed a bit, they've introduced new types of shot - good. However when every other shot you take is dipping or outside of the foot - it's a simulation game and I can see why the magazines etc rated it so high. They want to score these stupid goals constantly well I don't. What's the point of scoring special goals if you get 4 a game and with some random player that shouldn't be scoring with the outside of the foot!

2) No variation on the new shots. It'll either swerve like hell or not at all.

3) since fifa 2007 they have failed to address the fact that in real life you can score from anywhere. However the game still has spots where you will always score and some (near post) never score.

4) added to that how many times must I smash a shot after great build up or even angle one nicely only for the keeper to catch or dive on it like hes playing catch with an asthmatic grandma???

5) there seems to be little context for these new shots. An example id weaved inside left to right with hazard, gone for the near post and instead he cuts across it, the next he dips the shot, the next he uses his left foot? I mean WTF?

6) why does nearly every shot result in the player falling on the floor - I hate this with a passion!!! Particularly when shooting across your body!!

If the next gen is meant to have 1000s more animations I dread to think how they will implement it. All you seem to get is stupid overly hit outside of the foot shots that ibrahimovic doesn't even score week in week out, yet he seems the worse culprit for this on the game?

Ash please pass on!

1) The full game feels like the demo. Basically because the shooting has changed a bit, they've introduced new types of shot - good. However when every other shot you take is dipping or outside of the foot - it's a simulation game and I can see why the magazines etc rated it so high. They want to score these stupid goals constantly well I don't. What's the point of scoring special goals if you get 4 a game and with some random player that shouldn't be scoring with the outside of the foot!

2) No variation on the new shots. It'll either swerve like hell or not at all.

3) since fifa 2007 they have failed to address the fact that in real life you can score from anywhere. However the game still has spots where you will always score and some (near post) never score.

4) added to that how many times must I smash a shot after great build up or even angle one nicely only for the keeper to catch or dive on it like hes playing catch with an asthmatic grandma???

5) there seems to be little context for these new shots. An example id weaved inside left to right with hazard, gone for the near post and instead he cuts across it, the next he dips the shot, the next he uses his left foot? I mean WTF?

6) why does nearly every shot result in the player falling on the floor - I hate this with a passion!!! Particularly when shooting across your body!!

If the next gen is meant to have 1000s more animations I dread to think how they will implement it. All you seem to get is stupid overly hit outside of the foot shots that ibrahimovic doesn't even score week in week out, yet he seems the worse culprit for this on the game?

Will pass it on no probelems. Thing I've noticed is the amount of over head clearances lol

Fvck this game now , sick of it. Just played fvcking Al fvcking nassr in the league on UT and they played me off the park. Couldnt get the ball of them at all. Went for dead balls which looked pretty easy to get to and it just wouldnt let me. Ive got a 5* 81 rating team and cant even keep the ball for 3 seconds and i find it piss takingly bad that all the enjoyment from all the fifas (except 12 which i also found shite) has gone. What the fvck have you done EA?? This is going at weekend . Gonna give PES a try i think.

Can't get the hang of this Fifa at all. In Fifa 12, I won division one in head to head seasons a good few times. In this, I'm struggling in division 8.

What seems ridiculous is first time passing seems a lot easier than just controlling it and passing.

I'm with you both on this. I've moved from FIFA 12 to this and I just can't get the hang of it. 

This evening I lost the plot after to losing to two shitty Arab teams. Al-Veyronwrecker and Al-Oilbastard.

Well if that's the case Ash it's absolutely scandalous. If it plays like a different game then it'll be blatantly obvious that they've just mackled this one together purely for monetary purposes.

I've been a big Fifa fan over the last few years. And played A LOT of games on 13, probably around 700 on UT, but this game just feels like a massive step back to me, so slow on the turn & jerky, not free flowing at all.

I wish I liked it.......it's just shìte at the minute though.

Archived