Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 14 Official Thread

Update coming to consoles next week. 

• Balancing attacking headers. 

• Balancing finesse shots. 
• Improved defender switching during crosses. 
• Freezes while making substitutions during gameplay. 
• Freezes while entering and exiting Leaderboards. 
• Improvements made to Dynamic Camera. 
• Corrected crowd sections in Signal Iduna Park. 
• Corrected “Any†and “GK†filters in Pro Clubs. 
• We've responded to the community and upgraded FIFA 14 cover star Stephan El Shaarawy to 4* Skills in Online Seasons, Head to Head, and Career Mode using EA SPORTS Football Club Match Day. Since the FIFA 14 Ultimate Team ratings and database are separate from the Match Day Update, he will be assessed and potentially upgraded in FUT at a later date. 

http://forum.ea.com/uk/posts/list/2630006.page

Didn't like it initially, but I'm starting to get into it now. Starting to get used to the pace of the game although I run too fast with certain players... Bit more realistic when players turn, which I like.

This. I was very close to putting it up for sale the other night but gave it another go and out of nowhere I seem to be hammering everyone lol

Just scored an unbelievable goal in the 90th minute to win 2-1;

http://www.easports.com/uk/fifa/football-club/profile/media/XBOX/Dan%20LCFC/2014/video/173156684

I haven't got this. However are people tinkering with the sliders again this year?

Seem to remember 13 was woeful until you played about with them and things improved greatly. Fifasoccerblog has an article with some recommended ones, anybody fancy trying them and relaying back to us?

:)

Can't help thinking you lot are fickle bastards who only enjoy the game when you're winning.  Think I'll make a punt on it anyway - in about 6 months when I'm done with GTA. Dem graphics. I've been erect for the past 5 hours.

If you can play this game with lower rated sides playing with a better side is just piss easy. I was Leicester v Wolves. This lad was getting hammered all over the place but I couldn't score. Decided to go 3-5-2/3-4-1-2 in the second half. He has has one shot all game compared to my 10, 7 of them being on target. I just can't score. Final attack in the 90th minute Schlupp with the cross.... Who's there non other than Chris Wood to fire home from 12 yards. Surprised I didn't wake the whole house up lol

3-5-2/3-4-1-2 works wonders on this game if you like possession football and can control games. Leicesters squad is pacey as well.

Schmeichel

Moore Morgan Wasilewski

De Leat Drinkwater King Schlupp

Knockaert

Nugent Wood

That's the formation I changed to yesterday Matty James is good in the middle too for 3-5-2/3-4-1-2!

I've beaten loads of team with my lower rated team. (Ultimate Team)

Came up against an 83 rated team and beat them 6-2. 

Everyone's obsessed with getting the best squad

My squad is rated at 74

I've beaten loads of team with my lower rated team. (Ultimate Team)

Came up against an 83 rated team and beat them 6-2.

Everyone's obsessed with getting the best squad

My squad is rated at 74

Not to piss on your parade but you do realise lower rated squads get a boost or higher rated squads get downgraded when you play against each other? I suppose it makes it fair.

What difficulty are people using when playing against the AI?

I find Professional far too easy as the AI are thick, easy to get the ball off, never run at you and miss open goals. However, I find World Class too hard purely because I can't ever get the ball off players that are half decent dribblers. If you back off them they will go round you, but if you ever close them down to tackle they posses superhuman reactions and always dodge the challenge.

What difficulty are people using when playing against the AI?

I find Professional far too easy as the AI are thick, easy to get the ball off, never run at you and miss open goals. However, I find World Class too hard purely because I can't ever get the ball off players that are half decent dribblers. If you back off them they will go round you, but if you ever close them down to tackle they posses superhuman reactions and always dodge the challenge.

I've been playing on Legendary up until this one. I've dropped down to World Class, as you're right about them making it harder to get the ball off them. 

Does anyone else get really frustrated changing the team in team management > squad? It is so unresponsive when I press the button and can have to press X on a player 3-4 times before it actually selects them? So annoying.

Does anyone else get really frustrated changing the team in team management > squad? It is so unresponsive when I press the button and can have to press X on a player 3-4 times before it actually selects them? So annoying.

I thought it was bad in the last one, but my god. It shouldn't be so frustrating to change your squad. lol

Generally disappointed by this so far. It seems impossible just to do simple things, and the response and speed of player movement/passing is too ridiculously slow. Also seems impossible to get a shot on goal from outside of the box, let alone score. I'm relying on headers from 5'7" players.

Had that on 13 as well.

1-0 up this afternoon in FUT online, got the ball on the edge of my area, pressed the button (and watched my power bar go up 3 times for a clearance) and nothing happened.  Guy then steals the ball off my foot and scores in the last seconds.  There was no lag during the game it was a smooth as can be.  This game is just...woeful.  

Archived